Sunday, July 3, 2011

Translation: Kaiketsu Zubatto, Episode 7

There's a peculiar aspect to this episode of Zuvatt. Specifically, it appears to take place in the same city and hotel as the last episode, but the characters (except that drummer guy) are all different. Just as last time, the setting is the Hotel Syusuien, and Hotel Syusuien is thanked in the credits, so I guess maybe they made a filming deal with the company that they didn't want to pass up?

At any rate, this week's episode appears to be in continuity with last week's, since, as one Japanese blog pointed out, Hayakawa appears to have learned a lesson or two about trusting kidnappers when they make demands.

Another fun fact: This week's bodyguard, Great Kong, is played by an actual Japanese professional wrestler named Mister Chin, who also made a guest appearance (unseen by me) in episode 22 of JAKQ. I guess that's why he gets to put up a pretty decent fight against Hiroshi Miyauchi in this ep!

Check out the full script below the cut, and stay tuned for a Gaia update later tonight!

0:00:30
TITLE: The Magnificent Zuvatt!

[Opening Theme]
Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
Since the day when I saw that view of hell
The only wind that I feel on my face
Is a wind of revenge, a burning wind!
Hunt them down! Hunt them down, and corner them!

Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
My friend, my dear friend!
My friend, please watch my howling whip!

I am the Magnificent Zuvatt!


0:02:16
HAYAKAWA: It's a good thing I caught this.

WATARU: That was a home run!

HAYAKAWA: Oh? Not bad.

WATARU: He hit it from all the way up there! I'm on the Hotel Syusuien team! We're really good!

HAYAKAWA: I bet you are.

WATARU: You wanna watch? You're not busy, right?

HAYAKAWA: I guess it's going to be a busy day.

WATARU: Ah!

0:02:50
HAYAKAWA: What happened here?

WATARU: Ah! Samu!

SAMU: It hurts... it hurts...

WATARU: Samu! What happened? We were just practicing...

HAYAKAWA: Hey, are you okay? Watch out!

WATARU: Ah! That's my brother!

HAYAKAWA: What!?

0:03:20
TITLE: A Bad Wind in a Harbor Town

OSAMU: Hey, wait up, Midori!

MIDORI: No. I'm going on by myself.

OSAMU: I know, you're looking for your brother's killer. And I'm nothing compared to that, right?

MIDORI: You're just tagging along to watch that detective.

OSAMU: I am not!

MIDORI: I just want to be of aid to Mr. Hayakawa. He's out there looking for my brother's... my dead brother's killer. If I can be of any use to him at all...

OSAMU: I get it!

MIDORI: Mr. Hayakawa...

0:04:04
WATARU: Brother! Big brother! Big brother, speak to me!

HAYAKAWA: Stay with us.

0:04:39
WATARU: Big brother... speak to me, please!

EIJI: Give this... to Mr. Okura...

OKURA: Eiji! What happened? Oh... hello. I'm Okura, the manager of this hotel. Thank you for all you've done.

HAYAKAWA: Eiji wanted you to have this.

0:05:33
OKURA: The truth is, this hotel is under threat. I've been keeping it a secret from Wataru and the children of the hotel's employees, but...

HAYAKAWA: The hotel?

OKURA: Yes. It's well-known that we're the most popular hotel in the east of Japan. The Minus Gang thinks they can get a lot of money out of blackmailing us.

HAYAKAWA: The Minus Gang?

OKURA: Look at this.

VILLAIN: Bring us 500 million yen, or this won't be the end of it! You should know what we're capable of by now!

HAYAKAWA: What a nasty business.

0:06:14
WATARU: Help me!

GANG: Don't struggle!

GANG: Hey. You're in the way. Move it.

GANG: How dare you!

0:06:30
HAYAKAWA: Hey, kid.

GANG: W-Who are you!?

HAYAKAWA: I hear this pool is open all year 'round. I thought we might have a little swimming competition.

GANG: Who the hell are you!?

HAYAKAWA: Hayakawa Ken. I wander the land looking for the man who killed my childhood friend.

GANG: What the hell?

HAYAKAWA: Ah, he was a good man. And his life was cut short in a moment by a fool of your ilk!

GANG: What!? Did you just call us fools!? I'll kill you!

0:07:20
KONG: I am the bodyguard of the Minus Gang, Great Kong! I'll crush the ribs of any man who dares challenge my strength!

HAYAKAWA: I see. You do appear quite skilled... but as far as I can see, you're still only the second-best in Japan.

KONG: What!? Then who's the best?

0:08:49
DOUSAI: Enough! I am the leader of the Minus Gang, Dousai the Invincible! It seems my associates have been a bit reckless.

HAYAKAWA: Dousai the Invincible. So you're the one behind this. Then tell me... what do you mean by blackmailing these people!?

DOUSAI: Well, I think that's enough for one day. Come along.

0:10:26
MIDORI: Osamu! What was that sound?

OSAMU: I don't know!

HAYAKAWA: You two!

MIDORI: I knew you'd be here, Mr. Hayakawa. This is the work of those criminals, isn't it?

HAYAKAWA: They're killers. Go home before you get hurt.

MIDORI: But these could be the men who killed my brother!

HAYAKAWA: If you stay here, you're as good as dead.

OSAMU: I don't mind staying!

HAYAKAWA: You fools! Don't get involved!

0:11:03
HAYAKAWA: Mr. Okura! Mr. Okura! Mr. Okura...

0:11:13
EYECATCH: The Magnificent Zuvatt!

0:11:25
OKURA: Hello? This is the Hotel Syusuien...

DOUSAI: Bring the 500 million to the bluff before noon tomorrow. Whoever brings the money must come alone. If you break any of these conditions, you won't like what happens. Understand?

OKURA: Is Wataru safe? Let me hear his voice!

DOUSAI: Let him go. Go ahead, say something.

WATARU: Big brother! It's me, Wataru! Save me! Please! Big brother! Save me, save me!

OKURA: Wataru! Are you okay? Speak to me! Hello!?

0:12:14
DOUSAI: That's 500 million. No more stalling. Understand?

OKURA: Take care out there.

EIJI: I'm so sorry... I have to save my brother.

HAYAKAWA: Eiji. Let me go in your place.

EIJI: No, I'll go. He's my brother. They said they'd let him go if I gave them the money.

HAYAKAWA: These aren't men who keep their promises. It's more important that I get a look at their home base.

EIJI: No, I really should go.

HAYAKAWA: Just a moment, kid.

HAYAKAWA: You're open.

0:13:14
HAYAKAWA: Hey. I brought your money. If you don't come out... I'll burn it up. There we go, it's burning now!

HAYAKAWA: The truth is, my life is worth 500 million yen. Which of you would like to take it?

DOUSAI: You got off easy this time, boy. Next time, I will kill you.

0:14:14
BOSS: It's clear that boy stole the money for himself! Go and steal it from him!

DOUSAI: Sir!

BOSS: Let no man underestimate the power of the Dakkar organization!

DOUSAI: As you command, sir. I'll torture him until he begs me to take the money back from him!

BOSS: Don't let your guard down for a minute.

0:14:52
DOUSAI: Harder!

DOUSAI: String him up higher!

DOUSAI: Now, where did you hide the 500 million!? Tell me!

HAYAKAWA: Tell you? Why, so that you can kill me?

DOUSAI: What was that? Out of the way. Here...

DOUSAI: I'll loosen that tongue of yours! Take this!

0:16:03
GANG: You better refresh your memory real quick. If you don't, you'll both be sleeping with the fishes.

GANG: We're sinking this ship in five minutes!

GANG: He escaped!

GANG: What!?

GANG: Find him! Search the ship!

0:17:07
DOUSAI: What's that!?

HAYAKAWA: Flight switch, on!

HAYAKAWA: Are you alright?

0:17:58
DOUSAI: Just who are you!?

HAYAKAWA: Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case! They call me the wandering hero... the Magnificent Zuvatt!

HAYAKAWA: Terrorizing and blackmailing innocent people... Dousai the Incincible, you will pay!

[Opening Song/1st verse]
Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
Since the day when I saw that view of hell
The only wind that I feel on my face
Is a wind of revenge, a burning wind!
Hunt them down! Hunt them down, and corner them!

Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
My friend, my dear friend!
My friend, please watch my howling whip!

I am the Magnificent Zuvatt!


0:18:54
DOUSAI: Kong... break his ribs!

[Opening Song/3rd verse]
Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!

Since the day when I saw that view of hell
The song that I play, the song that I sing
Is a melody of rage, in the language of hell
Cry out! Cry out, until this is done!

Zu-VATT, I'm on the scene! Zu-VATT, I solve the case!
My friend, my dear friend!
My friend, can you hear my victory song?
I am the Magnificent Zuvatt!


0:20:37
HAYAKAWA: Dousai! Wait!

0:20:44
HAYAKAWA: Zuvatt Attack!

HAYAKAWA: Dousai the Invincible... did you kill a man named Asuka Goro!?

DOUSAI: Never heard of him!

HAYAKAWA: Liar!

DOUSAI: I'm not!

DOUSAI: I swear...

0:21:28
HAYAKAWA: Dousai's killer isn't in this town, either. Then... who did it? Who killed Asuka!?

CARD: This man is guilty of extortion.

0:22:11
TOJO: Hayakawa left this with us.

OKURA: Thank you, sir.

EIJI: Then, that man... he did that to protect me.

WATARU: Mr. Hayakawa! It's me! Come back soon! Don't forget!

HAYAKAWA: A cold wind in a harbor town. Farewell, seagull friends.

[Ending Theme]
There is a road that a man must walk
That road is his to walk alone
When he devotes his life to a burning wish
He seeks what lies beyond the mountains

Through love and truth and suffering
The way of battle is like the fires of hell
And though he does not know what lies beyond...
That road is his to walk alone


NARRATOR: Of all things, a Dakkar commander is running for city office! All who stand aganist them are targeted!

NARRATOR: Next time, on The Magnificent Zuvatt: Propane Explosion of Sorrow! We hope you enjoy it!

NARRATOR: Zuvatt does a lot of dangerous things, so please don't try them at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment