Friday, September 9, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 8

Time again for some more Da Garn!

I've always enjoyed Redlone as a villain, but somehow, going through the series this time, he's even more hilarious to me. I don't know whether it's being able to understand his lines more naturally after all these years so I can better appreciate Sawaki Ikuya's deadpan delivery, or just a product of my sense of humor changing as I get older; either way, I really enjoy his dialogue in these episodes.

Check it out below the cut!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 5th grade at Midorigahama Elementary! I'm the commander of the eight Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! I only just got the gang back together, though. They were scattered all around the world in the form of Brave Stones, and I had to go all over looking for them! It was such a pain in the neck!

SEIJI: But while I was doing that, the enemy built a huge base on a southern island to conduct some kind of experiment! I flew down there and took on their leader, Redlone! He says he's trying to 'take our planet's life'. I don't know what that's all about, but I'm not gonna let him get away with it!

TITLE: Big Battle in the South Seas

0:02:22
HIKARU: Hey, Seiji! How ya doin'? I'm having a ball out here between the blue sky and blue sea of the South Pacific! I'm sorry you couldn't be here with us! It really sucks to be stuck at home during your spring break!

SEIJI: Yeah, I bet you're real sorry.

HIKARU: Mahika Island is an uninhabited island, so the air is clean and the sea is swimming with fish! Mom, dad and I spend all day swimming. Bet you're jealous, eh?

SEIJI: What're you laughin' about, you old hag.

0:02:58
HIKARU: What's that, an earthquake?

HARUO: Hikaru! Don't panic! Stay calm! STAY CALM!!

HIKARU: What are you talking about? You're the one panicking, dad!

HIKARU: Sorry about that. Speaking of which, ever since we got here there's been a lot of earthquakes, and sometimes the sea changes color. They think a volcano might be about to erupt nearby. But we're just fine for now! So don't worry about us! Anyway, bye-bye!

SEIJI: Man, I wanna go too.

SEIJI: Ah! I CAN go!

SEIJI: This is the life. How many kids my age got their own private jumbo jet?

JUMBO: Are you comfortable back there, Captain?

SEIJI: Just fine. I'm only missing a beautiful stewardess to wait on me hand and foot.

JUMBO: I'm terribly sorry, sir. I should have prepared one.

SEIJI: I'm kidding! It's just a turn of phrase.

0:04:05
SEIJI: Hey. This is Seiji.

DAGARN: Seiji. You're certain about these reports of a disaster in the South Pacific?

SEIJI: Yeah. I heard there's a lot of earthquakes and sometimes the sea changes color. There's gotta be something up!

DAGARN: That evidence does not seem sufficient to...

DAGARN: What is it, Seiji?

SEIJI: Woah! Coral reefs! Hey, let's investigate down there!

JUMBO: Yes, sir.

0:04:35
SEIJI: Wow, it's so beautiful!

JUMBO: I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, sir...

SEIJI: Now there! Fly over that guy!

SEIJI: Man, he's big!

JUMBO: Captain. You wouldn't be using this as a pleasure cruise, by chance?

SEIJI: What're you talkin' about? We're investigating, I told you!

SEIJI: Hey! Is that Mahika Island?

0:05:30
TSUKUSHI: I never expected to see lions and elephants here in the south seas!

HARUO: It's painful to watch. Humans truly are selfish beings, keeping these animals locked up in such tight spaces.

HIKARU: Dad, you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

HARUO: It's also wrong to build such a big hotel on a beautiful island like this! It just brings in tourists who defile the beauty of nature!

HIKARU: Aren't we tourists, too?

HARUO: No, we are here to bask in the bounties of nature! We are nothing like those sheep over there in the--

HARUO: Oh, a lion! I didn't know there was a lion!

TSUKUSHI: Oh my, he's just like a little boy.

HIKARU: He really is.

0:06:20
SEIJI: We made it! We're here!

DAGARN: Seiji, what should we do?

SEIJI: You wait for me here.

JUMBO: Captain, I propose inviting my comrades to continue our investigation.

SEIJI: Sure, whatever! Be nice and thorough!

JUMBO: Yes, sir!

0:06:47
SEIJI: Got it! My name is Seiji Takasugi. They call me the #1 Japanese handsome boy. Let's play together!

GIRL: What a strange boy!

GIRL: Sure, you can join us.

SEIJI: Lucky me!

0:07:10
SHUTTLE: Didn't the Captain say he was going to look around? He doesn't seem to be doing much investigating.

JUMBO: It doesn't look that way to me, either. Da Garn, sir, what do you think?

DAGARN: Seiji is the chosen one. He does not make mistakes.

0:07:36
SCHOLAR: General Redlone. We will make contact with the Planet Energy Reservoir in thirty seconds.

REDLONE: You're certain it's the right place, this time?

SCHOLAR: Yes. If our data is correct, there can be no mistake.

SCHOLAR: Activating this Reservoir will spur violent activity across the planet's surface, producing bountiful Planet Energy for our harvest.

REDLONE: And then we can finally bid farewell to this backwater planet.

SCHOLAR: We are approaching the Reservoir!

REDLONE: Yes! We've done it!

REDLONE: When will we see an effect?

0:08:16
SCHOLAR: Planet Energy Reaction... nil. It appears the data was incorrect and this wasn't a Reservoir.

REDLONE: You fool! Then why did we come all the way to the bottom of this miserable black ocean!?

SOLDIER: Flying objects detected above!

REDLONE: What!?

REDLONE: So they're back...

SCHOLAR: What shall we do, Your Excellency?

REDLONE: I just had an interesting idea. Adjust the angle of the drill. We're going to incite an eruption in the nearby volcano.

0:09:02
JET: What was that!?

SHUTTLE: An underwater volcano just erupted!

DAGARN: What is it, Sabers?

JUMBO: We've just witnessed an underwater volcanic eruption.

0:09:12
JUMBO: What's that thing?

JUMBO: Hey! Jet Saber! Shuttle Saber!

DAGARN: What's wrong? What's happening!?

JET: It's an enemy robot!

JUMBO: Da Garn, find the captain! We can't fight back without his order!

DAGARN: I understand!

HARUO: What's a Japanese police car doing driving around here?

TSUKUSHI: He must be very dedicated to his work!

DAGARN: Seiji! Where are you, Seiji!?

GIRL: You can't hold your breath well, 'handsome boy.'

SEIJI: What was that?! One more time!

0:10:28
JUMBO: What!?

0:10:43
REDLONE: Selene Alpa uses its wings to convert water pressure into energy. It is one of the finest pieces in my collection.

SCHOLAR: If it receives enough pressurized water while holding those robots, the engine will overheat, causing a massive explosion...

REDLONE: ...and blasting them into tiny little pieces.

0:11:08
HIKARU: This is so nice... it's too bad Seiji couldn't be here.

HIKARU: Seiji?

HIKARU: It couldn't be... but it looked like him.

WOMAN: Wow, the tide's really gone out.

MAN: Yeah, wonder what's going on.

HIKARU: The tide's gone out?

0:11:40
HIKARU: It's a tsunami!

HIKARU: Mom! Dad!

TSUKUSHI: Hikaru, this way!

HARUO: We have to get to high ground!

LIFEGUARD: A tsunami is coming! Everyone, get to the top of the mountain!

[Eyecatch]

0:12:15
SEIJI: What a catch! We can fry these up later, huh ladi-- huh?

DAGARN: Seiji. Where have you been?

SEIJI: Check it out, Da Garn! All the fish we can eat!

DAGARN: There's a tsunami. I must get you to safety.

0:12:42
SEIJI: C'mon, it's still so far away! If we get in trouble we can just call the Sabers and beat a retreat!

DAGARN: No, the tsunami is moving faster than it appears. And the Sabers are under attack from one of Redlone's robots.

SEIJI: What? Then... Redlone's behind this tsunami, too?

DAGARN: The Sabers can't make a move without your command. I suggest that you contact them quickly so that we can evacuate these people.

SEIJI: Got it!

SEIJI: Sabers! This is Seiji! Get back to the island, quick!

SABERS: Yes, sir!

JUMBO: He's grabbed Jet Saber, sir!

SEIJI: What!? Da Garn, go help them!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

0:13:41
DAGARN: Change!

SEIJI: Earth Liner! Earth Fighter!

DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

0:14:16
JUMBO: Jumbo Tornado!

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Flasher!

JUMBO: Oh no! He's going to be engulfed in the tsunami!

0:14:42
SHUTTLE: Now!

DAGARN: Leave this to me. You Sabers, hurry to the island!

SABERS: Yes, sir!

DAGARN: I'll deal with you, now!

REDLONE: He's the leader of the robots. Let the small fry go.

SCHOLAR: Your Excellency, I suggest we evacuate soon.

REDLONE: Very well. Surface!

REDLONE: Magnificent. Truly a thrilling spectacle.

SCHOLAR: Your Excellency. Are you sure you want to let the worker robots be destroyed?

REDLONE: By all means; and save the video. It will make a fine addition to my collection.

0:16:10
SEIJI: It's a madhouse down there! Guess I better suit up.

MAN: What's that?

GIRL: They're coming here!

SEIJI: Don't worry, you're all safe! The good guys are here to save you!

SEIJI: Get on this plane! We'll take you out of here!

0:16:58
DAGARN: Did that do it?

SEIJI: Hang in there, Da Garn! Don't worry, we're almost finished!

JET: Captain, you should board, too.

SEIJI: Okay!

HIKARU: Oh, I knew it was you!

TSUKUSHI: Do you know him, Hikaru?

HIKARU: He saved me once before. It's funny how we keep running into each other!

SEIJI: This is bad...

HIKARU: Oh no! They're still trapped in there!

0:17:42
SEIJI: Oh no... they've been left for dead!

SEIJI: I gotta do it... Sabers, take everyone to safety, then save Da Garn!

JET: But what about you, Captain?

SEIJI: I'll get to safety after I save those animals!

SEIJI: Okay...

SEIJI: Come on, get out of here!

SEIJI: Hurry!

0:18:18
HIKARU: I hope that boy is okay...

JUMBO: Change!

JET: Change!

SHUTTLE: Change!

JET: Jet Disposer!

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Flasher!

JUMBO: Jumbo Arrow!

JUMBO: It's no use! Our weapons aren't strong enough!

DAGARN: Enough! There's no reason for you to get dragged into this!

SEIJI: Hurry! Don't get swept into the tsunami!

SEIJI: This is crazy! Don't you have any way to get stronger!?

JUMBO: We do, sir! We can get stronger!

SEIJI: R-Really?

SHUTTLE: Yes, sir! We Sabers can combine and become Sky Saber! It increases our power dramatically!

SEIJI: Then why didn't you do that earlier!?

SEIJI: Combine, Sabers!

SABERS: Roger!

SKY: Combine! Sky Saber!

0:19:49
SEIJI: Oh, wow!

SKY: Saber Boomerang!

SEIJI: Da Garn!

SKY: Are you alright, sir?

DAGARN: Yes!

SEIJI: Alright!

SKY: Captain! Look out!

0:20:15
SEIJI: Oh, crap! I forgot to get myself to safety!

SKY: Captain!

DAGARN: Oh no!

REDLONE: How dare you foil my plans again! I offered you a beautiful end at the hands of Selene Alpa!

DAGARN: Sky Saber, I'll take care of this. You save Seiji!

SKY: Yes, sir!

REDLONE: I don't think so!

DAGARN: You stay out of this!

0:20:53
SKY: Captain!

SEIJI: That was a close one...

HIKARU: Wow...

HARUO: Just who is that friend of yours?

HIKARU: That's what I'd like to know...

DAGARN: Da Garn Blade!

0:21:35
REDLONE: Return fire!

SCHOLAR: Course of action unadvisable!

REDLONE: Silence!

0:22:03
PEOPLE: Thank you! You saved us!

SEIJI: We really did it!

JET: Jumbo Saber. How is the Captain doing?

JUMBO: He's sleeping peacefully. He must be exhausted.

DAGARN: He's had a very long day. Let's let him sleep until we reach Japan.

JET: Run your engines low. We don't want to wake our Captain.

ALL: Roger that!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


0:23:42
SEIJI: A paradise of greenery, pure water and clear skies... oh, my sweet hometown! Mr. Nemoto's returning to his home in the country. Of course, a city boy like me cares nothing for such mundane pleasures... huh? You said there's cute girls there? Take me with you, please!!!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn: 'A Gift From Redlone!' I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment