Sunday, September 11, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 17

This episode is really the first solid evidence as to why a chipper song called "Hallelujah Papaya" featuring dancing giraffes was perhaps not the best ED theme for a show written by Gobu Fuyunori. It is the first, but it won't be the last.

Script below the cut.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the eight Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They've been scattered all around the world since ancient times, sleeping in the form of Brave Stones. But then they rose up to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: As it turns out, there's more than one guy after us. I found out all the giant monsters lately have been sent by a guy named Butcho, and there's also a guy named Seven Changer hanging around! We gotta find out where they're hiding, and take 'em all down!

0:02:12
TITLE: The Sabers, Dead?!

DOLL: You fool, incompetant, good-for-nothing! Why are you so content to lose to Da Garn!?

BUTCHO: Forgive me, my lady! Forgive me, please!

DOLL: You can't find Planet Energy Reservoirs. You can't identify the Pest. And you've even put us in debt to that mercenary vagrant! Do you really enjoy embarrassing me? DO YOU!?

DOLL: ANSWER ME!

RINGMASTER: I promise, I won't rely on Seven Changer again! Please forgive me!

DOLL: You certainly will not!

DOLL: But seeing as we owe him our gratitude, I'll have no choice but to thank him.

DOLL: Hello, Seven Changer. You are well, I trust? Hello! Hello Seven Changer. Do you read me out there?

SEVEN: What is it? If you need something, get to the point.

DOLL: I don't need anything. I just wanted to thank you for the service you provided my underling.

SEVEN: I don't need your thanks. I was only following Ohboss's orders as a professional.

DOLL: Now, now, don't be so cold. This job will be more fun for all of us if we can get along.

SEVEN: Unlike you people, I don't confuse business and pleasure. Don't contact me pointlessly ever again.

DOLL: My, what a boorish little roughneck he is.

RINGMASTER: He sure is!

DOLL: Silence! You must not allow him to upstage you again. Do you understand!?

0:04:19
BUTCHO: Trying to make a fool of me, are you!? Well, if that's the way you want it, I'll take out Da Garn, the Pest, and the Planet Energy Reservoir all at once! Just you wait!

SEIJI: What nice weather! This is the kinda day I'd like to just skip school and take off somewhere.

SEIJI: Sheesh...

SEIJI: Sakurakouji! Can't you pick a less dramatic way to show up?

HOTARU: You mustn't go anywhere today. Something terrible will happen to you and your friends.

SEIJI: What are you talkin' about?

HOTARU: No matter who calls you, you mustn't go anywhere today.

SEIJI: I get it, I get it, just quit lookin' at me like that!

HIKARU: Seiji! Morning! You're up early today!

SEIJI: Hey, Hikaru!

HIKARU: What are you doing here?

SEIJI: Well, Sakurakouji and I were just...

SEIJI: Huh? She's gone...

0:05:55
PINK: What was that sound?

HIKARU: You brought a game system to school, didn't you?

SEIJI: Of course not!

MORISAWA: What's wrong, Takasugi? What's all the ruckus?

SEIJI: Umm... my stomach hurts! Can I go to the health room?

MORISAWA: Sure. Kosaka, you go with him.

HIKARU: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: It's okay, I can go myself!

HOTARU: No!

KIDS: What was that? What's up with her?

SEIJI: Anyway, I'll just be going.

GIRL: What's wrong with Sakurakouji?

GIRL: I think this is the first time I've heard her speak.

0:06:45
SEIJI: What are you doing? Are you tryin' to get me in trouble?

DAGARN: Shuttle Saber has sighted what appear to be enemy robots in South America.

SEIJI: In South America?

DAGARN: We'd like the order to follow them.

SEIJI: Nice timing! I was just thinking I'd like to go traveling today.

HOTARU: No! You mustn't go anywhere today.

SEIJI: She couldn't be serious.

DAGARN: What is it, Seiji?

SEIJI: Nothing! Come here and get me right away!

0:07:27
JUMBO: This is the image Shuttle Saber took on his patrol.

SEIJI: What're they up to?

JUMBO: We have no way of knowing at this time, but they have been sighted in four locations.

SEIJI: Hmm. I don't really know what's going on. But... full speed ahead to the Amazon!

0:08:11
COMPUTER: The Planet Energy Reservoir probes are proceeding on schedule. We have also finished preparations for the plan to trap Da Garn.

BUTCHO: We can search for the Reservoirs and use that as bait to snatch Da Garn. Two birds with one stone. It's a genius plan! That lamebrain Seven Changer could never have thought of something like this!

COMPUTER: I question that statement.

BUTCHO: What was that!? Are you insulting my intelligence!?

COMPUTER: Four flying objects approaching! Identified as Da Garn and his allies!

BUTCHO: So, they're here.

DAGARN: Change! Da Garn!

0:09:05
SEIJI: Guess I can't pick up a souvenir for Pink in a place like this.

BUTCHO: That idiot. You'll be begging for mercy soon enough.

COMPUTER: Initiating Operation: Capture Da Garn!

BUTCHO: Beautiful.

0:09:36
DAGARN: Why are they digging holes here? Drilling for oil or something?

JUMBO: What do we do?

SEIJI: Get in closer to investigate.

JUMBO: Yes, sir.

SEIJI: What's this stuff!?

JUMBO: Captain!

JUMBO: Oh no! It's a trap!

SEIJI: Careful, everyone! The enemy's set up a trap for us!

DAGARN: What!?

DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

SEIJI: Jumbo Saber... do something, please...

JUMBO: One moment, sir! I'm coming to save you!

JUMBO: Watch out! Jumbo Arrow!

SEIJI: Jumbo Saber!

JUMBO: No good... but at least... at least I can save you, Captain! Come on! Grab ahold, sir! Save yourself!

SEIJI: What about you!?

JUMBO: The rope won't hold my weight! Captain, please, go off without me!

SEIJI: What are you talking about!? I order you to come with me!

JUMBO: Forgive me, sir... I cannot follow that order.

0:11:21
JET: Jet Disposer!

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Blast!

SEIJI: Da Garn, help us! Jumbo Saber is sinking!

DAGARN: What!?

SEIJI: Hurry!

DAGARN: Seiji! Jumbo Saber!

DAGARN: Jumbo Saber!

SEIJI: Jumbo Saber!

[Eyecatch]

0:12:17
BUTCHO: In the end, I was only able to recover this one.

COMPUTER: Lord Butcho. All of our probes were destroyed by the enemy robots before we could locate a Planet Energy Reservoir.

BUTCHO: Shut your yap! We still achieved something. Hey, scrap heap!

BUTCHO: I'll make you a deal. Tell me Da Garn's weak point and the Pest's identity, and I might show you some mercy.

JUMBO: Do you really think I'd betray my allies?

BUTCHO: Then we'll do this the hard way!

COMPUTER: Lord Butcho! The robots are regrouping on the surface!

BUTCHO: Good! Time for the second stage of our plan.

0:13:25
SEIJI: Landers! Jumbo Saber's been captured by the enemy!

BIG: What!?

SEIJI: Just get here as fast as possible!

LANDERS: Yes sir!

SEIJI: Jumbo Saber!

DAGARN: How dare you...

BUTCHO: Don't touch it! If you try anything funny... I'll do this!

SEIJI: That's dirty!

BUTCHO: Don't do anything to get your buddy ripped in half, now!

BUTCHO: Good boys. Now, I'll show you how it feels to be on the losing side!

SEIJI: Landers... please, hurry!

DRILL: How long until we get there!?

TURBO: Who knows!?

BIG: Just keep going!

LANDERS: Yeah!

JUMBO: Captain... forget about me, just give the attack order!

SEIJI: If I could do that, I'd have done it already!

BUTCHO: That's right! I almost forgot you were there.

BUTCHO: Why don't you show me your true face?

BUTCHO: Oh, you don't want to? Then watch this!

SEIJI: Wait! I'll show you my face!

SHUTTLE: Captain!

JET: Captain! You can't!

SEIJI: I know that, but...

DAGARN: Seiji!

BUTCHO: I'm losing my patience...

SEIJI: Just a minute! What am I supposed to do...

BUTCHO: Just do it already!

SEIJI: Wait! I get it! Please, stop!

SEIJI: Landers! Please, get here quick!

SEIJI: Huh? Rain?

0:15:55
KID: Was Seiji in there?

HIKARU: The nurse says she never saw him.

KID: Where'd that crazy guy get off to?

HIKARU: Sheesh. Every time I turn my back!

HIKARU: Oh, Sakurakouji!

BUTCHO: I can't see!

SEIJI: Now's our chance! Da Garn, attack!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

BUTCHO: No more games! I'm through waiting! I don't need to see your face if I just kill you!

SEIJI: Wait, time out!

JET: Captain!

0:16:55
BUTCHO: Fools. Are you so eager to rush to your doom!? Die!

JET: Captain!

SEIJI: Jet Saber! Shuttle Saber!

DRILL: Boss! Sorry we're late!

SEIJI: Landers!

MACH: Change! Wing Cutter!

LANDERS: Change!

BUTCHO: Not again!

SEIJI: Now's our chance! Da Garn! Time to combine!

0:17:43
DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

SEIJI: Jumbo Saber! Are you okay?

JUMBO: Captain! Forgive me for troubling you. But don't worry... I didn't tell them any of your secrets.

SEIJI: Jumbo Saber...

TURBO: Turbo Launcher!

MACH: Mach Storm!

DRILL: Drill Cannon!

0:18:13
BUTCHO: This is bad! I'll have to withdraw and try again!

DAGARN: You won't get away! Breast Earth Flash!

SEIJI: Hey. You think you can do that to my precious soldiers and get away with it?

BUTCHO: Wait! I'll do anything! I'll give up all my secrets! Just save me, please!

SEIJI: Well now, let me think about that. Hmm...

DAGARN: Look out!

0:19:06
SEIJI: It's him again!

BUTCHO: Seven Changer! If you were going to come, why didn't you do it earlier!?

BUTCHO: Ah, I offended you! I apologize! Just save me, please!

SEVEN: Let me show you how a professional does things.

DAGARN: Breast Earth Flash!

SEVEN: Insufficient!

SEIJI: Landers! Combine!

LANDERS: Combine! Land Bison!

0:20:03
SEIJI: He's so strong...

JUMBO: Captain! Please let us combine, too!

SEIJI: What are you talking about!? You can't fight in your condition!

SHUTTLE: But... at this rate...

JET: We might stand a chance in the air! Please, sir!

JUMBO: Captain!

SEIJI: Just get out as soon as it gets rough!

SABERS: Roger!

SKY: Combine! Sky Saber!

0:21:04
SKY: I'll show you!

SEVEN: I don't think so!

BUTCHO: Save me, please!

0:21:40
SEIJI: Sky Saber!

BISON: Sky Saber! Speak to me! Hey!

BISON: The...

DAGARN: The Brave Stones...

SEIJI: This... this can't be...

HOTARU: Something terrible will happen to your friends.

SEIJI: No...

SEIJI: Sky Saber!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Crap! What am I supposed to do with Sky Saber dead!? Not even Da Garn knows of any way to bring him back! I know! Maybe Hotaru knows something! Wait for me, guys! I'll save you, I promise!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Be Reborn, Brave Fighters'! Your commander... is begging you!

No comments:

Post a Comment