Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 19

Aaaand let's finish the night off with our Daily Dose of Da Garn. In this episode, Seiji's mom proves herself to be the smartest character in the show, and Seiji infringes on some Lucasfilm copyrights. Good thing they're not litigious (towards Japanese TV shows made in the 90s)!

Check out the script. Beneath the cut, as always!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They rose up to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: However! Butcho and Seven Changer set a trap for us, and they hurt Sky Saber real bad! It was looking bad for a while there, but justice won in the end! A mysterious bird led me to a place called the Cave of Light where a new Brave Fighter, Hawk Saber, awoke from his slumber! We got the Sabers back, too! Let's keep up this momentum!

0:02:12
TITLE: Introducing Pegasus Saber

SEIJI: Hey, mom's home.

SEIJI: I'm home! Mom, you're here, right! I'm--

SEIJI: What's wrong? You look a little mad...

SHIMIZU: I don't just look mad. I AM mad. Look at this mess! I can leave you here alone because I trust you! What are you trying to do? And what happened to your desk?

SEIJI: Oh, that...

SHIMIZU: You've started hanging with a bad crowd, haven't you?

SEIJI: That's ridiculous...

SEIJI: Hey, someone's here! Coming!

SHIMIZU: Seiji, wait a minute!

SEIJI: Ringmaster?

RINGMASTER: Whew, that tired me out!

SEIJI: What's that?

RINGMASTER: Isn't it obvious? 's a desk!

SHIMIZU: Who is it?

RINGMASTER: Is this your mama? Nice t' meet you! I'm th' ringmaster of a circus known as th' Mystery Circus!

SHIMIZU: The ringmaster of a circus?

RINGMASTER: Seiji here saved me when I was almost eaten by a monster! I brought him a new desk to thank 'im.

SEIJI: Yeah, he's right!

RINGMASTER: Well, I'll just leave this here, use it at you like. Anyway, I gotta get to work!

SEIJI: Ringmaster!

RINGMASTER: Oh, so busy busy busy!

MISUZU: Is that man a friend of yours?

SEIJI: We hang out sometimes. He's got weird hobbies, but he's not a bad old guy.

MISUZU: You are forbidden from ever seeing him again.

SEIJI: Huh? But why?

MISUZU: It's a mother's instinct. I can tell that man is a bad influence on you.

CAMERAMAN: Miss Misuzu, what about the story?

MISUZU: I'll be there in a minute.

MISUZU: Anyway, listen to your mother. Understand?

SEIJI: See ya!

SEIJI: I don't mind not seeing the Ringmaster anymore... but Pinky's at the circus, too...

0:04:29
HIKARU: What are you up to, Seiji?

SEIJI: Hey, Hikaru. Where ya goin'?

HIKARU: I'm making a delivery to the circus.

SEIJI: To Pinky!?

HIKARU: No, to the Ringmaster!

SEIJI: Aw, shucks.

0:04:47
SIGN: Closed today

0:05:04
DOLL: De Butcho!

DOLL: I do hope you're not slacking off. Have you come up with a plan, yet?

BUTCHO: Oh yes, have a look at this! I've been able to create an Armored Beast of size and power never seen before! I discovered a new genetic activator.

DOLL: A new genetic activator?

BUTCHO: It's this! In just one hour, my lovely Misery will be born, a creature capable of casting those blockheaded robots straight to the abyss!

DOLL: I wonder about that. They've become more powerful since acquiring their new ally. If this plan fails, it might be your head on the block.

DOLL: That means I won't accept any more failures.

DAGARN: Someone's coming?

HIKARU: Why are you coming along?

SEIJI: What's the matter?

RINGMASTER: Hey, how're you guys doing? Oh, Seiji's with y' too?

HIKARU: Hello!

SEIJI: Thanks for the desk, Ringmaster.

RINGMASTER: Don't even mention it, Seiji! That's what friends're for!

HIKARU: Here's your lunch! Thanks for waiting!

RINGMASTER: Thanks! Ah, smells like heaven! Your restaurant makes th' best lunches! Say hello t' your mom and pop for me! Bye!

SEIJI: Hey, can we hang out for a bit?

RINGMASTER: Oh, sorry. I got some urgent business today. Sorry. Feel free t' stop by later!

SEIJI: Meh. I'll have just to hang out with Hikaru, then.

0:06:45
MISUZU: Seiji's life started falling apart around the time that ringmaster person came to town. I'm sure of it.

DIRECTOR: Miss Misuzu, where should we go next?

MISUZU: The circus.

DIRECTOR: The circus?

MISUZU: It's a mother's intuition.

0:07:23
SEIJI: Huh? Oh hey, Sakurakouji.

HIKARU: What's wrong?

SEIJI: What's going on?

HIKARU: Oh, the trees are all dying... what could have done this?

HOTARU: I'm... scared...

SEIJI: When Sakurakouji gets like that... it means another attack's coming, doesn't it?

HIKARU: Ah!

SEIJI: What is it?

HIKARU: I forgot to get paid!

SEIJI: What!?

0:07:57
HIKARU: Mr. Ringmaster! Sorry, but I forgot to give you your bill!

RINGMASTER: No! I refuse t' give an interview!

MISUZU: Why? We just want a statement about the time you were eaten by a monster!

RINGMASTER: I don't want to offend you, but I'm very busy! We're done! Goodbye!

MISUZU: It'll only take a moment! Please, just a few words!

0:08:20
NEMOTO: Hey, it's Seiji's mom! Been a while since I saw you around! You out here on business?

SEIJI: What is that?

HIKARU: Maybe the beginnings of a new routine?

HIKARU: Mr. Ringmaster! Mr...

RINGMASTER: I'm too busy t' give interviews today!

BUTCHO: Can't a man even enjoy a quiet lunch!?

BUTCHO: You saw it!

BUTCHO: Come back here!

SEIJI: Hikaru!

0:08:59
HIKARU: Save me!

BUTCHO: You won't get away now!

SEIJI: It's you!

HIKARU: Th... th... th...

SEIJI: What is it!? Calm down and tell me!

HIKARU: The Ringmaster turned into that!

SEIJI: What did you say!?

BUTCHO: That's right! I am...

RINGMASTER: Th' Ringmaster!

RINGMASTER: But m' true form is...

BUTCHO: The great De Butcho!

MISUZU: Seiji!

SEIJI: Mom!

MISUZU: What is that!?

PINKY: Gross!

DIRECTOR: What a scoop!

BUTCHO: Blast it...

SEIJI: Take this!

0:09:43
SEIJI: Woah... let's get out of here, Hikaru!

BUTCHO: Get back here, you brats!

MISUZU: Aren't you a police officer? Go help them!

NEMOTO: R-Right! Stop right now! Stop, or I'll shoot!

MISUZU: Just fire already!

NEMOTO: Yes ma'am!

COMPUTER: Genetic activator overload! Genetic activator overload! Unable to create intended Armored Beast!

BUTCHO: What!?

HIKARU: What is this!?

NEMOTO: What!?

DIRECTOR: Don't stop! Keep filming!

HIKARU: Oh no!

0:10:32
SEIJI: Da Garn! Save us!

DAGARN: What's going on, Seiji!?

SEIJI: The enemy base was the circus all along! You've gotta save us or we're all gonna die!

DAGARN: Yes, sir! I'll be with you soon! Sabers, assist me!

0:11:06
HIKARU: Oh no!

DAGARN: Change! Da Garn!

DAGARN: What is that!?

SEIJI: The others are stuck in the goo! You've gotta save them!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

HAWK: Da Garn, back us up! We'll go in from above!

DAGARN: I understand!

DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

NEMOTO: We're saved!

JUMBO: Let's join them!

SHUTTLE: Yes sir!

JET: Yes sir!

HIKARU: Save me!

JUMBO: You're safe, now!

DIRECTOR: This story just keeps getting bigger!

DAGARN: Seiji!

0:11:53
HAWK: Are you alright, Commander?

SEIJI: My mom's still in there!

HAWK: What!?

[Eyecatch]

0:12:13
MISUZU: Someone help me!

SEIJI: She's there!

HAWK: Okay!

MISUZU: Help me!

SEIJI: Grab on, hurry!

0:12:30
SEIJI: Okay! Da Garn, Sabers! Time to combine!

DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

SKY: Combine! Sky Saber!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Sky Saber! Take 'em all out!

MISUZU: Thank you so much.

SEIJI: Why are you thanking me, m--

0:13:34
SEIJI: Mmmmy duty is to protect people! No thanks necessary!

HIKARU: It's you again!

SEIJI: Hi!

MISUZU: What about Seiji?

HIKARU: Now that you mention it, he might still be...

MISUZU: What!? But then...

0:13:56
DAGARN: What is this!?

WOMAN: Save us!

MISUZU: Seiji! Seiji, where are you!?

HIKARU: You're the leader of those robots, aren't you? You have to help Seiji!

SEIJI: I don't think that's really...

HIKARU: What are you talking about!? You have to do something!

MISUZU: Unless, you are...

MISUZU: You ARE Seiji, aren't you?

SEIJI: Umm...

MISUZU: You ARE Seiji!

SEIJI: Not at all! Seiji is not my name!

MISUZU: Don't lie.

SEIJI: It is not a lie! My name is... Luke Skywalker!

HAWK: Hawk Darts!

DAGARN: Stop!

HAWK: Why?

DAGARN: Look at that!

HAWK: What the--!?

SKY: Blast. Can we do nothing to stop it!?

0:14:56
SEIJI: I... I have... no mother such as you. Fear not. Your Seiji lives! He shall return to you! I, Luke, ensure it! Farewell! I have much to do!

HIKARU: He seems like he's been through a lot...

MISUZU: That is not Seiji. Seiji's not that strange.

0:15:23
SEIJI: R-R-Run away, everyone!

0:15:47
SEIJI: Sakurakouji?

MAID: My Lady! We must hasten you to safety. The fiends draw near! Come quickly!

SEIJI: Hey, ma'am.

MAID: It is thou!

HOTARU: As long as there is life in the Earth...

SEIJI: Huh?

HOTARU: As long as there is life in the Earth, that monster will not die.

SEIJI: What are you talking about!?

SEIJI: What's wrong? Are you okay!?

MAID: My Lady! Take thy hands from her, base peasant!

SEIJI: Hey, c'mon, that's going too far...

MAID: So thou hast returned, beast of the black!

SEIJI: You idiot! You can't fight it with a weapon like that!

MAID: Insolent man! Call me not a fool!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Save us, please!

0:16:45
SEIJI: Thanks! You've gotta destroy those monsters, quick!

DAGARN: Seiji, they cannot be killed.

DAGARN: The more we attack them, the more they divide and grow.

SEIJI: So you're saying we can't attack them at all?

DAGARN: That's correct.

SEIJI: What do we do?

HOTARU: As long as there is life in the Earth, that monster will not die...

SEIJI: Life in the Earth... so if it doesn't have life to feed on... I know! You've gotta get it off the planet!

BUTCHO: It's not quite the sweet little Misery I had in mind, but it's not bad at all!

COMPUTER: This Armored Beast's growth rate doubles approximately every hour. If it continues at its current rate of division and growth, it will cover the entire Earth within one week.

BUTCHO: So what's the problem? A win is a win.

DOLL: A win is NOT a win! What kind of fool takes pleasure in making a monster he can't control?

BUTCHO: But... my darling Misery is beating the robots...

LADY: Silence. If that thing drains the Earth dry, what will become of our plans?

DOLL: Useless creature! I've no more need for a frog like you! If this plan is a failure, it will be your last. Prepare yourself!

BUTCHO: Lady! Wait a moment! My Lady...

0:18:28
DAGARN: Bring it into space? But how?

SEIJI: Just lift it out!

DAGARN: But it's too big to grab hold of, and there are too many of them.

HAWK: Leave it to us!

SEIJI: Hawk Saber! Sky Saber!

HAWK: Sky Saber and I can combine!

SEIJI: Really? So if you combine, you can get it to work, right!?

SKY: Yes! Just leave it to us, sir!

SEIJI: Okay! Hawk Saber! Sky Saber! Combine!

0:19:13
PEGASUS: Combine! Pegasus Saber!

SEIJI: Alright! That's amazing!

PEGASUS: Foul creatures who defile the Earth! Feel the might of Pegasus Saber's arrow!

DAGARN: Let's go, Pegasus Saber!

PEGASUS: Okay!

DAGARN: This place shall be your graveyard! Earth Graser!

HAWK: Saber Razor!

0:20:26
HAWK: We did it!

DAGARN: No -- the enemy still remains.

0:20:47
SEIJI: Mom!

MISUZU: Seiji! You're alive! Thank goodness! I was so scared, I thought my heart would stop!

SEIJI: Mom, the camera's rolling! Be a pro!

MISUZU: People of Japan, the sight you have just witnessed is not fiction. It is reality. A confrontation has just taken place between the robot group and the mysterious monsters, here in the provincial city of Midorigahama.

MISUZU: Look! The heroic robots have returned!

NEMOTO: What is it!?

HIKARU: It's an earthquake!

PINKY: Someone help me!

0:21:40
MISUZU: What is this new development!?

BUTCHO: This is the last straw!

COMPUTER: Last straw, last straw!

BUTCHO: I am going to murder every last one of them with my own hands!

MISUZU: A massive object is rising up from under the circus tent. Could it be some new alien weapon?

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: What the heck... the Ringmaster was hiding that huge ship here this whole time! And now he's sending monsters all over town... he is gonna pay for this! Huh!? He's kidnapped Hotaru!? Just what is he after! Well once I'm out of this trouble, I'm gonna finish him once and for all!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Butcho's Last Stand'! I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment