Sunday, September 18, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 22

Nothing much to say about this episode... it's probably one of the sillier episodes in the show, but it's still really fun.

Script below the cut!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They awoke from their long slumber to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: We beat this robot-crazy guy named Redlone who said he was here to 'take our planet's life,' and beat this animal freak named Butcho! No one can beat my Brave Fighters! What's even better is that my commander identity is getting super-popular! But now... more robots are showing up!? You gotta be kidding me! How many enemies are we gonna have to fight!? Well don't stay in hiding, get your butts out here!

0:02:12
TITLE: Lost & Found Director!

PINKY: This is heaven! There's no luxury greater than an early morning bath.

VIOLETCHE: You seem very relaxed.

PINKY: Violetche!

VIOLETCHE: Are you well? I hate to interrupt your early morning leisure time.

PINKY: When did you get in here?

VIOLETCHE: I'm afraid that while you were relaxing, I've beaten you to the punch.

PINKY: What!? You're saying you found a Planet Energy Reservoir!?

VIOLETCHE: Yes. I've used the data left behind by Redlone and Butcho to discern its general area.

VIOLETCHE: You realize that if I find a Reservoir immediately after arrival, it will completely discredit you. Lord Ohboss will not be pleased.

PINKY: Lord Ohboss will...

VIOLETCHE: Lady Pinky, why don't we join forces? I don't mind splitting the credit between us, after all.

PINKY: That's a very kind offer. So, what are your conditions?

VIOLETCHE: I just want you to say 'you won.'

PINKY: I refuse.

VIOLETCHE: I see.

0:03:55
SEVEN: You want me to join forces with you?

LADY: Yes. We can split the credit fifty-fifty, on defeating Da Garn or finding a Reservoir.

SEVEN: And eliminating Violetche?

LADY: What a thing to say! Why should I wish harm on Violetche? Why, he's Lord Ohboss's most trusted subordinate.

SEVEN: Give me time to think about it.

LADY: I guess I'll just have to do it myself, then.

PINK: Oh well. Back to looking for information like always!

0:04:45
SEIJI: Oh no! I'm late! Why didn't Hikaru wake me up this morning!?

SEIJI: Crap!

0:05:07
SEIJI: Safe!

SEIJI: Whatcha doin'?

HIKARU: Hey Seiji, look at this! We're all reading the article about the robots' commander! He's really popular!

SEIJI: Wow, is he really that popular?

HIKARU: He's the hottest thing around right now!

PINK: I'm awfully interested in him! It would be so sexy to date that Pest-- I mean, that commander!

SEIJI: Oh, yeah? Really? The hottest thing around, huh?

HIKARU: What are you laughing about? You're so weird, Seiji.

KIDS: Look out! Morisoba's here!

MORISAWA: I'd like to hear who broke the rules by bringing this non-study-related item to school.

0:06:05
HIKARU: Wait a minute... that's...

PINK: That thing belongs to the Pest...

MORISAWA: Okay! Whoever brought this toy in violation of school policy, please raise your hand now!

SEIJI: Thank goodness! Morisoba thinks the Director's just a toy!

PINK: Could the Pest be here in this class?

SEIJI: If he thinks it's just a toy, there's no harm in my raising my hand...

PINK: Come, you vile Pest! Raise your hand!

SEIJI: Time to raise my hand!

HIKARU: Sir! That isn't a toy! It's the device that the robots' commander carries with him!

KID: Now that you mention it...

KID: I wonder if you could control Da Garn with that?

MORISAWA: Quiet! Be quiet, everyone!

HIKARU: Sir, I've seen it before with my own eyes! I'm sure it's his!

MORISAWA: Let's give it a try, then. Come here, Da Garn!

0:07:03
SEIJI: Like he'd really come.

PINK: He just doesn't know how to use it. I think... you have to open it first!

MORISAWA: You see? It's clearly just a toy.

HIKARU: I guess you're right...

MORISAWA: Anyway, I'm holding onto this until the owner comes forward. Understand? Anyway, it's time for arithmetic.

HIKARU: Seiji, I'm sure that's the real thing. I bet only the commander can use it.

SEIJI: This ain't good. I can't come forward if Hikaru thinks it's the real thing. What do I do?

PINK: This is it! Who cares about identifying the Pest! If I can take control of those robots...!

LADY: Now, Da Garn! Cast all who oppose me into the abyss!

DAGARN: As you command, Lady Pinky.

DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

LADY: Your robots are now mine!

MORISAWA: Yamamoto... do you need to go to the nurse?

0:08:40
SEIJI: What's wrong, Pink? You need to talk to Morisoba?

PINK: Oh, well... what about you, Seiji?

SEIJI: Well, kinda...

MORISAWA: What is it, you two? Our lunch break won't last long.

SEIJI: You go first, Yamamoto.

PINK: Oh no! You first, Seiji.

SEIJI: Oh no! Ladies first!

PINK: But I think you should...

SEIJI: Don't hold back on my account!

MORISAWA: What's the matter with you two?

0:09:12
MORISAWA: If you don't need anything, please return to your classroom.

SEIJI: Oh, I just remembered! There was something in the lesson I didn't understand... umm... oh, here, this problem!

PINK: I need to find a way to be alone with the instructor...

0:09:31
WOMAN: I'm Furusawa Ichiro's mother... thank you for teaching my son.

PINK: That's it!

SEIJI: Here! This fourth line here!

0:09:48
SEIJI: So like, right here... what's the proper participle to use when you're trying to conjugate mitochondria!?

MORISAWA: What are you even talking about?

PINKY: Hello there. Thank you for teaching my little sister.

SEIJI: Pinky!

MORISAWA: Well, well. You're Yamamoto's sister, aren't you? What do you need from me?

PINKY: The truth is, I need to speak with you about my sister... is there any way we can be alone?

SEIJI: Pinky is as pretty as ever. But what are they talking about?

MORISAWA: What do you need to discuss with me?

PINKY: Pink is just such a good girl. So pretty and well-mannered and popular with the boys.

MORISAWA: Yes...

0:10:43
PINKY: Mr. Morisawa, won't you have a look at this?

PINKY: Now, show me the thing you found this morning.

PINKY: Hurry, now.

PINKY: Soon, Da Garn will be my slave!

PINKY: Now, give that to me!

0:11:28
SEIJI: Huh? What was I doing, just now?

MORISAWA: Takasugi... Sakurakouji... what are you doing here? I was having an important conversation with Yamamoto Pink's sister... wasn't I?

HOTARU: Return that to its rightful owner.

SEIJI: Hotaru...

[Eyecatch]

0:12:18
SEIJI: After Hotaru made such a big deal about it, I couldn't just say it was mine...

SEIJI: But I gotta get the Director back from Morisoba, ASAP.

PINK: That lousy little party-pooper! I was just about to make Da Garn my slave! Well then, I'll just have to take it by force! And I'll make those impudent little brats suffer for what they did!

0:12:59
SERVANT: My Lady Pinky. You called?

LADY: Send the Killer Doll V-Vuitton to the school.

SERVANT: But we haven't finished waxing it.

LADY: I don't care! Send it here at once!

SERVANT: Prepare Killer Doll V-Vuitton for launch!

0:13:24
KID: Attention! Bow! Take your seats!

MORISAWA: So, where is Yamamoto? Has anyone seen her?

HOTARU: There.

SEIJI: An enemy attack! That's right... I forgot, Morisoba's got the Director!

KID: We gotta get out of here!

MORISAWA: Wait a minute, everyone! Remember our evacuation drills! Form two lines and proceed calmly!

0:14:09
LADY: I'll just pull the device from the pile of corpses.

MORISAWA: Keep calm, everyone!

MORISAWA: Everyone... this way!

MORISAWA: This way!

GIRL: That robot... it must be after our class!

MORISAWA: But why!?

SEIJI: Shoot... if only I had the Director!

LADY: Looks like class is out forever! V-Vuitton!

SEIJI: We're in trouble, Da Garn... you gotta come help us!

PINKY: There it is!

SEIJI: The Director!

PINKY: I'll just be taking this.

SEIJI: Wh-Who are you!?

LADY: Listen well, you little insect. Da Garn, the robot who protected you, is about to become my loyal slave.

LADY: Now come to me, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Idiot. Like he'll really come. Da Garn only listens to MY orde--

SEIJI: No... no way...

LADY: Thank you for coming, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Oh no... is Da Garn really following to the enemy's order's!?

LADY: Now, Da Garn! Let's begin by casting these unsightly little brats into oblivion!

SEIJI: Stop it, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Alright! You had me worried for a minute, there!

LADY: Why!? Da Garn, listen to my orders!

0:16:24
DAGARN: Even if the sun were to set in the east... I would never listen to your orders!

LADY: What!? You impudent fool! Destroy him!

DAGARN: Oh no!

0:16:49
SEIJI: Da Garn!

LADY: That's what you get for rejecting my orders!

LADY: V-Vuitton! Teach him the true meaning of suffering!

0:17:18
KID: Oh no! Da Garn's in trouble!

SEIJI: Crap... He's done for if he doesn't combine into Da Garn X...

SEIJI: But the enemy's got the Director... everyone in class is watching... how am I supposed to give the order to combine!?

0:17:58
KID: Oh no! Da Garn's finished!

SEIJI: Am I gonna have to reveal my secret identity!?

HOTARU: Keep going!

HIKARU: That's right! Don't lose, Da Garn!

SEIJI: That's it! That's how I can give the combine order!

SEIJI: Okay, everyone! Let's all work together to cheer Da Garn on!

SEIJI: All together, then! Keep going, Da Garn! Don't lose, Da Garn! Combine and fight back! Okay!

ALL: Keep going, Da Garn! Don't lose, Da Garn! Combine and fight back!

DAGARN: That's the order I've been waiting for!

PINKY: What happened!?

SEIJI: Next! Earth Formation, Da Garn X!

ALL: Earth Formation, Da Garn X!

DAGARN: Earth Formation! Da Garn X!

0:19:28
HIKARU: But this is strange! How did he combine without the commander here?

SEIJI: It must be...

MORISAWA: It must be a miracle! Da Garn responded to your pure, untainted hearts! Oh, my sweet, innocent children! This is why I dedicate my life to you!

SEIJI: Sure, let's leave it at that.

PINKY: That little Pest! Where's he giving orders from!? Anyway, finish him!

DAGARN: Earth Vulcan!

0:20:15
PINKY: That's enough! This thing is useless!

SEIJI: Okay, Da Garn! Let's finish this!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

DAGARN: Breast Earth Buster!

0:21:08
PINK: Mr. Morisawa!

MORISAWA: Yamamoto, you're safe!

PINK: Oh Mr. Morisawa, I was so scared!

HIKARU: Huh? But where did Seiji get off to?

0:21:37
HIKARU: Here you go!

SEIJI: Hey, don't mind if I do!

HIKARU: But why was that robot after our class?

SEIJI: How should I know?

HIKARU: Welcome!

SEIJI: Pinky!

PINKY: Let's see. One large vegetable curry, one large seaweed salad, three orders of pumpkin soup... and for dessert, five orders each of chocolate coffee and fruit gelatin. And one of your daily dinner specials.

SEIJI: Pinky, you gonna eat all that yourself?

PINKY: I just might. I always get a big appetite after a bad day.

SEIJI: Oh, I see!

HIKARU: I'll get started!

PINKY: And another water, please!

HIKARU: Yes ma'am!

PINKY: Accursed Da Garn! Next time, I'll destroy both you and your Pest!

SEIJI: Pinky is always pretty, even when she's angry.

HIKARU: Dad, we've got a customer! Stop watching baseball and help me out, here! You too, mom!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: This is great! Pinky's working part-time at Hikaru's restaurant! That means I'll get to see her every day! But it looks like trouble's brewing... the Ringmaster's old dolls are smashing up the town! Hey, where am I... it's all dark and cramped and hot!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! Dance of the Spy Dolls! I'm the commander... and I'm in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment