Friday, September 23, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 24

So, while my brain tries to catch up with my body in terms of exhaustion, let's get today's post out of the way.

Violetche may be an evil dickhead, but you can't deny, the dude brings the education. Without question, this is one of the best 'monologuing' supervillain scenes I've ever seen. Why that is, I'll leave for you to see.

(It's beneath the cut, of course.)

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They awoke from their long slumber to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: We beat Butcho and Redlone, who "came to take the planet's life," so I guess me and my Brave Fighters are unbeatable! ... or so I thought, but now more enemies are showing up! Now it's this pink-haired woman in skin-tight latex! She trapped me inside this doll robot and I really thought I was a goner! Now I hear Seven Changer's making trouble in Africa... geez, I never get a minute's rest!

0:02:12
TITLE: A Continent Divided

0:03:07
MORISAWA: Look lively, kids! You can't be tired yet!

KID: My body's about to give out! I didn't sign up for a marathon!

PINK: Oh, I would like a rest, too!

SEIJI: I'm exhausted!

HIKARU: Come on! Be a man! If I can do it, so can you!

SEIJI: Even men get tired, sometimes!

0:03:33
MORISAWA: Hang in there, Sakurakouji!

MORISAWA: What's wrong, Sakurakouji? Are you feeling ill?

0:04:13
MORISAWA: Hey! Are you okay?

HIKARU: Sakurakouji!

BOY: She's not moving!

SEIJI: Stay with us!

0:04:18
SIGN: Health Room

NURSE: Children these days have so little stamina. She needs to eat more protein and put a little weight on.

SEIJI: It's because Morisoba pushed her too hard.

HIKARU: I agree. Sakurakouji's always been delicate.

NURSE: Back to class with you, now.

HOTARU: The Earth... will be ripped to pieces...

HOTARU: The Earth...

SEIJI: The Earth will be ripped to pieces?

MISUZU: Repeating the news from earlier: The entire east half of the African continent has begun experiencing seismic activity on a massive scale.

HIKARU: Seiji, come here. Your mom's on.

SEIJI: Mom? At a time like this?

MISUZU: The power and scale of earthquakes, surface rupturing, and volcanic eruptions in the area have been steadily increasing throughout the day. We go now to special correspondent Tabata who is live at the scene.

HOTARU: Someone... help us...

SEIJI: The Earth will be ripped to pieces...

0:05:23
SEIJI: I gotta hurry!

HIKARU: Hang on! You're on cleaning duty!

SEIJI: Can't stay, gotta go! I ain't got time for cleaning!

HIKARU: Oh please! Where is he going when he runs off like that?

BISON: Hey boss, you really think the enemy's behind this stuff in Africa?

SEIJI: Just trust me! I'm sure I'm right this time! ... at least I hope so. Sakurakouji's predictions tend to be on the money, after all...

SKY: Captain! We're nearing the African continent!

0:05:56
PINKY: Seven Changer! What is going on in Africa!? Tell me plainly!

SEVEN: Violetche has discovered a Planet Energy Reservoir.

PINKY: So why are you just letting it happen!? I thought you were supposed to be helping me!

SEVEN: I don't recall agreeing to that.

PINKY: What?

SEVEN: I have things to do. Goodbye.

PINKY: Seven Changer!

PINKY: I didn't ask for this! Come on! I'm surrounded by idiots!

0:06:35
MAN: It seems to have settled for now.

WOMAN: But what happens a few minutes from now?

MAN: Come on, calm down! The earthquake's over! Calm down, I said!

SEIJI: This is amazing. Wish I'd brought my camcorder!

SKY: Captain, we're nearing the epicenter of the seismic activity.

BISON: Looks like the earthquakes have settled for now.

SEIJI: Okay! Make for land, everyone!

ROBOTS: Yes, sir!

0:07:03
VIOLETCHE: At last, my guests have arrived.

DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

SEIJI: They've gotta have a digging device or a base somewhere around here! Everyone, split up and search for it! If you find it, destroy it immediately, then meet back here as soon as possible! Understand?

ROBOTS: Sir!

SEIJI: Set out immediately! Da Garn, set me down here a minute.

SEIJI: Hang on a sec!

JUMBO: Captain! Where are you going?

SEIJI: Nature calls, nature calls!

JUMBO: Nature calls?

BIG: Hey Da Garn, what does 'Nature calls' mean?

DAGARN: I have never heard the term myself.

SEIJI: I sure wish this thing had a zipper sometimes.

SEIJI: Good boy, good boy! You don't want to eat me, so go on now!

SEIJI: Someone help me!

SEIJI: Help me!

VIOLETCHE: Pitiful. How is it that neither Redlone nor Pinky ever thought of this?

BIG: Where'd the boss go? He's been gone for ages.

DRILL: Nature must've really been calling.

JUMBO: What do we do, Da Garn?

BIG: Well complainin' here ain't gonna fix anything.

DAGARN: Let's execute the commander's orders for now. Sabers from the air, Landers from the ground. Let's find and destroy the enemy base. If you locate the commander, contact the others immediately.

ROBOTS: Okay!

0:09:23
SEIJI: Where am I!? Da Garn, respond! Da Garn!

VIOLETCHE: Give it up. Your transmitter is useless here.

SEIJI: Who's there!? Where are you!?

VIOLETCHE: Now, now. Remote communication is so impersonal. Please, come this way.

VIOLETCHE: No need to be so tense. I won't bite, you know. Please, do come in.

VIOLETCHE: Welcome, welcome.

SEIJI: Who are you!?

VIOLETCHE: My name is Violetche. It's an honor to finally meet you, Da Garn's commander.

SEIJI: Did you see my true face!?

VIOLETCHE: I don't have the slightest interest in your face. Come, now. Don't stand there all day, have a seat.

VIOLETCHE: Do help yourself. I haven't poisoned it, you know.

SEIJI: You think I'm gonna fall for that?

VIOLETCHE: So you're a savage, after all. Just as Redlone's data suggested.

SEIJI: Redlone? I knew it! You're on his side!

VIOLETCHE: What? You didn't even know that?

SEIJI: Then Butcho and the woman who attacked the school are part of your gang, too!?

VIOLETCHE: But of course. I'm astonished. Are you saying you've been muddling through this whole time not knowing ANYTHING?

VIOLETCHE: Well, it hardly matters. I'm not as distractable as Redlone and Butcho; I prefer to be efficient in my work. Now, why don't you just submit and work with me?

SEIJI: Submit to you!?

VIOLETCHE: That's right. Be a good little boy.

SEIJI: You gotta be kidding!

VIOLETCHE: What a fool you are. Soon you'll have no choice, you know.

JUMBO: Captain! Respond, Captain!

BIG: Hey Boss! Where'd you get off to!?

DAGARN: Where did you go, Seiji? We can't move on without your order.

DRILL: This is Drill Lander! I think you guys'd better see this!

DAGARN: What?

0:12:06
[Eyecatch]

BIG: Is this it? The enemy base the boss was talkin' about?

JUMBO: Da Garn, do you think our captain might be in there?

DAGARN: Yes, it does seem possible.

SEIJI: See? You're finished now, jerk.

VIOLETCHE: A fine chance to demonstrate the limits of your so-called power.

SEIJI: What!?

BIG: Okay! Let's go, buds!

LANDERS: Right!

0:12:51
SEIJI: Da Garn!

VIOLETCHE: Hmm. They're softer than I thought.

SEIJI: Da Garn! What's wrong! Hang in there!

VIOLETCHE: Well? Now do you feel like giving in and assisting me in my work?

SEIJI: Your work?

SEIJI: What the heck!?

VIOLETCHE: Pitiful. But with such weak subordinates, I suppose it's to be expected.

VIOLETCHE: My job is to go from planet to planet, stealing Planet Energy.

SEIJI: Planet Energy? What's that?

VIOLETCHE: It is raw, undiluted power, found in abundance on all life-bearing planets. You might call it the life force of the planet itself.

SEIJI: Is that the Earth!?

VIOLETCHE: No. Just an insignificant world roughly two million light years from here. It once harbored a great deal of intelligent life. Now, watch carefully...

VIOLETCHE: Every planet of this type possesses a certain number of Planet Energy Reservoirs. Tapping one stimulates Planet Energy activity in the local vicinity. As you can see, tapping all of them at once causes the planet's entire energy payload to burst forth. Our job is then to collect this energy.

VIOLETCHE: The people of this planet refused to work with us, and in the end, they all died. You backwater denizens can be unbelievably slow on the uptake.

SEIJI: How could you do this... it's terrible! It's inhuman! How can you think this is a good thing!?

VIOLETCHE: But it is a good thing! You see, the entirety of this universe belongs to our great Lord Ohboss! Thus, it is his to do with as he wishes.

SEIJI: Ohboss? So this Ohboss guy is your ringleader!?

VIOLETCHE: Yes. He is the strongest, wisest, most beautiful being in the universe! Everything in the universe -- even the smallest hydrogen atom -- exists at the service of Lord Ohboss.

SEIJI: What!?

VIOLETCHE: Now, do you see how fruitless it is for your little ragtag band to try to oppose us?

0:15:27
DAGARN: Earth Cannon!

DAGARN: Now, charge!

TURBO: Turbo Launcher!

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Blast!

SEIJI: Sounds like my guys are fighting back!

VIOLETCHE: It's a bit late for that. I've already located one of this planet's Reservoirs. Now it's just a matter of reaching it.

SEIJI: Where is it!? This P... Planet Energy Reservoir thing!?

VIOLETCHE: It's right here.

SEIJI: There's nothing there!

VIOLETCHE: Goodness, you're thick. It's directly under the place we're standing. You can hear the Planet Energy activator working, can't you?

VIOLETCHE: It's currently boring its way toward a certain underground point. The local seismic activity is a mere side effect of its movement. Look!

VIOLETCHE: The Earth's mantle flows beneath the crust, causing your continents and oceans to drift across long eons. Of course, you knew that, didn't you? It is YOUR planet, after all.

SEIJI: I had no idea...

VIOLETCHE: When our activator strikes the point in question, it will stimulate this process, thus ripping the continent in half.

VIOLETCHE: There's no way you can stop it now. Accept that, surrender, and join me in my work! What's wrong? Too scared to run your mouth anymore?

SEIJI: Yeah, right! I'm sick of sitting back while you spew that crap! The Earth belongs to us, and I'm not gonna let you break it!

VIOLETCHE: 'Us?' And just who is this 'us' it belongs to?

SEIJI: Um... everyone on the Earth!

VIOLETCHE: Only until we take it from them.

SEIJI: I'm not gonna let you!

VIOLETCHE: It appears you're beyond all help. I have no interest in debating with such an obstinate peasant. You can met your end along with this continent.

SEIJI: Wait, Violetche! Violetche! You've gotta stop that drill!

JUMBO: Jumbo Tornado!

BIG: Spike Shoot!

0:18:13
VIOLETCHE: What a shame. I thought they might be of use to me, but there's just no reasoning with that commander of theirs.

SEVEN: So that is the Planet Energy activator...

DRILL: Take that!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Respond, Da Garn!

DRILL: Hey, it's the boss!

DAGARN: What? Seiji!?

DAGARN: Change!

DAGARN: Seiji! Do you read me!?

SEIJI: Da Garn! I know what the enemy's after! They're trying to steal the planet's life!

DAGARN: The planet's life!?

SEIJI: Hurry, please! Africa's gonna be split in two!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

0:19:21
HOTARU: Someone... someone save us, please...

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

HOTARU: Hurry... hurry!

DAGARN: Seiji, are you alright?

SEIJI: Da Garn, you gotta destroy this thing, quick! If you don't, it's gonna unleash all this Planet Energy stuff!

DAGARN: Yes, sir! Drill Lander!

DRILL: I got it! Boss, the device is just below us!

SEIJI: Okay! Go smash it!

DRILL: Gotcha!

SEIJI: Da Garn, hurry!

DAGARN: I will!

SEIJI: It'll be okay... we've gotten out of bad spots before... we'll definitely stop it in time...

DRILL: Found it, Boss!

SEIJI: Good! Destroy it, quick!

SEIJI: Hurry! Sabers, Landers, help him out!

0:21:03
SEIJI: We stopped it...

SEIJI: Check it out! Of course we made it! Take that, you jerk! Yeah! No problem!

SEIJI: No way, it can't be...

DAGARN: Oh no! All units, withdraw!

MAN: Run, hurry!

0:22:07
DAGARN: Seiji... what do we do now?

JUMBO: Orders, Captain!

HAWK: Orders, sir!

SEIJI: Stop asking me! How am I supposed to know what to do!?

VIOLETCHE: That's one down.

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Africa is breaking in half! Da Garn and the others are doing all they can to keep it together, but Ohboss's underlings keep ambushing us! Dang it, that's fightin' dirty! Huh? A lion sleeping in the ice? So the legend was true!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'The Brave Fighter of Kilimanjaro!' I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment