Saturday, September 10, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 15

In this episode of Da Garn, as promised, the plot comes back in a big way. There are developments, there are fights... basically, the arc heats up and it's awesome. Said it before, will say it again, but I love this show's pacing.

Check the script below the cut.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the eight Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They've been scattered all around the world since ancient times, sleeping in the form of Brave Stones. But then they rose up to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: Anyway! We thought the Earth was safe after we defeated the enemy boss Redlone, but it turns out it's not! I go on a picnic and the forest dies, I go on a date and a monster attacks! Why do these things always happen in my neighborhood!?

0:02:12
TITLE: The Secret of the Circus

FARMER: What's this bug? I've never seen it before.

FARMER: What are these things?

FARMER: When did they get here?

0:02:41
MISUZU: The bizarre insect swarms that have been plaguing fields in southeast China have become more and more frequent in recent days.There is concern over the effect it might have on the farming industry.

MISUZU: Some believe that the incidents may be connected to destruction of local environments.

SEIJI: Yes? Takasugi residence.

HIKARU: Are you still eating, Seiji!? Hurry up! The circus is gonna start without us!

SEIJI: I know! At least let me have one meal in peace!

BUTCHO: I know those robots are hiding somewhere in this town.

COMPUTER: As you requested, I have acquired images of local vehicles and machines that appear suspicious.

BUTCHO: Great! Let's pick one.

BUTCHO: One of these must have the ability to turn into that pesky robot...

COMPUTER: What is the basis for this conclusion?

BUTCHO: My superior instinct, of course!

COMPUTER: Then it is no doubt incorrect.

BUTCHO: Don't run your mouth at me! I can throw you out any time I want to!

0:04:20
HIKARU: Hello, it's Hikaru! May we come in?

PINKY: Please do.

SEIJI: Hello!

PINKY: Oh, it's nice to see you.

HIKARU: We thought we'd take you up on your invitation.

PINKY: Make yourselves at home. You're always welcome here.

SEIJI: Umm... here, this is from the both of us...

PINKY: Oh, they're beautiful! Thank you!

SEIJI: And, umm... could I get your autograph!

HIKARU: Come on, you promised you wouldn't bother her!

SEIJI: C'mon, it's just one autograph! Right?

PINKY: Certainly. I don't mind.

SEIJI: Alright! Yeah, yeah, yeah!

HIKARU: Please excuse him. He's always like this.

SEIJI: Hey Pinky! Can I try this thing out?

PINKY: Oh, you want to ride it? If it's not too much for you to handle.

HIKARU: You'd better not, Seiji!

SEIJI: C'mon, I got this! I'm better with my body than my brain!

SEIJI: Check it out, Hikaru, I'm good at this!

HIKARU: Look out, Seiji!

HIKARU: Seiji!

SEIJI: Look out! Clear the way! Look out! Make way!

HIKARU: Seiji!

0:05:45
SEIJI: That hurts... I banged my nose.

RINGMASTER: What're you brats doing back here!?

SEIJI: Sorry, just wondering what this was...

RINGMASTER: Shut that door right now!

HIKARU: Shall we go?

PINKY: I'm sorry. That place is forbidden for anybody but the Ringmaster to enter.

HIKARU: It's not your fault. Seiji's the one who got carried away.

PINKY: But still, he didn't have to yell at you...

HIKARU: I'm sorry we bothered you. We'll come back another time.

PINKY: Oh?

HIKARU: Let's go, Seiji.

SEIJI: Okay. Bye!

0:07:17
RINGMASTER: I came as y' called me.

DOLL: You are late! What were you doing?

RINGMASTER: I just ran into a little trouble, is all.

DOLL: Silence! Haven't you realized?

RINGMASTER: Realized what?

DOLL: You spread these bugs across the planet to discover Planet Energy Reservoirs, didn't you?

RINGMASTER: Oh yes, I spread the eggs! The eggs thrive in places where Planet Energy discharge is high, and they breed! This means that places with large populations of bugs are more likely t' house Planet Energy Reservoirs!

DOLL: So, this image indicates...?

RINGMASTER: That th' location is likely to have a Planet Energy Reservoir!

DOLL: You fool! Can you do nothing right!?

DOLL: The bugs are multiplying so fast that the news is reporting on them... and yet you do nothing! You dolt! Imbecile! Leech! Are you good for nothing but getting fat? You fool!

BUTCHO: Say whatever you like! I'm not just playing around, here! I've just been focusing on learning the robots' identity! If I had known that the bugs were on the move, I would have set out myself! You just wait!

BUTCHO: How dare she... I'll show her what I can do. It's time to deploy! Prepare my darling Diane for use!

COMPUTER: More time is required for full completion.

BUTCHO: You fool! You think I care about that!?

BUTCHO: I'll just have to finish it myself!

0:09:37
COMPUTER: Accelerating production speed is inadvisable. Will cause molecular deterioration!

BUTCHO: Shut up! Don't argue with me! If I say I can do it, I'll do it!

BUTCHO: Look, it's finished! It's so beautiful...

COMPUTER: Rate of completion is only 70%! Too dangerous to deploy at this level! Plan cannot possibly succeed!

BUTCHO: Shut up! If you say one more word, I'm unplugging your power cord!

0:10:20
HIKARU: It's true! We barely glanced inside and he screamed his head off at us!

TSUKUSHI: Oh my, that sounds very troubling.

HARUO: I guess everyone has their bad days.

TSUKUSHI: Here, two seaweed lunch specials! Thank you for waiting.

TSUKUSHI: Oh, I do love seaweed! It's packed with calcium, iodine, beta-carotene, Vitamin A, and potassium! Just forget your troubles and eat up!

SEIJI: Sure! Let's eat!

HIKARU: Let's do!

0:10:58
HIKARU: What's wrong?

SEIJI: Gotta use the john!

HIKARU: Come on, we're just about to eat! Why couldn't you do that first?

SEIJI: Right, sorry. Anyway, be back soon!

SHUTTLE: This is Shuttle Saber. There's something I would like to show you, Captain.

SEIJI: What is it you want to show me?

SHUTTLE: I'm forwarding the image now.

SEIJI: That's...

SHUTTLE: I saw it while I was on patrol, sir. It appears to be heading for the Chinese land mass.

SEIJI: Got it! I'm on my way. Keep an eye on it for now.

SHUTTLE: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Da Garn, let's head out! There's a monster headed for China.

DAGARN: Seiji, I can't move.

SEIJI: Why not? Is there something wrong?

DAGARN: I can't escape the feeling that I'm being watched.

SEIJI: Okay, hang on! I've got an idea.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:19
SEIJI: Hey there!

NEMOTO: Hey, Seiji! What's up?

SEIJI: Just some lunch for the hard day ahead. You're gonna be here all afternoon, right?

NEMOTO: You're planning something, aren't you?

SEIJI: Oh c'mon, Mr. Nemoto! Is that all you think of me?

NEMOTO: Am I wrong?

SEIJI: You sure are! I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do.

NEMOTO: All my hard work? I see what you mean, Seiji!

NEMOTO: Guess I better get eatin'!

SEIJI: Here it comes! Good luck, guys!

0:13:04
SEIJI: Woah! A traffic violation!

NEMOTO: Wh-What!?

NEMOTO: W-Wait!

SEIJI: Mr. Nemoto, use your patrol car!

NEMOTO: Oh, that's right!

NEMOTO: You won't get away from me! No one breaks traffic laws in my town!

NEMOTO: Attention, unknown jet pilot! Please pull over immediately!

BUTCHO: What!? That patrol car moved? I see! I knew my instinct was right!

COMPUTER: It is currently pursuing a jet operating in violation of traffic laws.

BUTCHO: Traffic laws?

COMPUTER: It is blaring its siren and chasing it down the main thoroughfare.

BUTCHO: You idiot! A jet driving down a street!? If watching that car is going to make you report such stupid things, you can just watch a different machine! You big dolt!

NEMOTO: HEY!! What are you thinking, driving a jet down the middle of the street!?

NEMOTO: Show me your license.

0:14:37
NEMOTO: Hey, wait up!

NEMOTO: My car! My patrol car, no!

SEIJI: Shuttle Saber!

BUTCHO: Do you remember me, my sweet little Carolines? We haven't seen each other since you were eggs...

BUTCHO: I see, I see. There might be a Planet Energy Reservoir below this field, you say?

BUTCHO: You hear that, Diane my dear? It's time to get digging!

SEIJI: There it is! Everyone, transform and destroy it!

SABERS: Roger!

DAGARN: Change! Da Garn!

SHUTTLE: Change! Shuttle Saber!

JUMBO: Jumbo Saber!

JET: Jet Saber! Jet Typhoon!

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Blast!

BUTCHO: My precious Carolines!

BUTCHO: It's that infernal Da Garn again...

BUTCHO: And the Pest is with him!

BUTCHO: What's wrong, Diane my dear? Why won't you do as I say!?

BUTCHO: Wh-What was that!? Why is this happening!?

BUTCHO: I knew this was a mistake!

DAGARN: Da Garn Bomber!

JUMBO: Jumbo Arrow!

DAGARN: This is bad! Jumbo Saber, it seems to be absorbing our attack energy to grow bigger!

SEIJI: It's dividing...

DAGARN: Seiji, give us the order to combine!

SEIJI: Alright! Da Garn! Sabers! Time to combine!

0:18:13
DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

SKY: Combine! Sky Saber!

BUTCHO: It's the Pest!

BUTCHO: I've found you... I've finally found you! You don't know how long I've been waiting to meet you! You've been quite the thorn in my side, you know...

BUTCHO: I wonder what you look like under that mask? Show it to your old friend Butcho!

SKY: What!?

DAGARN: Sky Saber!

BUTCHO: Wait up, Pest!

SEIJI: Catch me if you can! Just who are YOU, anyway!?

BUTCHO: I can hear your voice... you must be a man under there!

SEIJI: Oh my, what a thing to say! You big fat dear.

BUTCHO: I am not fat! I'm Butcho. So you're a woman, eh? Then let me hold you tight!

BUTCHO: A futile act...

SEIJI: Ow, ow...

BUTCHO: Gotcha!

BUTCHO: Curses...

0:20:25
SKY: Da Garn!

DAGARN: It's no good. We can't get close to it, we can't use beam weapons...

SKY: What do we do, Da Garn!?

DAGARN: We only have one option. Sky Saber, back me up!

SKY: Yes, sir!

DAGARN: Energy inversion! Breast Freezing Attack!

SABER: Saber Wing Cutter!

0:21:15
SEIJI: Oh no!

BUTCHO: This is the end for you... I'm going to take off that helmet of yours!

SEIJI: Da Garn, save me!

DAGARN: You'll pay for defiling our planet!

SKY: You will also pay for assaulting our Captain!

BUTCHO: S-Someone, save me!

BUTCHO: Save meeee!

0:22:09
DAGARN: Who are you!?

SEVEN: My name... is Seven Changer!

SEIJI: Seven Changer!?

SEVEN: I'll be taking Butcho now. Nothing personal.

DAGARN: Wait!

SEIJI: A new enemy?

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: What's up with that Butcho guy! He's all green and fat and rubbery! Can you get any creepier than that? I don't like the idea of him snooping around my town. Guess I better mount an investigation of my own. Let's see, who's suspicious around here... I know! The Ringmaster of the circus!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Who do You Suspect?!' I'm the commander... but that's a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment