Thursday, September 8, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 6

Sending off a few more Da Garn scripts before bed time. Not too much to say about this one, but Seiji's casual abuse of his power is amusingly 12, and Gobu doesn't seem to mind resting his plots on incredible coincidence so long as it generates amusing plotlines and gets him through the fetch quest faster. Seriously, seven widgets in four episodes must be some kind of record.

It's all good though, because Redlone's threat at the end of this episode promises severe awesome to come.

Script below the cut!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future

SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 5th grade at Midorigahama Elementary! I've been entrusted with a tough mission: 'Become the commander of the eight Brave Fighters, and fight to save the Earth!' But so far I've only awakened six of them... the last two are still sleeping somewhere as Brave Stones. Geez, those lazy bums!

SEIJI: Right now, we've got our plate full with the enemy showing up all over, even in Antarctica and Australia. Well, I've been lucky finding two of them at once, but who knows how long it'll take to find the last ones? Man! This commander business ain't easy!

TITLE: The Eighth Brave Fighter!

0:02:22
DAGARN: Two Brave Stones remain. We must locate them as quickly as possible.

DAGARN: Seiji, are you getting any readings off the Aurin?

SEIJI: Not a one. Sheesh... I don't think I can take another night of this...

0:02:45
HIKARU: Seiji! Seiji! You have to wake up!

SEIJI: Shaddup... finally getting a good nap in...

MORISAWA: I'm so sorry to disturb you, Seiji.

SEIJI: Well you should be! You should...

SEIJI: WOAH! I'm awake! I'm sound-- I mean, totally awake!

MORISAWA: That's nice. Now wipe off the drool.

0:03:16
SEIJI: Sheesh! That jerk Morisoba. I can't believe he gave us all this homework. Tomorrow's Sunday! How am I supposed to do all this!?

SEIJI: Hey, Da Garn. Could you do some homework for me?

DAGARN: Order unclear. What does 'homework' mean?

SEIJI: Um... you know, solve the problems written here.

DAGARN: Is this homework? Yes, sir.

SEIJI: Alright!

SEIJI: I can be pretty clever when I wanna be! Alright! Take this! Get going! Get outta my way!

0:04:10
SEIJI: You didn't do a single problem.

DAGARN: Seiji, I could not fulfill your order.

SEIJI: Why not? You stupid or somethin'?

DAGARN: I was not equipped with an implement for turning pages.

SEIJI: Then why didn't you contact me!?

DAGARN: I attempted to, but I received no response.

SEIJI: Fine, then! I'll never ask you for another thing!

NEMOTO: HEY! SEIJI!

SEIJI: Oh no!

NEMOTO: Why did you kick my patrol car!?

SEIJI: I'M SORRY!!

SEIJI: I've had enough! No one could do all this homework!

SEIJI: No one appreciates what I go through...

SEIJI: I'm sick of protecting the Earth.

SEIJI: Woah, an F-1 Race! Awesome!

SEIJI: Man, I wish I could see a real F1 race sometime. But England's so far away...

SEIJI: Hey, I know!

SEIJI: I can go anywhere I want to!

SEIJI: Nothin' wrong with changin' it up and ridin' in Earth Liner once in a while!

SEIJI: Um, here's an order from your commander. When we arrive in England, I'll be searching for the Brave Stone on my own, so just stand by for further orders. That's all!

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

SEIJI: I don't give a crap about looking for Brave Stones! I just wanna see an F1 Grand Prix race and blow off some steam!

0:06:32
SCHOLAR: At your request, Redlone sir, I have brought you a selection of Earth machines with superior capabilities.

REDLONE: All clearly inferior machines. But don't let that fool you. I want you to investigate each of them immediately and see if they have the capability to transform.

SCHOLAR: But why, sir?

REDLONE: All of the enemy robots appear to be born from standard Earth machines. Perhaps one of these will be able to transform into a robot, as well. That is what I am investigating.

SCHOLAR: I see. I thought perhaps His Excellency was merely engaging in his hobby again.

SCHOLAR: Executing your order at once! Yes, sir!

REDLONE: What is this vulgar creation?

SCHOLAR: I thought perhaps it had superior capability for tackiness...

REDLONE: Send word to Tracegon down on Earth. Tell him to bring me more beautiful machines!

SCHOLAR: I knew it was for his hobby.

0:08:00
SEIJI: Wow, I'm really in England. I've gotta be the only grade school kid in the world with the guts to try something like this.

SEIJI: What's that?

JULIA: Those bad men are after me! Please, help me!

SEIJI: Fear not, little dear. I'll deal with them.

MAN: Who are you, kid? You'd better not get in our way.

SEIJI: You have until the count of three to remove yourselves from my sight.

MAN: What was that!?

MAN: Just who are you, boy?

SEIJI: I don't give my name to scum like you. Worry not, my dear. These men won't lay a finger on you...

SEIJI: ... huh?

MAN: I don't know who you are, boy, but I think you had better come with us.

SEIJI: Um... I must politely decline.

JULIA: Quickly, get in!

SEIJI: Sure...

MAN: Hey, come back here!

JULIA: Let's go!

MAN: Darn...

DRUNK: Hey, watch where yer goin'!

MAN: You moron!

JULIA: My name's Julia. Thanks for saving me.

SEIJI: I'm Seiji. Hey... could you try to drive a little more carefully?

JULIA: Sorry, I just can't control myself behind the wheel!

SEIJI: I can see that...

SEIJI: Get me outta here!

0:10:07
HENRY: Fools!

MAN: Forgive me, sir.

HENRY: Go out again. You must recover Julia at all costs.

HENRY: When evil comes into the world, the divine power passed through our family line gives off its light to vanquish it.

HENRY: This divine crest is the Henry family heirloom. In order to protect it... no, to protect the divine power it holds, I must have Julia back.

0:10:51
JULIA: I see, so you like F1 too.

SEIJI: You like it, Julia?

JULIA: Of course! It's my dream to become an F1 racer myself.

SEIJI: That's awesome! I'd love to see a beautiful lady racer!

JULIA: To tell you the truth, my home life was becoming unbearable. That's why I ran away from home...

SEIJI: Huh?

JULIA: No one understands how I feel... I was feeling so alone, I just had to get out of there...

JULIA: What's wrong?

SEIJI: I just... kind of know how you feel, I think.

JULIA: You do?

SEIJI: No one really gets what I go through, so they all just make fun of me. I got so mad, I decided I'd come see an F-1 race instead.

JULIA: I see... I guess we're a lot alike.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:20
SEIJI: This is amazing! It's totally different in person!

JULIA: Yeah! The sound of the engines really gets your heart pounding!

0:12:47
SEIJI: Huh? That's your father?

HENRY: Julia. Why must you defy me at every turn? The blood of the noble Henry family runs through your veins.

HENRY: You do not appreciate the importance of the Henry family. We are the designated guardians of the divine power.

SEIJI: Divine power?

JULIA: I don't care about some divine power! I'm sick of hearing about it! All you talk about is that old fairy tale, you never even think about how I feel! Is that old legend more important to you than I am!?

HENRY: Return to the mansion, now.

JULIA: Never!

HENRY: Listen to your father!

JULIA: You are not my father!

0:13:45
SEIJI: What's that?

REDLONE: Oh, so these are the fastest machines on Earth?

SCHOLAR: That is correct.

REDLONE: This will round out my collection -- I mean, my research -- nicely! Tracegon! Transfer that vehicle here!

0:14:22
HENRY: Julia! Find Julia!

MEN: Sir!

SEIJI: Julia...

SEIJI: I'd better deal with that guy, first!

SEIJI: Get out here, Da Garn!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Da Garn, do you see that strange flying thing?

DAGARN: I do.

SEIJI: I have to take care of something. Could you beat him for me?

DAGARN: Did you find a new Brave Stone?

SEIJI: No, it's... more of a personal thing.. Just take care of it, okay?

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

SEIJI: Julia!

0:15:06
DAGARN: Change!

DAGARN: Unwelcome invader, I will stop you!

REDLONE: It's about time. Tracegon, show him your true power!

REDLONE: Tracegon is a perfect chameleon, capable of adjusting his capabilities based on those of surrounding machines! Take him!

SEIJI: Julia!

SEIJI: What's wrong, Da Garn!? You gotta hang in there!

DAGARN: He's too powerful for me!

SEIJI: Okay, then... power up!

0:16:37
DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

REDLONE: Don't back down, Tracegon! Unleash your full power and attack!

SEIJI: It transformed again!

DAGARN: Da Garn Blade!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Look out!

SEIJI: The Director...

JULIA: Are you alright?

HENRY: I'm fine... are you alright?

JULIA: Father...

SEIJI: Julia! Da Garn! Save Julia and her father!

DAGARN: I cannot execute that order at this time...

SEIJI: Oh no...

HENRY: O divine crest, birthright of the Henry family... reveal your power before me now. I don't care what happens to me. Just... just save my daughter, please!

JULIA: Father!

SEIJI: Oh no... this is all my fault. Because I was messing around instead of searching for Brave Stones...

JULIA: Divine power, please save him... please, save my father...

HENRY: Julia...

JULIA: Please... save my father...

SEIJI: Those are Brave Stones!

SEIJI: Ah! The Director!

0:19:31
JULIA: The giants... of legend...

TURBO: My name's Turbo Lander! I got my engines running high!

MACH: My name's Mach Lander! C'mon, boss! Give us an order!

SEIJI: Okay! Take those people to a safe place, then beat the bad guy!

LANDERS: No more of that!

DAGARN: New allies!?

TURBO: Turbo Launcher!

MACH: Wing Cutter!

0:20:22
SEIJI: Alright, yeah! Great job!

REDLONE: Next time, there will be no mistakes. Next time, I will deploy personally.

0:20:50
HENRY: We've lost the Henry family birthright, but I've acquired a far more important treasure.

JULIA: Seiji, If there's one thing I've learned from all of this, it's that we all have our mission in life.

SEIJI: Our mission in life?

JULIA: Yes. Mine is to treasure the bond I have with my only living family. Seiji, I hope you'll find what you were born to do soon.

SEIJI: I've already found it. It's an important mission.

JULIA: Then let's both do our best!

JULIA: A reward for coming on this journey with me. It's given with love, so don't think about thanking me!

SEIJI: I'm honored!

DAGARN: A brilliant strategy as always, Commander. We've completed our quest for the Brave Stones.

SEIJI: Guess so...

SEIJI: But I really learned something today... If I'm gonna lead you guys, I can't take my mission lightly.

DAGARN: That is true, Seiji. I am glad you understand that.

0:22:10
DAGARN: Now that the eight Brave Fighters are assembled, you must further strengthen your resolve. The fate of the world rests on your shoulders.

SEIJI: No matter what happens, I won't complain. I promise. Even if I've got a mountain of homework--

DAGARN: What is it, Seiji?

SEIJI: I forgot... I had all that homework to do.

SEIJI: Da Garn... I'm gonna start complaining again!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you

SEIJI: Dad's home from Australia for the first time in ages! Huh? Practice kendo with you? WRIST! 'Wrispect?' Is that supposed to be a joke? For a defense army bigwig, you're kind of a goofball... well, it's a good thing I'm here to save you if anything goes wrong.

SEIJI: Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Redlone in Action'! I am ever your humble commander!

No comments:

Post a Comment