Friday, September 9, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 10

More Da Garn, because it's fun and easy. I'm not gonna say anything about this one, because it's so awesome it just has to be seen. Everything about it is just fantastic.

Click the cut for YES.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future

SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 5th grade at Midorigahama Elementary! I'm the commander of the eight Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! I only just got the gang back together, though. They were scattered all around the world in the form of Brave Stones, and I had to go all over looking for them! It was such a pain in the neck!

SEIJI: But something AWESOME just happened! I found out the Sabers and Landers can both combine! How come no one ever tells me these things!? Redlone keeps talking about taking our planet's life or some nonsense, and lately it seems like he's looking for something. But whatever he's planning, I'm gonna stop him!

0:02:12
TITLE: The Great Combo Breaker

MAN: We are holding at 1500 meters below sea level. No anomalies found. We will begin scanning for resources shortly.

MAN: What is that?

0:02:45
SEIJI: Back for the first time in ages and you go right for the cleaver... what are you doing?

SHIMIZU: I have to be a mother sometimes, you know. You miss your mother's home cooking, don't you?

SEIJI: Come on, let's just skip it.

SHIMIZU: What? Why? Don't you know that making dinner for her son is a mother's expression of love?

SEIJI: I just don't want you to get hurt...

SEIJI: Hello, Takasugi residence. Just a minute. Hey, mom! You've got a call from the station!

SHIMIZU: I told them I was taking the day off...

SHIMIZU: Yes, it's me. What? Come in today? But I'm... what? Really!? That sounds bad...

SEIJI: What happened?

SHIMIZU: But I told you, I'm...

SHIMIZU: What? They just hung up on me!

SEIJI: What happened?

SHIMIZU: A deep-sea exploration vessel sent a message that it was under attack.

SEIJI: A deep-sea exploration vessel? Where?

SHIMIZU: The Japan Trench, they said. They can cover the story without me, though.

SEIJI: What're you talking about!? You've got work! You should go!

SHIMIZU: But I wanted to have a nice mother-son talk today. It's like we never talk anymore. Are you getting your schoolwork done without me?

SEIJI: Who cares about that right now! Come on, let's get you changed!

SEIJI: C'mon, get in the car, quick!

MISUZU: Are you trying to get me out of the house?

SEIJI: It just sounds like the station really needs you.

MISUZU: You're acting strange. Is there something you're hiding?

SEIJI: Not at all! Just get going!

SEIJI: Good luck!

0:04:50
SEIJI: Da Gar-- huh?

SEIJI: Da Garn! Where are you?

DAGARN: I'm out on police business with Officer Nemoto.

SEIJI: I heard that a deep sea exploration vessel got attacked! I'm a little worried!

DAGARN: What are you worried about?

SEIJI: Well, the bad guys have been digging a lot of big holes lately, right? It's kinda like they're studying the Earth.

DAGARN: That is true. Perhaps you should have the Landers investigate.

SEIJI: Great idea! Let's do it!

SEIJI: Landers!

BIG: What is it? Spit it out already!

DRILL: Whatever it is, we got this!

MACH: We'll find that deep sea exploration thing!

TURBO: Even underwater, we're at full throttle!

MACH: Change!

0:05:50
MISUZU: He's definitely acting strangely. I just know he's hiding something.

MISUZU: What if he's started hanging out with the wrong crowd? Oh, I just know that's it... and what if it leads to domestic violence?

SEIJI: Dammit! Dammit! Take that and that and that!

MISUZU: I can't let it go on! I really need to take the day off...

PEOPLE: C'mon! Just go!

MISUZU: Be quiet!

MISUZU: What's that? I'd better get to the station...

SEIJI: Oh no. Da Garn, get over here!

DAGARN: Yes, sir. I'll make haste!

NEMOTO: Oh no! It's gone again! Is that car thief stalking me!?

SEIJI: Shuttle Saber, we need you here!

0:07:24
JET: This is Jet Saber. I just sighted some flying machines here in the Alps.

SEIJI: What? They're there, too?

JET: Your orders, Captain?

JUMBO: This is Jumbo Saber. I've sighted the enemy above the Amazon Jungle. I'm moving in pursuit!

SEIJI: They're there too!?

DAGARN: They must be planning something.

SEIJI: Yeah. I wonder if it's got something to do with what's going on in the Japan Trench.

JET: Shall we attack them, sir?

SEIJI: No, just stay on their tails! Let's find out what they're planning!

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Saber, over and out!

JET: Jet Saber, over and out!

JUMBO: Jumbo Saber, over and out!

SEIJI: Huh? We're passing over the Japan Trench now. Landers! How's it looking down there?

DRILL: We're currently 7000 meters below sea level.

MACH: Just how far down are we supposed to go, boss?

SEIJI: You still aren't seeing anything?

MACH: Nah, not even anglerfish live this deep.

DRILL: C'mon, you guys can handle a couple thousand meters.

TURBO: You might be used to it, digger boy, but we're not!

BIG: Wait. I see something down there!

0:08:52
MACH: That's one of their machines, alright!

SEIJI: Alright, I knew it. Sabers, what about the guys you're chasing?

SHUTTLE: It appears we're also heading toward the trench.

TURBO: We can take this guy out before the boss and the others get here!

BIG: It's got the submersible, but it seems to be intact.

SEIJI: Okay. Landers, you save the sub! We'll follow the enemies up here!

TURBO: Whadda we do about the enemy here?

SEIJI: Smash it, of course!

MACH: Alright, let's roll!

BIG: Wait a minute, we need a plan first. We gotta make sure we don't break the sub.

SEIJI: But what's the connection between the two incidents?

0:09:51
REDLONE: Their weak point is the scant few seconds it takes them to combine.

SCHOLAR: Are you still watching that footage, sir? You've seen it so many times before.

REDLONE: Silence! I want to make sure this plan goes perfectly!

REDLONE: But I give you credit for finding their weak point. I'll treat you to the highest-grade energy next time.

SCHOLAR: Yes sir! I receive it most gratefully.

REDLONE: Now, you'll get them all in one place, won't you?

SCHOLAR: The machines we sent to lure them are bringing them together now.

REDLONE: Very well! Let the plan commence, so that we may destroy those unsightly robots once and for all!

SOLDIER: Report! We've discovered a Planet Energy Reservoir! Your Excellency! We've found a Reservoir!

REDLONE: Silence! I am in the midst of preparing for battle! I don't want to hear about it!

SCHOLAR: Yes, Redlone, sir!

REDLONE: At last, I'll send those bits of junk to the scrap heap where they belong.

0:11:19
SEIJI: It's them! Da Garn, Shuttle Saber, transform!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

DAGARN: Change!

SEIJI: Take 'em out!

DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

REDLONE: At last, they're all assembled.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:12
SHUTTLE: Shuttle Flasher!

JET: What's with these guys? They're all small fry.

JUMBO: What are they thinking?

DAGARN: Look at that...

SEIJI: Woah, it's huge...

SEIJI: Okay! Da Garn, Sabers, combine!

SABERS: Roger!

DAGARN: It's no good... we can't combine!

SEIJI: It's not possible!

JET: They're tracking our formations!

REDLONE: Amazing, isn't it? You require three Earth seconds to finish those unsightly combinations of yours! I've developed a radar to calculate that very moment!

SCHOLAR: I am the one that developed the radar.

REDLONE: Gentlemen! It's time to destroy them, once and for all!

SOLDIERS: Yes! General Redlone!

SCHOLAR: But I thought there were eight of them...

REDLONE: I'm aware of that.

REDLONE: I'll take my time beating on this group and rest should come flying to save them. Then, I can vanquish them all in one fell swoop!

JET: Captain! What do you advise?

SEIJI: I don't know... for now, just fight back!

JUMBO: What the--

DAGARN: Oh no!

DAGARN: Are you okay?

JUMBO: Yes. They're small, but they pack a punch.

JUMBO: Da Garn!

DAGARN: We can't beat them like this!

SHUTTLE: They're blocking our retreat, as well!

SEIJI: Damn... we can't combine, we can't run...

SEIJI: Landers! How are things in the Japan Trench?

BIG: Now!

BIG: Boss! We just finished up!

TURBO: Got the sub safe, too!

SEIJI: We need you here, quick! It's not going well!

BIG: Gotcha! We're on our way!

SHUTTLE: Jet Saber!

DAGARN: Jet Saber! Shuttle Saber!

REDLONE: Gentlemen! Our victory is at hand! Those unsightly robots are on their last legs! With them gone, the Earth will at last be at my mercy!

SOLDIERS: General Redlone! Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

SEIJI: Landers! Where are you!?

BIG: Almost there! Just hang in there, boss!

SEIJI: Please hurry. We can't hold out much longer!

SEIJI: Hey, wait. Landers! Could you combine before you get here?

BIG: Here? Why?

SEIJI: Just do it!

BIG: Got it! Time to combine!

BISON: Land Bison!

SCHOLAR: Your Excellency, their allies have arrived.

REDLONE: It's about time. Very well, destroy them all!

REDLONE: What!?

SCHOLAR: It seems they have already combined.

REDLONE: No matter! Hit them with the heavy cannons!

0:18:05
DAGARN: Careful, Land Bison! The enemy's got you in its sights!

BISON: What!?

REDLONE: You fool! How could you miss!?

DAGARN: We need you to destroy its special radar. That's the reason we can't combine.

BISON: Got it!

BISON: Is that it?

BISON: Land Cannon!

REDLONE: Oh no!

SEIJI: Alright! Now's our chance!

DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

SKY: Combine! Sky Saber!

DAGARN: Breast Earth Flash!

SKY: Saber Breaker!

REDLONE: How... how could my plan have failed?

SCHOLAR: Excellency. Our ship is not designed to fight in atmosphere. We can not win here!

REDLONE: Then launch immediately! Take us back into space!

SKY: He's getting away!

DAGARN: What do we do, Seiji!?

SEIJI: Go after him! We'll make him pay for what he did!

SKY: Let's go!

SCHOLAR: They're following us.

REDLONE: They can't beat me in a space battle. Return fire!

DAGARN: Don't back down! Formation attack!

SKY: Yes, sir!

BISON: Ready when you are!

REDLONE: What's that!?

SOLDIERS: General Redlone! Banzai! Banzai!

SCHOLAR: Your Excellency, we must withdraw.

REDLONE: But if I go back empty-handed, I...

SCHOLAR: If you take back the data we acquired about Earth's Energy Reservoirs, you will surely be forgive. BZZT!

0:21:15
SEIJI: Ya-hoo! We got 'em!

SEIJI: We destroyed the enemy battleship! That means the Earth is safe, right?

DAGARN: We can't be sure yet. I detected one life form escaping.

SEIJI: You worry too much. Who cares about one survivor? He won't be back!

DAGARN: I certainly hope not.

REDLONE: I can't go back like this... my only hope is to flee to the end of the universe...

REDLONE: Oh no...

REDLONE: Please forgive me!!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you

SEIJI: We beat Redlone and the world is safe again! As if that wasn't enough, now a totally cute girl is transferring into my class! Plus, she wants me to come see the circus with her! Uh-oh, a tree is busting up the town! Whaddya mean, it's not from this planet!?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Attack of the Space Plant'! I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment