Saturday, September 10, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 13

Let's get started on today's kekeke Da Garn rush.

No notes about this one. It's about as close to "filler" as Da Garn ever comes... which, really, isn't very fillery at all. I like seeing Land Bison get to play to his strengths, and the gradual bonding between Seiji and Hotaru.

It's also fun to hear Matsumoto Rica singing, long before singing was her thing. Even playing a goofy 12-year-old boy singing karaoke on a bus, she just can't bring herself to suck!

Script is below, as always.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future

SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the eight Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They've been scattered all around the world since ancient times, sleeping in the form of Brave Stones. But then they rose up to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: Their miracle power made short work of the enemy boss, Redlone! But just when I thought the Earth was safe, suddenly this huge monster appeared! Plus, we've got cherry trees withering overnight, and these weird animals attacking people... this is gettin' a little dangerous!

0:02:12
TITLE: Hotaru in the Forest

BUTCHO: Very nice. This will make a fine Armored Beast.

0:02:55
COMPUTER: Energy insufficient to complete Armored Beast synthesis. Please refill Planet Energy. Repeat: Please refill Planet Energy.

BUTCHO: Just when it was getting good. Curse you!

0:03:17
SEIJI: Hurry up and finish, Hikaru! We're gonna be late!

HIKARU: Hold your horses! I'm making art, here!

TSUKUSHI: You're such a fine cook, Seiji. I'm proud of you.

SEIJI: Aw, it's nothing. I'm used to it.

HARUO: You've chosen an excellent combination of meat and vegetables! I can tell you really think about your cooking!

SEIJI: Yeah, yeah. I get it!

MISUZU: Good morning, everyone. I am Sakamoto Misuzu, and this is Morning Scoop. With more and more forests around the world experiencing sudden, unexplained ecosystem collapse, Global Defense Organization Headquarters has decided to form a committee to investigate the cause of the incidents.

HARUO: The cause is obviously humanity's disregard for the environment. It's a deplorable state of affairs.

TSUKUSHI: It really is.

HARUO: The damage we do to nature can't be easily undone! We know that, yet we continue to destroy our own forests and dump toxins into our oceans and rivers! We're tying the rope around our own necks! Humans are truly despicable creatures.

TSUKUSHI: Oh, look! I peeled the whole thing in one piece!

0:04:33
HIKARU: I hope the mountain we're going to won't be brown all over like that...

SEIJI: Instead of worrying about that, you'd better finish your lunch and get going!

HIKARU: But I'm making lunch for you too, Seiji!

SEIJI: If I wait for you, who knows how long I'll be stuck here?

SEIJI: I'm off!

HIKARU: Wait up, Seiji!

SEIJI: Hey, Da Garn! How ya doin' this fine morning?

DAGARN: You appear to be in a good day today.

SEIJI: That's 'cause today's our class picnic!

DAGARN: Picnic? What is a picnic?

SEIJI: It's the biggest event in a grade schooler's life!

SEIJI: See ya later!

HIKARU: Seiji, I said wait up!

[Song]
Toda-ay is
Our class picnic
All to-gether
Our class picnic
So let's all join hands
And march out together!

KID: Go, Seiji, go! You're the Casanova of the classroom!

KID: Nice job, Yamamoto!

KID: I wish she'd sing with me!

GIRL: Yamamoto's gotten very popular, hasn't she?

GIRL: The boys are just hanging off her constantly.

KID: Great job!

0:06:03
SEIJI: Peace, peace! Yay, ya--

SEIJI: So gloomy.

SEIJI: Sakurakouji, when you're at a picnic, it's okay for us kids to get a little rowdy!

HOTARU: I feel a deep sense of foreboding.

SEIJI: Huh?

0:06:32
ALL: Let's eat!

SEIJI: Ta-daaa!

PINK: It looks so good! Did you make it all yourself, Seiji?

SEIJI: I don't like to brag, but I do work hard at my cooking.

HIKARU: Seiji, THIS is your lunch.

SEIJI: What? I told you I didn't want it.

HIKARU: Are you saying you don't want to eat the food I made?

SEIJI: But then who's gonna eat my lunch?

PINK: I'd love to eat your lunch, Seiji.

SEIJI: Really? That's a great idea! Here ya go! Eat up!

PINK: Oh, thank you!

HIKARU: Yamamoto, won't you eat this lunch I made?

PINK: But...

HIKARU: Go on, eat it. Please?

SEIJI: Just what are you trying to do?

HIKARU: Never mind.

KID: Hey Yamamoto, eat my lunch, too!

KID: Shut up! My lunch is way better.

KID: My lunch has crab in it!

PINK: I'm so happy! Thank you!

0:07:38
HIKARU: Sakurakouji... hey, didn't the teacher tell us not to go into the forest because we would get lost?

SEIJI: Oh yeah, think he said somethin' like that.

HIKARU: Seiji, you have to bring Sakurakouji back here.

SEIJI: Why do I gotta do it? You do it.

HIKARU: You run faster than I do. Now stop slacking off and get out there!

SEIJI: Hey, Sakurakouji! Sakurakouji! Hotaru! Answer me if you're there!

SEIJI: I'm calling you, Sakurakouji! Wait up!

SEIJI: Come back!

SEIJI: Hey! Hotaru!

0:08:39
SEIJI: I... guess I'd better go back...

SEIJI: But which is the way back?

0:09:03
SEIJI: This place is no joke...

SEIJI: I'm seriously lost, here.

SEIJI: No good. Guess I better call Da Garn.

0:09:24
SEIJI: Just play dead... just play dead...

SEIJI: Another?

SEIJI: What's going on here?

SEIJI: Some kind of animal gathering or something?

0:10:19
SEIJI: Hotaru!

SEIJI: Uh-oh...

HOTARU: Takasugi?

SEIJI: Uh, hey! What're you all doin' here?

SEIJI: H-Help me!

HOTARU: It's okay. He doesn't mean any harm.

HOTARU: It's okay now.

HOTARU: Takasugi, why did you come here?

SEIJI: That's what I was gonna ask you!

HOTARU: I'm here because... they're all so scared.

SEIJI: The animals are scared?

HOTARU: It's not just the animals. The trees, the grass, the land, the wind... they all tremble in fear of what's to come.

SEIJI: What's that?

SEIJI: Dead leaves?

SEIJI: What's going on here?

SEIJI: There it is!

0:12:00
[Eyecatch]

0:12:33
COMPUTER: Planet Energy absorption at 50%. If we absorb all of this forest's planet energy, we will be able to synthesize the ultimate armored beast.

HOTARU: This way, everyone!

SEIJI: Damn... Da Garn, Landers, this is Seiji!

DAGARN: What is it, Seiji?

SEIJI: A monster's attacking the woods near Midorigahara field! I need you to beat it, ASAP!

DAGARN: Yes, sir. I'll come as quickly as I can!

0:13:20
BIG: The woods near Midorigahara field?

MACH: It's like a trip around the corner with my speed! Eat my dust, punks!

TURBO: Yeah right! Like you're gonna get away with that!

BIG: Stop, you two! This isn't a race!

0:13:41
SEIJI: Enjoy your little rampage while you can! Da Garn and the Landers will be here soon!

SEIJI: Hey, wait for me!

0:14:05
SEIJI: Hey, are you sure this is the way to go?

HOTARU: Yes.

SEIJI: If we get any more lost, we won't be able to get back. I sure hope they know the way.

SEIJI: I get it, I get it! You don't hafta push me!

0:14:32
BUTCHO: You've got guts to think you can stop me with those pea-shooters...

SEIJI: This ain't good...

0:15:07
BUTCHO: Think you can get away from me?

DAGARN: Change! Da Garn!

DAGARN: Your rampage ends here!

HOTARU: Calm down, everyone! We're going to be okay!

DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

BUTCHO: Come on out, everyone.

DAGARN: Blast...

BUTCHO: Squeeze the life out of him, my dear Victoria.

0:16:08
HOTARU: It's okay, everyone. Don't be afraid.

SEIJI: We're in trouble here, Da Garn! Clear them up quick and help us out here!

DAGARN: I'm sorry. The situation has changed for the worse.

SEIJI: You gotta be kidding!

0:34
SEIJI: Sakurakouji! Could you ask them if there's some way out of here? This is their home, after all!

HOTARU: No. They're all too scared.

SEIJI: Geez, what are we gonna do!?

SEIJI: Not bad... way to go! You've the king of the forest, Mr. Bear!

0:17:18
SEIJI: Keep going, everyone! Hotaru!

SEIJI: Look out!

SEIJI: Hotaru! Speak to me! Hey!

SEIJI: Oh no!

SEIJI: Someone, save me!

DRILL: Change!

SEIJI: Drill Lander!

DRILL: Sorry for the wait. Looks like I made just it in time.

MACH: Mach Lander, on the scene!

BIG: Are you okay, boss?

TURBO: Ah crud, I was sure I'd get here first!

SEIJI: This is no time to argue about that! I need you to put out that fire!

LANDERS: Gotcha!

TURBO: Change, Turbo Lander!

BIG: Change, Big Lander!

MACH: Change, Mach Lander!

0:18:26
SEIJI: Take care of her, okay Mr. Bear? I've gotta get in there!

BIG: Boss! We've put out the last of the fire!

SEIJI: Okay! Now go save Da Garn! Combine, Landers!

LANDERS: Okay!

BISON: Combine! Land Bison!

DAGARN: It's incredibly strong!

BUTCHO: When my dear Victoria is full of Planet Energy, she'll beat anyone in strength!

BISON: Hang on one second! You'd better be able to back that up!

BUTCHO: What!?

BISON: Da Garn! Are you okay?

DAGARN: Land Bison! Is Seiji alright?

SEIJI: Yeah! I'm just fine, as you can see!

BUTCHO: So he's back, eh?

BISON: Stay right there!

BUTCHO: Hey, let go of her!

BISON: Boss, now's your chance!

SEIJI: Triple Formation!

0:20:30
DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

BISON: Let's go, Da Garn X!

DAGARN: Da Garn Blade!

BUTCHO: If that's how you wanna play it...

BISON: This ends now!

SEIJI: Alright!

0:21:45
SEIJI: You okay, Hotaru?

HOTARU: How are the animals?

SEIJI: Don't worry, your friends are all just fine!

HOTARU: The forest...

HOTARU: The forest... is coming back to life!

0:22:26
BUTCHO: I won't be able to realize my plans until I eliminate him.

BUTCHO: I've got my eye on you... and I'm going to find out who you are.

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Yahoo! I'm goin' on a date! And the girl is that super-cutey from my class, Yamamoto Pink! She said she wants to stay with me all day, no matter what! Ah, it's so hard being popular... oh no! Another monster! Why do you have to come out on today of all days!?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter Of Legend Da Garn! 'A Heart-Pounding Date with Pink'! Nevertheless, I remain the commander!

No comments:

Post a Comment