Saturday, September 10, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 16

Well, here's our last Da Garn for the day (for reals -- I'm not starting the two-parter). Seven Changer is almost as fun to write for as Redlone. That's about it! I'm tired.

Script beneath the cut!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the eight Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They've been scattered all around the world since ancient times, sleeping in the form of Brave Stones. But then they rose up to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: As it turns out, there's more than one guy after us. I found out all the giant monsters lately have been sent by a guy named Butcho. Plus, this MEGA-strong guy named Seven Changer just showed up, too! We're gonna be in real trouble if we don't take these guys down!

0:02:12
TITLE: Who do You Suspect?!

BUTCHO: What's that!? Ohboss sent you here personally!?

SEVEN: That's right. It appears Lord Ohboss doesn't have much faith in you.

BUTCHO: I can defeat those fools without your help.

SEVEN: If only that were true. It would spare me the work.

BUTCHO: Shut up! I could have made it out of that even without your help! I don't need your help! So just butt out!

SEVEN: If you insist. Why don't we see what you can do?

BUTCHO: You WILL see! I'll finish them off without your help!

BUTCHO: See what I can do, huh!? Lord Ohboss knows I don't need that fool...

COMPUTER: Accepting his aid would make our job easier.

BUTCHO: What was that? Are you doubting me again!? I'll demolish you!

COMPUTER: Sorry.

BUTCHO: Anyway, we know that they're hidden in this town. Let's run another investigation of the locals.

0:03:31
SEIJI: Just what was up with that robot that saved Butcho? He called himself Seven Changer, I think...

SEIJI: Things sure have been weird lately. This last one was in China, but almost all the monsters have shown up in this town...

MORISAWA: Takasugi.

SEIJI: Does that mean they know about Da Garn?

MORISAWA: Takasugi! Are you listening?

SEIJI: Wha!?

MORISAWA: 'Wah'? Are you a baby, now?

SEIJI: Yes sir!?

MORISAWA: Read page 23.

SEIJI: Plants undergo photosynthesis, which--

HIKARU: Seiji, we're in Language Arts now!

0:04:20
HIKARU: You think there's something suspicious about the circus?

SEIJI: Yeah. Those monsters only appeared after the circus came to town.

HIKARU: That's true, now that you mention it...

SEIJI: Even the name is suspicious! The 'Mystery Circus'!?

HIKARU: What are you suggesting? That the Ringmaster and Pinky are somehow involved?

HIKARU: They're regulars at our restaurant. No one who likes all-natural food can be all bad.

SEIJI: I dunno...

HIKARU: Well, I do! Now stop thinking about that and help me clean!

SEIJI: No thanks. I'm not on cleaning duty this week.

HIKARU: Then you're in the way of my cleaning!

SEIJI: Hey, I'm not trash!

HIKARU: Bye-bye!

SEIJI: Later!

0:05:02
GIRL: Oh, wow!

HIKARU: What is it?

GIRL: Look at this book! It's called 'Earth: Its Geology and Features.'

HIKARU: Whose is it?

GIRL: It fell out of Yamamoto's desk.

HIKARU: She must have left it here.

GIRL: Could Yamamoto be reading such a difficult book?

HIKARU: I don't know...

0:05:25
WOMAN: You know how I told you Mrs. Kato is eight years older than she claims? Well, it's really TEN years!

WOMAN: Oh my!

MAN: You skipped work to play pachinko!?

MAN: Technically, it was pachinko slots...

0:05:39
MAN: You idiot! Watch where you're going!

MAN: Shut up! You cut me off!

BUTCHO: Shoot. Not a single lead.

0:05:47
DAGARN: The Sabers are still searching for the robot's whereabouts, but they haven't found anything.

SEIJI: I see.

DAGARN: But you're correct that the monsters are appearing primarily in this area.

SEIJI: I know! It's weird, isn't it?

DAGARN: If you suspect the circus, why don't you investigate them?

SEIJI: I'd like to try. But I'm not sure how to--

NEMOTO: Hey, Seiji! Whatcha doin'?

SEIJI: Oh, I think I dropped 10 yen around here!

NEMOTO: What? Where?

BUTCHO: What, that little brat again? Don't show me that little brat! He's a waste of time!

COMPUTER: As you command, sir.

0:06:30
SEIJI: Don't sweat it, Mr. Nemoto. It's only 10 yen.

NEMOTO: Seiji. There's no such thing as ONLY 10 yen. All money has value! Haven't you ever heard the saying, 'He who scoffs at a penny will cry for a penny'? Anyway, I'll get it back to you.

SEIJI: Oh, that's too much. It's fine! If you find it, you can keep it. I've got somewhere to be.

NEMOTO: Wait, Seiji! C'mon, 10 yen is enough to make a phone call...

SEIJI: I'd like to investigate. The Ringmaster worries me, but I don't like thinking that Pinky's involved.

SEIJI: Huh, they're taking today off?

0:07:27
BUTCHO: What's wrong with these Earthlings? They never stop jabbering on and on and on... it gives me a headache.

BUTCHO: You stand watch. I'm taking a breather.

COMPUTER: Very well.

0:07:48
SEIJI: There's gotta be something implicating around here.

0:08:20
RINGMASTER: What are you doing here!? You saw, didn't ya!?

SEIJI: Y-Y-Yes, I saw!

RINGMASTER: You'll pay for that! You brat!

PINKY: What's wrong?

PINKY: What did you see?

SEIJI: That!

SEIJI: Just what is that animal?

PINKY: Oh, that weird thing? I can't say I know, but it appears to be a very rare creature. Ringmaster?

RINGMASTER: Oh yes, that's m'darling Audrey the Chame-lion! She's a special hybrid I bought from an animal trader!

SEIJI: Audrey the Chame-lion?

RINGMASTER: I'm positive this fool saw my transformation.

SEIJI: I've never heard of a Chame-lion.

RINGMASTER: I bought this creature to train it and put it in m'show!

SEIJI: Well, I can't wait to see it!

PINKY: What's wrong with you two?

RINGMASTER: Well, I've got things t' do!

SEIJI: Pinky, this way!

0:09:30
PINKY: What's going on here?

SEIJI: What kind of person is the Ringmaster, usually?

PINKY: What do you mean?

SEIJI: Is there anything suspicious about him?

PINKY: Suspicious?

SEIJI: Yeah, like he's up to something.

PINKY: Oh, what are you talking about? He's a good man, deep down. He's just got bad taste.

BUTCHO: Get that idiot under surveillence!

COMPUTER: Which idiot?

BUTCHO: The brat we were just talking about!

PINKY: You want me to leave the Mystery Circus?

SEIJI: Yeah! I think that Ringmaster's got more against him than just his taste!

PINKY: More against him than just his taste?

PINKY: That's true! There's also his breath and his fashion sense.

SEIJI: This is no laughing matter! If he's up to something, you could end up in trouble!

PINKY: Why are you so suspicious of him all of a sudden?

SEIJI: All these weird monsters have been appearing in town lately, right? I was thinking maybe...

PINKY: ... they're connected to the circus?

SEIJI: Yeah! That's what my gut's telling me!

PINKY: So, you think I'm involved?

SEIJI: Oh no, I trust you. If I didn't, I wouldn't be telling you this. It's the Ringmaster I'm suspicious of. Plus, he seemed so happy about getting that weird Chame-lion thing...

BUTCHO: I dismissed this brat as a hopeless idiot... could he be the Pest after all?

COMPUTER: That probability is a mere 3%, sir.

BUTCHO: No, there's something strange about him!

COMPUTER: Where are you going?

BUTCHO: I'm gonna search his room!

0:11:11
HIKARU: They said it was in this area, but... could this be it? What an odd building.

PINKY: I think you're over-thinking it.

SEIJI: I sure hope so. Oh, hey Hikaru!

HIKARU: Seiji! Oh, and... Pinky's with you.

PINKY: Is there something you need at my house?

HIKARU: What? This is your house?

PINKY: Yes.

HIKARU: I came here to speak to Yamamoto Pink...

PINKY: Pink is my little sister.

HIKARU: Huh? You're Pink's sister?

PINKY: That's right. Do you need to speak with Pink?

HIKARU: Yeah. She left this at school...

PINKY: Well, since you came all this way, might I offer you some tea?

SEIJI: Wow, I never realized Pink and Pinky were sisters.

HIKARU: Me either.

PINKY: Well, come on in.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:12
PINKY: Come on in.

SEIJI: Thanks!

PINKY: Sit right there, I'll go fetch Pink. Pink! Your friends are here!

SEIJI: Wow, even the room is kinda pink.

PINKY: Pink! Your friends are here!

PINK: My friends?

PINKY: That's right. Hurry up, now.

PINK: Okay!

PINK: Oh, Takasugi and Kosaka!

SEIJI: Hey!

HIKARU: Thanks for having us.

PINK: You're always welcome.

HIKARU: You left this in the classroom.

PINK: Oh, how silly of me! Thank you so much.

HIKARU: I'm impressed! Do you like studying geology?

PINK: Oh, yes! Learning about the Earth is so sexy! I get all hot and bothered just thinking about it!

HIKARU: Uh... really?

0:13:05
RINGMASTER: So this's where th' brat lives, eh?

TSUKUSHI: Oh me, oh my! A burglar!

0:13:29
HARUO: Mr. Nemoto!

TSUKUSHI: Oh? He's not here?

HARUO: Of all the times!

HARUO: Then we have no choice! As caretakers of the Takasugi residence, we must go ourselves!

TSUKUSHI: My love!

HARUO: Yes! Let's go!

0:14:47
NEMOTO: Hey, was someone calling me? I still can't find that 10 yen!

TSUKUSHI: M-Mr. Robber!

HARUO: Come out, wherever you are!

BUTCHO: His room is nothing but useless junk. Hmm? This drawer is locked. There must be something important in here! Something I can use to destroy those robots!

TSUKUSHI: Oh, pardon me.

HARUO: Was someone in there?

TSUKUSHI: Someone I've never seen before.

HARUO: Hey, you burglar!

NEMOTO: What was that?

0:14:27
HARUO: He stole a desk!

NEMOTO: What!?

BUTCHO: Get outta my way!

DAGARN: That man...

NEMOTO: You thief! Come back here and get what's coming to you!

BUTCHO: Catch me if you can!

NEMOTO: He's fast! Then it's time for my patrol car!

0:14:49
PINK: Oh, I never told you Pinky was my sister?

HIKARU: Not at all.

PINK: I'm sorry! I just assumed everyone knew already. Goodness, I'm such a space case!

HIKARU: So, where is she now?

PINK: Pinky? She's probably taking a shower.

SEIJI: Ah? A shower?

PINK: Ah? What was that sound just now?

HIKARU: What happened?

SEIJI: Oh, my stomach! Can I use your bathroom?

PINK: It's at the end of the hall. Are you okay?

SEIJI: I'm fine! Just need to use the bathroom.

HIKARU: He can't be!

SEIJI: That was close. What's that... a shower? Pinky must be in there!

0:15:39
SEIJI: What is it, Da Garn?

DAGARN: Trouble, Seiji! That Butcho character is back.

SEIJI: Huh? Butcho!?

HIKARU: Seiji! I knew you were trying to peep into the bath!

SEIJI: I was not!

HIKARU: Then what were you doing!?

SEIJI: I'm just...

NEMOTO: Wait up! You FATTY!

BUTCHO: Did you call me fat!?

0:16:08
BUTCHO: If you think I'm fat now, wait'll you see this!

NEMOTO: Ah! He got huge!

BUTCHO: Now I'll crush you, stupid policeman!

SEIJI: I told you, you got the wrong idea!

HIKARU: Then what were you doing!?

PINK: What is that!?

SEIJI: What is it?

PINK: Over there!

HIKARU: It's a monster! Seiji?

0:16:43
SEIJI: Da Garn, what are you doing!? Transform and beat that thing!

DAGARN: I can't do it now.

NEMOTO: Everyone, please evacuate calmly!

0:16:58
BUTCHO: Hey! You down there! You said Mrs. Kato was ten years older than she said she was, right!? But you're lying about your ages, too! And you! Stop skipping work to play pachinko slots!

NEMOTO: Oh no!

BUTCHO: Oh hey, there's that idiot policeman!

NEMOTO: Someone help me!

BUTCHO: Run away, run away!

DAGARN: Now's my chance! Change! Da Garn!

BUTCHO: What!?

0:17:49
DAGARN: Those who threaten the peace of Earth must answer to Da Garn!

SEIJI: Nice work, Da Garn!

BUTCHO: Shoot. Fun's over.

SEIJI: That's the Chame-lion! I knew the Ringmaster was behind this!

BUTCHO: Now's my chance!

0:18:24
RINGMASTER: I got his secret documents!

0:18:41
DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

SEIJI: Get him, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Ringmaster! Wait! Stay right there!

RINGMASTER: Oh, Seiji!

SEIJI: You knew that was a monster when you bought it, didn't you!?

RINGMASTER: I didn't! I was tricked by th' animal trader!

SEIJI: Liar! Then why were you running away!?

RINGMASTER: Everyone runs when they're being chased!

DAGARN: What?

SEIJI: Ringmaster!

RINGMASTER: Save me! Save me, please!

SEIJI: Ringmaster!

0:19:32
SEIJI: Da Garn!

SEIJI: He... he ate the Ringmaster!

SEIJI: Time to combine, Da Garn!

0:20:15
DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

BUTCHO: So the stupid Da Garn has combined! However! I now have all your secrets! Huh? What's this!?

BUTCHO: 10 points, 9 points, 0 points, 2 points, 0 points...

BUTCHO: I guess he is just an idiot.

SEIJI: Take out that Chame-lion and avenge the Ringmaster!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

BUTCHO: Take him out, Audrey dear!

BUTCHO: How do you like that!?

0:21:09
BUTCHO: My darling Audrey's beloved horn!

DAGARN: Yes, and now I'll set the pace!

DAGARN: This ends now! Earth Cannon!

SEIJI: We did it!

0:21:53
SEIJI: Ringmaster!

SEIJI: Ringmaster! Hang in there... are you alive?

RINGMASTER: Where 'm I? Oh! Seiji!

SEIJI: I'm so glad you're alive! I was so worried when that monster ate you!

RINGMASTER: Oh yes! I had no idea my Chame-lion would turn out t' be a monster!

SEIJI: I'm sorry I ever doubted you! But I'm glad you got out before you got digested!

RINGMASTER: Oh you're such a good guy!

SEIJI: I'm so glad!

SEIJI: Hey! These are my tests! What are they doing out here!? Stop it! Don't look at them!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: I got another prophecy from Sakurakouji! She said 'you mustn't go anywhere today.' But... enemies have shown up! I can't just sit here and do nothing! Huh? It's a trap by Butcho? Oh no! They'll all be killed!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! The Sabers, Dead!? I'm the commander, here... but I can't say that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment