Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 25

Whoops, that month got away from me a little, didn't it? Well, let's try to finish it off with a bang!

For now we've got a little more Da Garn, capping off the badassness of the Africa mini-arc. The arc upcoming is also encapsulated badass, followed by the next arc, which... well, you see where this is going. If I ticked off a list about everything awesome about the remaining 21 episodes of Da Garn, I'd be here all day, so let's move on to the script, shall we?

(It's below the cut!)

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They awoke from their long slumber to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: Our enemies are after Planet Energy, which is the source of all life on Earth! To get it, they're gonna hit the Earth's five Planet Energy Reservoirs to turn it into a ball of fire! What's more, they just hit one of them! This is bad! Africa's gonna be torn in two!

0:02:12
TITLE: The Brave Fighter of Kilimanjaro

SKY: This is Sky Saber... the damage is greater than we could have imagined. There's no sign of it slowing down...

HAWK: This is Hawk Saber! Commander, the damage is getting worse here, too. The land's split open as far as the eye can see!

BISON: This is nuts. Boss, can't we do something? The land is breaking in half!

0:03:25
MORISAWA: Should we take her to the hospital?

NURSE: Let's wait a little while longer. Did you contact her parents?

MORISAWA: I spoke with her housekeeper. She should be here soon.

SEIJI: It's bad here, too... Africa's gonna get ripped in half at this rate.

HAWK: Isn't there something we can do to stop the explosions?

SEIJI: How am I supposed to know that!? Da Garn, can you think of anything?

DAGARN: I'm still weighing our options.

SEIJI: Got it. Everyone, continue investigating the extent of the damage while Da Garn thinks things over!

ROBOTS: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Da Garn, there are people down there! I think they're traveling somewhere along with those animals!

0:04:25
SEIJI: Hey! Don't worry, I'm not a bad guy! I just wanted to know where you're going. It seemed like the animals were going to the same place.

ELDER: We go to the sacred mountain of Kilimanjaro.

SEIJI: Kilimanjaro? You're going to that mountain?

ELDER: The animals, too, are going to Kilimanjaro.

SEIJI: Why? There are plenty of other places to run.

ELDER: It is because of a legend passed down amongst all the peoples of this land.

SEIJI: A legend?

ELDER: Yes, my mysterious friend. Within the ice atop Kilimanjaro sleeps a great lion. When great danger threatens Africa, he will revive, answering the people's prayers and saving them from harm.

SEIJI: So that's why you're going there?

ELDER: Yes. At this moment, Africa is being turned into an ocean of fire. We need the help of that sleeping lion. The animals, too, instinctively seek out Kilimanjaro with no one to guide them.

SEIJI: Instinctively, huh?

ELDER: Come, no waiting around! We must press onward!

ELDER: Take care, mysterious friend.

SEIJI: Ah! Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Let's get back to our recon!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

0:06:33
VIOLETCHE: I do amaze myself, sometimes. Poor Lady Pinky won't have a leg to stand on after this.

PINKY: Someone's spreading rumors about me! It must be Violetche! Yes... it is him! He found a Planet Energy Reservoir and now he's mocking me behind my back! I can't stand it...

PINKY: How dare he! I'll make him pay for laughing at me!

ROBOT: Lady Pinky! Please forgive me!

PINKY: If this gets back to Lord Ohboss, I'll be a laughingstock...

PINKY: No, I'll be lucky to just be laughed at... if Lord Ohboss turns his anger on me, it could be something much worse...

0:07:39
BISON: It's the same thing no matter where we go!

HAWK: And the divide just keeps growing wider!

DAGARN: In that case, there's only one thing we can do.

SKY: You have a plan, Da Garn?

DAGARN: We'll have to close the divide.

BISON: Close the divide? Is that even possible?

DAGARN: We won't know until we try.

HAWK: But who's going to do it?

DAGARN: I will.

SEIJI: Da Garn?

DAGARN: Seiji, please give me the order.

SEIJI: What? How are you gonna close the divide!?

DAGARN: I will attempt to close it from within.

SEIJI: You gotta be kidding! It's spewing lava down there! What happens if you die down there!?

DAGARN: I am prepared for that eventuality. Seiji, I am a robot born to protect the Earth. The Earth is now in danger. To allow this to continue would be more painful to me than death.

SEIJI: But... we don't even know if it's gonna work! And if it does work, we don't know if you'll make it out alive!

DAGARN: Seiji, whether or not it works, we have no choice but to try! It is for the sake of all life on Earth.

DAGARN: Seiji. Give me the order!

0:09:07
SEIJI: I understand, Da Garn. Do everything in your power to try to save everyone. But... you've got to come back safely! That's an order!

DAGARN: Thank you, Seiji.

SKY: Captain, please allow us to assist Da Garn.

BISON: We can't just sit here while Da Garn puts himself in danger!

HAWK: Don't forget that I'm in this, too.

DAGARN: In that case, you can support me from out here. I'm the only one who needs to enter the divide. If we work together from within and without, we will surely be able to close it!

SEIJI: While you do that, I'm gonna follow those animals! Hawk Saber, will you take me to Kilimanjaro?

HAWK: Yes, sir!

DAGARN: Let's go!

ROBOTS: Yeah!

SEIJI: The legend aside, I trust the animals' instincts... there's gotta be something there!

0:10:20
SEIJI: Da Garn, wait for me! I know I'll have good news for you, soon!

BISON: Da Garn, I'm going to start work here.

DAGARN: Good. Thank you, Land Bison.

BISON: Just leave it to me!

DAGARN: I'll descend from here and attempt to close it from within.

SKY: Good luck, Da Garn. I'll go down further and start my work there.

DAGARN: Understood.

0:11:20
DAGARN: Traction Beam!

DAGARN: Earth... all life on Earth... grant me the power...!

[Eyecatch]

0:12:21
MORISAWA: She seems to have settled.

MAID: Dear doctor, my duty compels me to return my lady to the mansion. May I?

NURSE: By all means.

BISON: More of Ohboss's lackeys!?

BISON: Blast it... oh no! They're after Da Garn and Sky Saber!

0:13:11
SEIJI: There's nothing here! I don't see any lion sleeping in ice!

SEIJI: Sky Saber! What's wrong? What's going on? Is Da Garn okay?

SKY: We're under attack, Captain! Ohboss's underlings have sent robots after us!

SEIJI: Sky Saber! Are you okay!?

0:14:22
SEIJI: Da Garn! Hawk Saber, go save Da Garn!

HAWK: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Land Bison! Are you okay?

BISON: Boss! What's wrong!? Boss!

SEIJI: It's erupting! Kilimanjaro is erupting!

0:14:49
PINKY: This will definitely restore my good name!

HAWK: Take this!

HAWK: Change!

SEIJI: It's no good... Africa's gonna be ripped in half.

SKY: Saber Boomerang!

0:16:23
SEIJI: Is... is there no way to save the Earth!?

SEIJI: The lion... the lion sleeping in ice! So the legend was true!

SEIJI: No way... are you serious? That lion is a Brave Fighter, too?

SEIJI: Awaken, Brave Lion! Arise from your long slumber and fight again! Join your comrades in protecting the Earth! Da Garn and the others need your help! Awaken, Brave Lion!

0:18:12
SEIJI: What are you doing!?

SEIJI: Hey, watch where you're going!

SEIJI: It's just like Da Garn's cockpit!

BISON: Thanks for the save! Take this!

HAWK: A new ally!?

SEIJI: This guy's really strong!

SEIJI: Sky Saber!

0:19:27
SEIJI: Do something! We gotta get rid of them!

GAON: GAOOOOON!

SEIJI: Gaon? I see! Your name is Gaon?

SEIJI: I'm counting on you, Gaon!

DAGARN: Gaon?

SEIJI: That's right, Da Garn! We got a new ally!

PINKY: You have got to be kidding me! How could we lose to that lion in such an unsightly fashion!?

PINKY: Just what is going on here?

0:21:08
SEIJI: That's amazing! The fissure's really closing!

SEIJI: Da Garn! You did it, it's closed! Everything's fine now, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Da Garn? Can't you hear me? Da Garn!

SEIJI: Sky Saber! I can't get through to Da Garn! What's wrong?

SKY: Don't worry. Da Garn is still alive beneath the surface. He's working too hard to respond to you. If he releases his hold, the fissure would immediately open again.

SEIJI: How long does he have to stay down there?

SKY: Until the fissure in Africa is mended.

SEIJI: But how long is that going to take!?

SKY: I have no idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

SEIJI: Wait and see... Da Garn! Hang in there! Da Garn!

0:22:23
VIOLETCHE: They truly are fools if they think they've won here. There are five Reservoirs in total. Once I've learned where they all are, I can tap them any time I want.

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: With Da Garn out of the picture for now, it's up to me and Gaon! First, I gotta search the town for bad guys! Okay! I'm sure the Global Defense Army will be glad to lend a hand! Huh? The town's on lockdown? They're taking Hikaru and Pinky in for questioning... what's going on here!?

SEIJI: Next time on Brave Fighter of Legend, Da Garn! 'City Blockade'! I'm the commander... and this isn't what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment