Saturday, October 22, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 27

Everything about this episode is awesome. That is all.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of Brave Fighters who awoke from their long slumber to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: Our enemies are after Planet Energy, which is the source of all life on Earth! To get it, they're gonna hit the Earth's five Planet Energy Reservoirs to turn it into a ball of fire! What's more, they just hit one of them... Da Garn is working to seal the chasm so that Africa won't get split in two. I tried to talk to the Global Defense Army about the situation, but it seems like it just made things worse!

0:02:12
TITLE: Investigate the Commander!

SEIJI: Gaon! Find Pinky!

GAON: No one is there.

SEIJI: Seriously?

GAON: No dead, either.

SEIJI: That means... the Global Defense army's got her.

SEIJI: Uh-oh...

GOJO: Chieftan, please don't run from us this time. We still have much to ask you.

SEIJI: I understand. I won't run anymore. But I have a condition!

GOJO: What is it?

SEIJI: First, conduct your investigation in a way that doesn't bother the townspeople.

GOJO: Done. Next?

SEIJI: Second, return the woman Pinky, who is in custody at your base.

GOJO: Pinky? You're saying we have her in custody?

SEIJI: Don't you dare -- attempt to deceive me. I'm referring to Magical Pinky, the circus girl you brought in for questioning.

GOJO: Oh, I remember. I had her brought back to headquarters for further questioning.

MAN: Colonel Gojo, that isn't exactly...

SEIJI: If you agree to my conditions, then I will give the Global Defense Army my full cooperation.

GOJO: Very well. But we can't do it immediately. Once we have proof that you will cooperate in good faith, we will fulfill all of your requirements. Can you agree to that?

SEIJI: Yes.

VIOLETCHE: So, the Pest and the GDO military are joining forces. It seems I'll need to keep an eye on this.

HIKARU: You mean it, Seiji? The army's really gonna leave Midorigahama?

SEIJI: Yeah, that's what they told m-- I mean, what I heard! They're definitely gonna leave!

HIKARU: That's great! I can finally enjoy my summer break!

HARUO: It seems the town will finally be quiet again, mama!

TSUKUSHI: Yes! Let's go shopping for vegetables, papa!

PINK: With those army fools out of my hair, I need to focus on accomplishing something. If Lord Ohboss turns his wrath on me...

SEIJI: Yamamoto...

PINK: What's wrong, Seiji? Why do you look so serious? Oh, I know! You're preparing to confess your love to me!

SEIJI: You don't have to pretend, Yamamoto. I know you're worried about your sister, aren't you?

PINK: That's true... I haven't heard from her in so long. I'm so... so worried.

SEIJI: Don't be worried. She'll come back to you!

PINK: Thank you, Seiji!

SEIJI: Aw, don't be like that! I'm blushin', here!

PINK: Idiot. She isn't coming back.

0:05:20
TAKASUGI: Colonel Gojo. Did you trick him into coming here?

GOJO: 'Tricked' is an uglier word than I'd prefer. The Information Bureau is merely taking all measures necessary to secure intelligence.

TAKASUGI: But we haven't brought any of the townspeople here for questioning. And you don't have the authority to withdraw the investigative squadron from Midorigahama.

GOJO: Obviously, the city blockade will remain in place.

TAKASUGI: But you...

GOJO: Colonel Takasugi! Our objective is to acquire all the information he possesses. We will do that by any means necessary! That's how we do things in the Information Bureau, and it's also an order from high command!

GOJO: First, we'll take him to our Australian headquarters. We can use the equipment there to find out what he really is.

TAKASUGI: If you're taking him to Australia, I request permission to accompany you.

GOJO: Do as you like.

0:06:25
SEIJI: Come out, Gaon!

NEMOTO: I can't find it... I searched everywhere and can't find it... where did my patrol car go? There goes a lion... but it's not my patrol car.

SEIJI: At least Midorigahama can breathe easy, now. I didn't think I'd have to go to their Australian headquarters, though. And dad's coming along, too... this ain't gonna be easy.

0:07:13
GOJO: What's on your mind, Colonel Takasugi?

TAKASUGI: I was just thinking of my son back in Japan.

GOJO: Oh?

TAKASUGI: I always tell my son that you shouldn't lie to people.

TAKASUGI: I was wondering what I'd tell him if he saw me now... that's all.

GOJO: Just tell him you're doing your job.

0:07:47
GOJO: Chieftan. May we?

SEIJI: Gaon! They're gonna start doing some tests on you. No matter what happens, stay right here!

GAON: Gaon will follow orders.

GOJO: Good. Let's begin!

GOJO: Now, shall we begin as well?

SEIJI: Huh?

GOJO: Investigating YOU, Chieftan.

MAN: It's no good. The X-rays won't penetrate.

SCIENTIST: Switch over to microwaves.

MAN: Sir!

SEIJI: Another one? What a pain. But I gotta hold out... for the townspeople, and for Pinky.

0:08:38
HIKARU: Seiji was so wrong... the army's not leaving, they're cracking down even harder!

PINK: Huh? I still can't leave the town?

MAN: Not without written permission from the Global Defense Army. Please return to your home for now.

PINK: Violetche!

PINK: He's planning something, isn't he.

0:09:11
VIOLETCHE: So, the Pest is at the Global Defense Army's headquarters, eh?

PINKY: Just where is he going?

SCIENTIST: It's no good, Colonel. The device reflects everything -- X-rays, infrared light, microwaves... everything we send at it!

GOJO: So we can't learn anything?

MAN: Colonel Gojo. I have the results from the investigation on Gaon and the boy.

GOJO: Nothing here, either?

SEIJI: Man, I'm beat. That Gojo guy is one tough nut. I wish I hadn't given him the Director...

SEIJI: Da-- um, Colonel Takasugi!

TAKASUGI: I thought you couldn't breathe in our atmosphere.

SEIJI: Well, actually, it seems okay.

TAKASUGI: There's something that I want you to see. Will you come with me?

SEIJI: Something I need to see?

0:10:31
MAN: Shoo, shoo!

PINKY: Curse that Violetche!

MAN: Shoo, shoo!

MAN: Hey! Wait!

MAN: Hey! Come on, it's just a cat!

MAN: Where do you think you're going, kiddo?

PINK: Come on, you can let one little kid through, right?

MAN: Nope!

PINK: Didn't think so.

0:10:58
MAN: Wait!

0:11:19
SEIJI: This is...

TAKASUGI: We of the Global Defense Army have been recovering these mysterious machines from locations all over the world. I wanted to ask your opinion on what they might be.

SEIJI: I think... they may be devices for locating Planet Energy Reservoirs.

TAKASUGI: Planet Energy? The 'life force' of Earth you mentioned?

SEIJI: One of my allies saw a machine like this before.

SEIJI: Colonel Takasugi... I think there might be data on Planet Energy Reservoirs hidden inside these things. If the enemy gets their hands on them...

GOJO: That's quite enough, Chieftan.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:15
SEIJI: What's going on here?

TAKASUGI: What are you doing, Colonel Gojo!?

GOJO: From now on, you and the Gaon robot will act under the strict supervision of the Global Defense Army.

SEIJI: Supervision!?

TAKASUGI: Colonel Gojo!

GOJO: Now then, Chieftan. Won't you submit to our authority?

SEIJI: Yeah, right. I'll just call Gaon and--

GOJO: You need this to command your robots, don't you?

SEIJI: Oh no!

TAKASUGI: Colonel Gojo, this is too much! We're supposed to be cooperating with this boy--

GOJO: Colonel Takasugi, you know very well that Gaon and this boy fall under my authority, not yours!

TAKASUGI: But...

VIOLETCHE: What a delicate situation this is. But, oh well. I never knew the Global Defense Army were sitting on so many Redlone Eyes... I'll just have to take the lot of them.

GOJO: Chieftan. There's something I should tell you... I'm afraid I've asked them to continue the occupation of Midorigahama.

SEIJI: What a dirty trick!

SEIJI: Is this how the Global Defense Army does things!?

0:13:31
PINKY: Hi!

PINKY: Bye, now!

MAN: Hey, where are you going!? Get back here!

0:13:58
GOJO: What's going on?

MAN: What is it? Give me a visual!

MAN: It's an enemy raid! It looks like an alien robot in the airspace above us!

SEIJI: What!?

GOJO: I thought I told you to hold still.

SEIJI: Don't be an idiot! If I don't stop them, this whole base is history! Give me back my Director!

GOJO: I think our forces can handle one little robot.

0:15:16
MAN: It's not working! The enemy is absorbing our weapons and using them against us!

SEIJI: So give back my Director! We'll all be killed at this rate!

GOJO: You're not giving the orders here. I am!

SEIJI: The hell with it!

GOJO: What are you doing?

SEIJI: I've had enough! Give back my Director!

SEIJI: Dad...

GOJO: Well done, Colonel Takasugi.

TAKASUGI: Colonel Gojo. Give back his device.

GOJO: What!?

TAKASUGI: Calm down and think rationally. With invaders threatening the Earth, this is our time to unite. We must set aside these pointless quarrels and think only of our mission to protect the Earth.

SEIJI: Dad!

GOJO: Hey! What are you doing!? Did you not hear my order!?

TAKASUGI: Stand down, Colonel Gojo.

0:16:59
TAKASUGI: I'm sorry for what happened. Please, protect this base!

SEIJI: Of course! It was nothing-- uh, sir!

SEIJI: Fight, Gaon!

SEIJI: Gaon! Transform!

GAON: Yes, sir.

0:17:55
GAON: GAON!

GAON: Gaon Tomahawk!

SEIJI: Crap! No matter what we do, it isn't enough!

MAN: Someone...

TAKASUGI: Hang in there.

SEIJI: What happened?

MAN: There's... there's a monster in the base...

SEIJI: A monster?

TAKASUGI: Look at that!

SEIJI: Oh no! He was after those machines!

VIOLETCHE: So many Redlone Eyes... the data stored in these will lead me to the remaining Planet Energy Reservoirs in a heartbeat.

SEIJI: So this is what he's after! Hey, you alien freak! Step away from those machines!

VIOLETCHE: Pity, but it's a bit late for that.

VIOLETCHE: You two can just step aside and watch.

SEIJI: Crud. Gaon, they're taking the machines! We need your help, here!

GAON: Chieftan... I am not able to follow that order. I can not get closer to where you are.

VIOLETCHE: Do take care.

SEIJI: Gaon! Use your G-Vulcan to destroy the saucer!

GAON: That would put Chieftan in danger!

SEIJI: Gaon, don't worry about us! Just fire!

GAON: Yes, sir!

GAON: G-Vulcan!

SEIJI: Run!

0:20:53
SEIJI: Are you alright... sir?

TAKASUGI: Yes... you?

SEIJI: Just hurts a little.

VIOLETCHE: What an awful blow to my pride...

0:21:26
GAON: G-Cannon!

SEIJI: We did it, dad!

TAKASUGI: What did you say?

SEIJI: Oh, nothing important.

SEIJI: You were awesome, dad.

GAON: GAOOON!

0:22:00
SEIJI: Huh? For real?

TAKASUGI: Yes. We never brought any citizens from Midorigahama toheadquarters.

SEIJI: I see... Colonel Takasugi, please liberate Midorigahama as soon as you can!

TAKASUGI: I will try my best. As I know you will, for the sake of the Earth.

SEIJI: Yes, sir!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: The Global Defense Army has come for Pink! They think Pinky might be an alien, too! You gotta be kidding! I'm gonna fight this to the end! Huh? Pink's transforming? It can't be... she was fooling us the whole time!?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! Our Friend is a Witch!? I'm the commander... and she fooled me?

3 comments:

  1. love your translations! please continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll pay you if you put up the rest of the da garn translations by the end of the week. i'm desperate. i have no idea what they're saying.

    ReplyDelete