Saturday, October 22, 2011

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 26

Let's have a little more Da Garn today. Show of hands: who expected the toyetic kid's show to have a multi-episode plotline about a military occupation?

I also notice by the blogger count that this is my 100th post to this blog. Hooray!

(Actually that's kind of crummy, given that we've been around a year and a half. But life is life, I guess.)

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Brave Fighters are like avatars of the planet's will. They awoke from their long slumber to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: Our enemies are after Planet Energy, which is the source of all life on Earth! To get it, they're gonna hit the Earth's five Planet Energy Reservoirs to turn it into a ball of fire! What's more, they just hit one of them... Da Garn managed to seal the chasm before Africa split in two, but now I've lost all contact with him! What am I supposed to do now!?

TITLE: City Blockade

0:02:27
SEIJI: Da Garn! Come back to us soon!

SEIJI: How long is Da Garn gonna be gone for? I'm too anxious to even enjoy my summer break.

GAON: Chieftan, do not fret.

SEIJI: Chieftan? Me?

GAON: With Da Garn gone, there are things only Chieftan can do.

SEIJI: Things only I can do? I guess you're right... we're gonna be in trouble if what happened in Africa happens again. If only we could find out where Ohboss's underlings are hiding, we could make a preliminary strike...

SEIJI: That's it! They might still have a base somewhere in town!

GAON: I will investigate.

SEIJI: Wait! You gotta stay there!

HIKARU: Seiji!

SEIJI: Gaon, hide!

HIKARU: What are you doing here? Are you okay?

SEIJI: What are you doing!?

HIKARU: It's not normal to talk to the ocean, you know.

SEIJI: Leave me alone.

HIKARU: Don't be like that. I'm just worried about you.

SEIJI: I don't need you to worry about me. I walk to the beat of my own drummer!

HIKARU: Huh?

SEIJI: Hey! What's that thing!?

HIKARU: Hey! Wait for me! Seiji!

SEIJI: Geez, gimme a break already.

SEIJI: Gaon, get out here! We're going!

HIKARU: Where did he go? This is all very strange...

HIKARU: It's him...

0:04:24
GAON: Where do we go?

SEIJI: The Japanese headquarters of the Global Defense Army! I'm gonna have a talk with my dad!

GAON: Understood!

0:04:38
MAN: Initiate scramble! We have an unknown object approaching from the east-northeast!

OPERATOR: What's that? It's a lion!?

MAN: Yes, a lion-shaped robot running on the water!

OPERATOR: What is it doing? Is it friend or foe?

MAN: Unable to discern!

SEIJI: I am not your enemy!

SEIJI: Umm... I have come seeking your aid! Anyway, I'll be dropping in... I mean, docking soon, so get my da... uh, I mean, umm... that is, I'd like to speak to one of your leaders. Maybe that Colonel Takasugi guy?

MAN: Colonel Takasugi?

0:05:15
MAN: Colonel Takasugi!

TAKASUGI: I know. I heard the transmission. But why does he want to speak with me?

SEIJI: Hey! Thanks for agreeing to meet me!

0:05:51
GOJO: So you are a child.

SEIJI: Who are you, mister?

GOJO: I am Colonel Gojo, director of the Information Bureau. Pleased to meet you.

SEIJI: Yeah.

GOJO: Your name?

SEIJI: Me? I'm...

GAON: Chieftan.

GOJO: Chieftan?

GAON: Chieftan. What do I do?

SEIJI: Stay right here until I call for you.

TAKASUGI: The robot speaks?

SEIJI: His name's Gaon!

TAKASUGI: Gaon?

SEIJI: Yeah!

GOJO: Anyway, Chieftan. Why don't you take off your helmet and let us see your face?

SEIJI: Oh... I can't! I'll die if I breathe Earth's air. I really have to talk to d... I mean, Colonel Takasugi. Is that okay?

TAKASUGI: How do you know of me?

SEIJI: Huh? Well, um... you're on TV! That's what it was, haha...

SEIJI: Of course...

0:06:50
GENERAL: What's that? You're saying this Ohboss creature is trying to steal the Earth's life energy?

SEIJI: Huh? Oh... yeah, they call it Planet Energy, it seems. Anyway, I believe they may have a base located somewhere in Midorigahama.

GOJO: We already knew that the enemy ship launched out of Midorigahama.

SEIJI: I'm not talking about that! I think there's still something there! I want your help to find it!

SEIJI: Where are you going?

GOJO: We need to discuss the matter privately for a moment. Wait here, please.

SEIJI: Okay...

0:07:29
TAKASUGI: Confine him? Colonel Gojo, he came here to ask for our help. I can't approve of such strong-arm tactics.

GOJO: No, it's clear from our data analysis that he is the one controlling those robots. This 'Chieftan' fellow is no doubt concealing something more.

GENERAL: Ohboss, Planet Energy... we need more information on all of it. And I want to how a boy like that came to be in control of those robots.

GOJO: One more thing. We should put a blockade on Midorigahama.

TAKASUGI: A blockade? We already have a task force investigating the town. Why don't we just let them finish their work?

GOJO: The operation's secrecy cuts down on its efficiency. It's time to begin a more thorough search of Midorigahama.

TAKASUGI: But...

GENERAL: Colonel Takasugi. I understand that you are concerned about your hometown. But I agree with Colonel Gojo. We can't afford to waste time on this. Begin the operation immediately!

GOJO: Yes sir!

0:09:00
GOJO: We know what happened in Africa. But, Chieftan, might I ask why you are fighting Ohboss and his robots? Why do you fight to protect our Earth?

SEIJI: Isn't it obvious? Because the Earth's in danger.

GOJO: But if you really are our ally, why won't you disclose everything to us?

GOJO: Just where did the lot of you come from?

SEIJI: What does it matter? Are you going to work with me or not?

GOJO: Not until you work with us. Who built those robots? How do they function?

SEIJI: Please, just bring Colonel Takasugi back here!

GOJO: This is outside of his authority. I'm the one in charge of these matters.

GAON: Chieftan.

SEIJI: What is it?

GAON: A group of humans is investigating me. Do I drive them away?

SEIJI: What did you say? Just what are you trying to do!?

GOJO: Don't worry. We're just trying to find out more about you.

SEIJI: We didn't come here so you could dissect us! We're going home!

SEIJI: Gaon, you hear? We're going home!

GOJO: Wait, you!

0:10:12
GOJO: Follow them! Don't let them get away!

SEIJI: Sheesh! Never trust a grown-up.

OPERATOR: We'll intercept them at Ohata Bay!

OPERATOR: They disappeared!

0:10:40
SEIJI: Gaon, stay hidden until I call for you!

GAON: Understood.

SEIJI: What is all this?

0:11:05
SOLDIER: You! Where did you come from?

SEIJI: I don't know what you're...

SOLDIER: Haven't you heard about the lockdown?

SEIJI: Lockdown?

NEMOTO: Seiji!

SEIJI: Mr. Nemoto!

NEMOTO: This kid lives next door to my station. He's no one suspicious.

SEIJI: Mr. Nemoto, why's the town on lockdown?

NEMOTO: You haven't heard? The Global Defense Army is mounting a search for invaders in this town.

SEIJI: What?

0:11:34
NEMOTO: You hear me? No more sneaking out to play, now. And if a soldier comes to talk to you, don't tell them anything, okay?

SEIJI: About what?

NEMOTO: Oh, nothing, nothing!

SEIJI: What a weird guy.

NEMOTO: No need to tell Seiji that my patrol car's missing again. But where did it go this time? It usually comes right back again... where could it be?

0:12:02
[Eyecatch]

PINKY: Seiji! Please help me! I haven't done anything wrong!

SEIJI: Pinky!

SEIJI: Hikaru!

HIKARU: Seiji!

SEIJI: What's going on, Mr. Kosaka?

HARUO: Hikaru told them she'd seen the mystery boy several times. They decided to take her in for questioning.

TSUKUSHI: I don't know what to do with all these soldiers around, I hope she'll be alright.

SEIJI: This is all my fault!

0:13:00
TAKASUGI: It's me. Patch it through.

TAKASUGI: Oh, Seiji. How are you?

SEIJI: How do you think I am, dad!? What the heck is going on!?

TAKASUGI: Calm down. Is this about the town?

SEIJI: How could you let this happen? It's a huge pain in the neck!

SEIJI: Everyone's trapped inside for summer break! We can't even go to the ocean!

TAKASUGI: I know it's hard. I would have avoided it if I could. But you've heard, haven't you? We've received information on the invaders.

SEIJI: This isn't what I meant when I asked for your help, dad!

0:13:34
TAKASUGI: Seiji, are you listening to me? We've instituted these measures to help protect the townspeople. If our intelligence is correct, terrible things could happen. We're doing this to ensure your safety. All we can ask is that you bear with it for now.

SEIJI: Then what reason do you have for taking Hikaru in!?

TAKASUGI: They took Hikaru in?

0:14:15
GOJO: The lion robot called Gaon went off the radar in the vicinity of the city. I want a thorough search of the surrounding area!

MAN: Yes, sir!

GOJO: I hear we have one of the circus people in custody.

MAN: Yes, she's being questioned in another room. There's also the girl who has met the boy in question.

GOJO: I'll speak with her first.

MAN: And when was your next meeting?

HIKARU: I don't remember! I'm telling you, I barely know anything about him!

GOJO: Are you the one who's had contact with the robots' Chieftan?

HIKARU: Chieftan? They call him Chieftan?

GOJO: You didn't know?

HIKARU: He told me his name was Luke Skywalker...

GOJO: So, he uses multiple aliases...

HIKARU: At any rate, can I just go home? I really don't want to be here.

GOJO: I'm sorry, my dear. You'll have to bear it a while longer.

GOJO: There's someone I'd like you to see.

0:15:18
WOMAN: The woman next door to me...

MAN: I haven't done anything!

BOY: He was totally radical!

PINKY: How many times do I have to tell you? I'm just a trapeze artist.

HIKARU: Pinky!

GOJO: Friend of yours, eh?

HIKARU: I wouldn't call her a friend, exactly, but her younger sister is in my class, and she worked at our restaurant for a little while...

HIKARU: She's not a bad person, though.

GOJO: Are you entirely sure about that?

0:15:48
PINKY: I've had enough of this! Are you accusing me of something or not!?

MAN: That's not exactly...

PINKY: This is a joke! It's a violation of my human rights!

MAN: Listen, please calm down.

PINKY: Violetche?

MAN: We just have a few more questions...

VIOLETCHE: Don't worry, I'll save you. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

0:16:28
VIOLETCHE: It's your turn. Let's grant a favor to our dear downtrodden Lady Pinky.

GOJO: Kosaka Hikaru is a person of interest. We can't let her go yet.

TAKASUGI: She's only a child. Don't you understand that?

GOJO: This is the duty of the Information Bureau. It's not your place to get involved.

MAN: Colonel! Bad news! An enemy has appeared in the middle of town!

GOJO: What!?

0:17:21
SEIJI: What's that?

NEMOTO: Seiji!

SEIJI: Mr. Nemoto!

NEMOTO: Seiji, it's dangerous! Get inside!

SEIJI: What's going on?

NEMOTO: This monster tank just appeared in the town! C'mon, we gotta get you home!

NEMOTO: Evacuate, everyone!

SEIJI: Gaon, time to move out!

0:18:03
MAN: Run!

PINKY: Violetche's made his move... this is my chance!

MAN: Huh?

MAN: Hey, do you know what happened to the woman who was in here?

PINK: No, sir!

0:18:35
GOJO: Where did it come from!?

MAN: We don't know. It just came out of thin air.

GOJO: Thin air!?

MAN: It's heading straight for us!

MAN: Look there!

SEIJI: Gaon! Transform!

GAON: Gaon!

0:19:28
SEIJI: What's it doing? Is it trying to crush the building?

GOJO: Chieftan!

SEIJI: Colonel! Why did you fill the town with soldiers!? That's probably what brought this thing here!

SEIJI: Anyway, it's dangerous here! You've all got to get to safety!

MAN: I think he's right.

GOJO: Withdraw, everyone!

SEIJI: Hikaru!

SEIJI: Gaon! You've gotta protect the detention center! Hikaru and Pinky are still in there!

GAON: Understood. But...

HIKARU: It's you!

SEIJI: You've got to get out of here! Huh?

HIKARU: Yamamoto!

HIKARU: Yamamoto, what are you doing here!?

SEIJI: Who cares! Just get out of here!

0:20:45
GAON: It is very durable.

SEIJI: What did you say? Pinky's still in there!?

PINK: Yes, I came here looking for her!

SEIJI: I see...

SEIJI: Gaon! What are you doing!? You've gotta break that thing to pieces!

0:22:08
SEIJI: Gaon! Find Pinky!

GAON: No one is there.

SEIJI: Seriously?

GAON: No dead, either.

SEIJI: That means... the Global Defense Army's got her.

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Pinky is missing! Those army guys must have taken her... crap... I'll just have to make an exchange! If it means I can save Pinky, I'll let them do whatever tests they want! Huh? Dad's here, too? Huh!? What are you doing!? This wasn't the agreement!

SEIJI: Next time on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Investigate the Commander!' Do not question the Chieftan!

No comments:

Post a Comment