Monday, January 16, 2012

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn Episode 28

Here you go, all you patient people.

This episode really runs the gamut between funny and sad in a way that I find very appropriate for the subject matter. I also continue to love the way they treat the ambiguity of a military occupation.

And of course, because Da Garn is all about education, we also learn a valuable lesson about the pros and cons of sticking two guns together to earn a power-up.

Enjoy!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who awoke from their long slumber to destroy invaders from space!

SEIJI: Our enemies are after Planet Energy, which is the source of all life on Earth! To get it, they're gonna hit the Earth's five Planet Energy Reservoirs, to turn it into a ball of fire! What's more, they just hit one of them... Da Garn is working to seal the chasm so that Africa won't get split in two. I tried to talk to the Global Defense Army about the situation, but it seems like it just made things worse!

0:02:12
TITLE: Our Friend is a Witch!?

MAID: My lady, recovered though you may be, is it not time for us to return home?

HOTARU: The wind...

HOTARU: The wind is changing.

MISUZU: Midorigahama has been in a state of alert for a week now, but despite the Global Defense Army's frantic searching, no evidence of alien presence has been discovered. Local residents are cooperating, but with no idea of when life will return to normal, there is a clear unease among the population.

HIKARU: I wonder if there really are more aliens hidden somewhere.

PINK: I don't care about the aliens. I just want my sister back!

SEIJI: Don't worry! I'm sure Pinky's just laying low in some other country.

PINK: Some other country?

HIKARU: What makes you think that?

SEIJI: Oh, no particular reason. Just trust me on this one.

SEIJI: I don't know why, but I'm sure I saw Pinky in Australia.

0:03:39
PINK: Coming!

MAN: You're Yamamoto Pinky's sister Pink, aren't you?

MAN: We have business with your sister. Do you know where she might be?

PINK: Oh, I just don't know!

MAN: Really? So she hasn't been home at all?

MAN: I think we'll have a look for ourselves.

SEIJI: Hang on! What do you think you're doing?

MAN: We're with the army. We're looking for Ms. Pinky.

HIKARU: The GDO!

MAN: What's behind that door, I wonder?

PINK: You can't!

PINK: Nooo! Please don't look in my room!

MAN: Be a good girl and let us through.

SEIJI: Hang on a minute! It's rude to look in a girl's room without asking!

MAN: This is part of our job.

MAN: If you get in our way, we'll bring you in, too.

SEIJI: Are you sure you want to do that? My mom is a reporter, and my dad is a colonel with the GDO armed forces.

MAN: A GDO colonel?

MAN: What's your name?

SEIJI: Takasugi Seiji. I'm her boyfriend.

MAN: Takasugi Seiji... he might be Colonel Takasugi's boy.

MAN: Well then, we apologize for the inconvenience.

MAN: We'll check back later.

HIKARU: That was a close one.

PINK: Thank you, Seiji! I was so, soooo scared!

SEIJI: Don't worry. They can send as many goons as they want. I'll drive 'em off one by one!

PINK: What a man! Now have a reward... from me to you.

SEIJI: Sooo happy...

SEIJI: We'll come back later to hang out!

PINK: I'll be waiting! You come back too, Hikaru!

HIKARU: Um... sure! Later!

0:05:26
PINK: They're on to me. I'd better prepare for a launch, in case things get out of control.

SEIJI: What is wrong with those army guys? They're way off the mark if they think Pinky's an alien.

0:06:04
PINK: You can't!

HIKARU: I hope you're right...

HIKARU: Seiji!

SEIJI: Hey, what are you guys doing in front of her house!?

MAN: Stay back! Civilians aren't authorized here.

SEIJI: You don't have to be a jerk about it! I just want to know what's going on.

HIKARU: Seiji...

MAN: Never you mind, just clear out!

SEIJI: We're not dogs to be ordered around!

HIKARU: Seiji, let's just go!

0:06:44
SECRETARY: Colonel Takasugi, you have a call from your son.

TAKASUGI: I'm busy at the moment. Tell him I'll call him back.

SECRETARY: But he says that it's a matter of life and death.

TAKASUGI: Of life and death?

SEIJI: Yeah! So I was hoping you could take Pinky off your list. You can't just go spying on girls , dad!

TAKASUGI: This is a your matter of life and death?

SEIJI: Yeah! So you'll do it?

TAKASUGI: I'm hanging up. These are grown-up matters; we don't need the opinions of children.

SEIJI: Hang on! Dad! Hey, dad!

007:31
MAN: C'mon, you gotta be kidding!

MAN: I've gotta take a three-hour detour just to get to the high school?

SOLDIER: Just do as you're told!

SEIJI: These jerks. They're just here to make life hard on us.

HIKARU: Hey, Seiji. Have you ever wondered what Yamamoto was doing before she came here?

SEIJI: What do you mean? Traveling the world with Butcho's circus, obviously.

HIKARU: Before then! I've been thinking, we really don't know anything about the two of them, do we?

SEIJI: Don't know anything!? Hikaru! Don't tell me you suspect Pink and Pinky, too!

HIKARU: It's not that, I just...

SEIJI: Fine, I get it! We're done here!

HIKARU: Seiji, where are you going?

SEIJI: I'll protect Pink myself! See ya!

HIKARU: Seiji!

0:08:22
GOJO: Too far?

TAKASUGI: Yes. Sending men to a house full of minors, placing a surveillance van out front? Is it possible we're overstepping our boundaries?

GOJO: Look at this. Hyper x-ray images of the mansion.

TAKASUGI: This is...

GOJO: As you can see, the images reveal nothing. The walls are built with some sort of special metal. Further investigation revealed something very interesting. That mansion receives no electricity, gas, or plumbing services.

TAKASUGI: Impossible. Then how do they live?

GOJO: It means the mansion is entirely self-sustaining. Almost like a space ship.

0:09:15
PINK: How can fate be so cruel? Not even Hikaru trusts me... what am I going to do?

SEIJI: Don't worry! Even if the whole world turns against you, I'll fight for you to the last!

PINK: Thank you... I guess you're the only one I can count on, Seiji.

SEIJI: No problem.

0:09:42
SEIJI: Huh? What was that?

0:10:00
SEIJI: They're coming in!

PINK: Seiji! You said you'd protect me to the end, didn't you?

SEIJI: Uh, that's true, but...

PINK: Please, Seiji! You're the only one I can count on!

SEIJI: Time for me to step up and be a man! I'll take care of everything!

PINK: This should buy me the time I need.

0:10:32
MAN: What is with this place!?

SEIJI: Go home! You won't go one step further!

MAN: Who are you?

MAN: Do you think you can stop us in our mission?

SEIJI: If you insist on moving forward, I will oppose you by any means necessary!

MAN: Let's go! This way!

MAN: Hey! Let us in!

MAN: Split up and find another way in!

SEIJI: Do whatever you want! I'm gonna fight you to the very end!

MAN: Set up the ladders! We'll go in from the back!

SEIJI: Watch this!

SEIJI: Hah! Bet you don't think kids are so helpless, now!

PEOPLE: Nice job, kid! Keep it up!

HIKARU: Oh no... I have to stop him!

0:11:43
HIKARU: An elevator...

HIKARU: What?

HIKARU: What kind of elevator is this?

0:12:04
[Eyecatch]

0:12:29
MAN: Final engine check complete.

PINK: We need to launch before the Earthlings make it inside.

HIKARU: Yamamoto...

MAN: Standing by for outer space launch! We are ready at any time!

PINK: At last! We can leave this filthy town behind.

HIKARU: I have to tell Seiji!

MAN: I'm afraid you've seen too much, my dear.

0:13:08
GOJO: Status report.

MAN: That boy is making it hard for us to act.

SEIJI: Take this! Take this!

TAKASUGI: Seiji!

MAN: You tell 'em kid!

MAN: Show those perverts who's boss!

SEIJI: Yeah! I got this!

MEN: We're all tired of your crap! Get out of our town!

SEIJI: That won't stop them for long. Hey! Pink!

TAKASUGI: Seiji! Can you hear me?

SEIJI: Dad!

TAKASUGI: Listen, Seiji! We have a great deal of evidence that this house is an enemy base! It's dangerous for you to stay there! You need to come out immediately!

SEIJI: This is ridiculous... if this place is an alien base, what does that say about Pink?

PINK: Seiji...

SEIJI: Pink!

PINK: What's wrong?

SEIJI: My dad's talkin' a lot of junk about this mansion being an alien base.

PINK: My mansion?

SEIJI: Yeah, they say they got evidence, but I think they're bluffing.

PINK: Really? So they finally realized.

SEIJI: Huh? Realized what?

PINKY: Nice to see you again, Seiji.

SEIJI: Pink... Pinky?

PINKY: You never doubted, even for a moment? How naive you Earthlings are.

SEIJI: You're...

PINKY: My name is Lady Pinky! I stand by Lord Ohboss... fight for Lord Ohboss... as his devoted retainer!

0:15:21
MAN: The mansion's falling to pieces!

SEIJI: Why... why!? I thought we were friends! We went on field trips together... helped each other with our homework... we even went on a date! So why!?

PINKY: It was all to find and kill the commander of those robots.

SEIJI: To kill the robots' commander?

PINKY: Yes, that's why I had to integrate myself into your ranks.

SEIJI: To kill the robots' commander...

PINKY: Otherwise I would never associate with insects like you!

SEIJI: Hikaru!

PINKY: She must have wormed her way in here to save you. Rather a plain girl, but she's not without charm.

SEIJI: What are you gonna do to Hikaru!?

PINKY: Let me see. She has a sweet face. I might fill her with clockwork and add her to my doll collection.

SEIJI: You're disgusting... don't you touch Hikaru!

0:16:57
SEIJI: I'll get you!

PINKY: Know your place. You think an insect like you can stop me?

PINKY: You Earthlings really are hopeless fools.

SEIJI: Gaon... come here, please, Gaon...

0:17:30
TAKASUGI: See to the evacuation of the townspeople!

MAN: Sir!

MAN: Everyone, please evacuate calmly!

GOJO: Launch aerial fighters immediately!

TAKASUGI: Seiji!

0:17:52
PINKY: You don't have much longer, do you.

SEIJI: Can't...

PINKY: What's that robot doing here?

SEIJI: Gaon! We're getting out of here!

PINKY: You won't get away from me!

0:18:38
PINKY: Fire!

SEIJI: Gaon, transform! They're gonna shoot us down!

GAON: GAON!

SEIJI: It's no good... the ship's just too big.

SEIJI: Stay away! Those little planes can't do anything against this ship!

SEIJI: Gaon! Isn't there some way you can power up your weapons!?

GAON: Power-up?

SEIJI: Just stick two weapons together or something!

GAON: Gaon will try.

SEIJI: Woah! Can you fire it like that?

GAON: Don't know. First time trying.

SEIJI: We'll find out! Fire!

GAON: I will.

MAN: They've destroyed part of our propulsion system!

PINKY: What!?

MAN: Our output is already at maximum! Even if the ship remains intact, we can't defend ourselves!

PINKY: Curses... we have no choice! Just take us out into space!

MAN: They're running away!

SEIJI: Pinky...

0:20:58
HIKARU: Oh, no! Stop!

SEIJI: Hikaru.

HIKARU: Seiji...

SEIJI: You're safe now.

HIKARU: Where are we?

SEIJI: Those hero robots saved us.

HIKARU: So Yamamoto... and Pinky...

SEIJI: You saw that, huh?

SEIJI: I guess that alien woman ran off somewhere.

SEIJI: Bet she won't be coming back.

SEIJI: But it sure was a shock... she snuck into our class and had us fooled for a long time. Geez.

HIKARU: Why... why did it have to come to this?

SEIJI: Hikaru...

HIKARU: We... mom and dad... our teachers... everyone in class... we all... we all... loved Pink and Pinky... I just can't take it...

HIKARU: Nothing makes sense anymore!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Even Pink turned out to be an alien! Who woulda thunk it! The only person I can count on now is Hotaru! Huh? The enemy is heading for Africa? Everyone! We gotta protect Da Garn! Woah, what's with this light!? Is the Earth giving us a new power!?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! Da Garn Revived! I'm the commander... and I've been waiting for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment