Sunday, August 12, 2012

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 33

Well, you knew it was coming -- Da Garn's shown glimpses of it in the past, what with its animals and its nature-destroying monsters and all, but here's where the show really begins its irreparable slide into full-on tree-hugging. And I love it.

More on that in the episodes to come, though. For now, enjoy more Yanchar-related hilarity, and Violetche being a truly class A scheming dick.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Our enemy is Ohboss, a group of alien invaders who are after Planet Energy, the source of life on Earth.

SEIJI: I thought Seven Changer was part of their gang, but that little brat Yanchar was inside him this whole time! He says he wants us to work together, and he even broke into my house to ask me! Gimme a break! Like I'm gonna trust the guy who killed the Sabers! No matter what anyone says, I'm NEVER gonna trust that guy!

0:02:12
TITLE: Ruins in Peril

VIOLETCHE: Welcome, Seven Changer. Can I offer you a drink?

YANCHAR: A drink? Does he know I'm in here?

SEVEN: No.

VIOLETCHE: Unaccomodating as always. You really should relax.

SEVEN: Tell me what you need.

VIOLETCHE: Very well. I was thinking of touring some of Earth's ruins.

BUTCHO: Ruins? What's that?

VIOLETCHE: Places of significance to the Earth's history.

VIOLETCHE: Ancient residences, shrines, grave sites... and some things whose purpose we cannot ascertain.

PINKY: How could those old rock piles be useful to us?

VIOLETCHE: You have no vision.

VIOLETCHE: This is the place where we fought against Da Garn. His avian mecha also originated from this location. Well? Doesn't it look a bit like ruins?

BUTCHO: So what if it does?

VIOLETCHE: I detected a significant amount of Planet Energy there. In other words, it is very likely to be a Reservoir.

PINKY: So we might find other Reservoirs at sites like that.

VIOLETCHE: Indeed.

REDLONE: A baseless conclusion.

VIOLETCHE: I don't need the opinion of a filthy cyborg!

SEVEN: Did you bring me hear to listen to you petty squabbles?

VIOLETCHE: Obviously, I invited you here to help us.

SEVEN: I refuse. I answer directly to Lord Ohboss. I don't answer to you.

SEVEN: ... though as always, I'll be happy to save you when you fail.

VIOLETCHE: Such insolence. I'll make you regret it, some day.

SEVEN: What shall we do, Your Highness?

YANCHAR: I gotta tell that kid Seiji what they're planning. Even an idiot like him should realize I'm a good guy after that!

0:05:44
MISUZU: Are you alright? Are you hurt?

YANCHAR: Mother...

MISUZU: I'm sorry, I wasn't even looking... tell me where it hurts.

NEMOTO: Ms. Takasugi! Was there an accident?

MISUZU: This boy ran out of nowhere... I don't think I hit him, but...

HARUO: What is it?

TSUKUSHI: What is going on?

TSUKUSHI: Oh, it's that boy!

MISUZU: Who is he?

HARUO: He's been welching-- I mean, eating at our restaurant.

MISUZU: He's a friend of Seiji's.

MISUZU: Seiji's?

NEMOTO: I don't see any sign of impact...

MISUZU: His friend, you say?

TSUKUSHI: We think this boy may be an orphan.

HARUO: He doesn't have a place to live or any money, either.

TSUKUSHI: So we can't tell Mr. Nemoto about it.

NEMOTO: Did you guys say something?

MISUZU: I'm going to take him inside to treat his wounds. Could you pull the car around, Mr. Nemoto?

NEMOTO: Sure!

HARUO: Okay!

NEMOTO: But... I'm supposed to question you...

NEMOTO: Well, Ms. Takasugi probably isn't at fault.

0:06:57
TSUKUSHI: See? Isn't his appetite just darling?

HARUO: It makes you feel truly appreciated.

MISUZU: I really am sorry about all the trouble.

TSUKUSHI: Oh, not at all. It was our pleasure.

MISUZU: I'll take care of things from here.

HARUO: That's good. We'll be going, then.

TSUKUSHI: If he wants more to eat, feel free to send him over.

MISUZU: Thank you for everything!

0:07:30
MISUZU: Have you had a bath today?

MISUZU: What's your name? Where did you come from? Well, no matter. Come now, I can't wash you if you don't relax. The girls won't like you if you aren't nice and clean. Now, turn this way! There we go!

MISUZU: This really does take me back. I'm glad my son is old enough to take care of himself, but it makes me feel so unnecessary. Perhaps that's indulgent of me...

MISUZU: Don't do that! Oh, you!

SEIJI: I'm ho--

MISUZU: Welcome home, Seiji dear!

SEIJI: This way, Yanchar!

MISUZU: Yanchar, is it? What a darling name!

SEIJI: C'mon!

MISUZU: Seiji?

SEIJI: Hey you! Whadda you think you're doing!? Did you come here to feel up my mom again!?

YANCHAR: No way! I was lookin' for you! I came to give you info on the bad guys!

SEIJI: Info on the bad guys?

SEIJI: Hey! Wait a minute!

MISUZU: Don't be a stranger, now!

SEIJI: Yanchar! Wait a minute...

MISUZU: Come back soon!

0:09:10
BIG: It's gotta be a trick!

TURBO: He's just leadin' us into a trap!

DRILL: Boss! Didn't you say you'd never trust that guy?

SEIJI: I know, I know, but... what if he's tellin' the truth?

DAGARN: We can't disregard either possibility.

SEIJI: Okay, I got it! Contact the Sabers. I want you all to split up and watch over the Earth's major ruin sites!

BIG: Gotcha!

DAGARN: You decided to believe him?

SEIJI: It's not that, exactly...

0:09:50
YANCHAR: You really don't get it, do you?

SEIJI: Get what?

YANCHAR: The happiness you have right now!

YANCHAR: You get to live with your mother on your home planet! But if you don't help me out, you're gonna lose it all!

SEIJI: Wait a minute!

YANCHAR: You dumb jerk!

SEIJI: Can't get it outta my mind...

TURBO: What's the boss thinking? Where are we goin'? Which ruins?

DRILL: No way there's enough of us to hit all of 'em.

BIG: Quit'cher whinin'! We'll just do the best we can!

DRILL: I still ain't trust that Seven Changer guy.

MACH: Yeah, not after all he put us through!

TURBO: It's like the boss don't even care how we feel!

GAON: Do not doubt the chieftan.

BIG: You heard the guy. Split up!

ALL: Got it!

0:10:57
YANCHAR: Ruins, huh? Things built by your mother's mother's fathers and mothers, going back so many generations...

SEVEN: Correct, Your Highness. Is this far enough?

YANCHAR: Yeah. It really is beautiful... my planet was beautiful too, wasn't it.

SEVEN: Just as beautiful. No... even moreso.

HAWK: Hmm?

HAWK: This is Hawk Saber! I've sighted the enemy!

[Eyecatch]

0:12:22
HAWK: Where did they go?

HAWK: Shoot... they got away!

SEIJI: Hawk Saber. What's going on? Hawk Saber, respond!

HAWK: I'm sorry. I've lost sight of the enemy ship.

SEIJI: But the enemy was there?

HAWK: Yes. I'm sure of it.

SEIJI: Right... maybe Yanchar was telling the truth.

SEIJI: Okay, everyone. Keep up surveillance, but make sure they don't catch sight of you.

ROBOTS: Yes, sir!

PINKY: I could've taken that little birdy if you'd just let me. Why did we run away?

VIOLETCHE: You know I don't want any trouble. Our investigation takes priority.

VIOLETCHE: But I wonder... how did they know we would be there?

SEVEN: Your Highness. Are you certain we shouldn't interfere?

YANCHAR: Whatever happens, don't get involved just yet.

SEVEN: I see. If we aren't careful, Violetche might begin to suspect us.

0:14:13
JET: They're here!

MISUZU: Seiji, dear! Hikaru is here! Seiji!

MISUZU: Seiji?

MISUZU: That's strange... he was here a minute ago...

NEMOTO: Oh no! Not again!

NEMOTO: I wish he'd at least leave a note or something...

SEIJI: Jet Saber. What are they doing?

JET: They seem to be investigating some large stone faces.

SEIJI: Large stone faces? Anyway, keep up your surveillance! We'll be there shotly!

JET: Yes, sir.

VIOLETCHE: Beautiful artistry. Could those idiot humans have really made them?

PINKY: Do you think there's a Reservoir here?

VIOLETCHE: Not at all. A total loss.

PINKY: Nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of time, after all. Why don't we enjoy our time together?

VIOLETCHE: Don't work your wiles on me, dear.

VIOLETCHE: Chase it and it flees; flee and it pursues. That's the way of love, eh?

0:15:42
JET: Stay where you are!

HAWK: Change!

DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

JET: We've got you now, Violetche!

HAWK: Resistance is useless!

DAGARN: Surrender quietly!

VIOLETCHE: Fools. Do you really think I didn't plan for this?

DAGARN: What?

VIOLETCHE: You're the ones who should surrender.

HAWK: That won't work twice!

BUTCHO: That's the signal! That's the signal! That's the signal! That's the signal!

0:16:46
HAWK: You won't get away again! Just give up and come with us!

VIOLETCHE: Don't worry. If you think you've won, you've a rude awakening in store.

HAWK: What!?

BUTCHO: Take this! Take this!

PINKY: Doesn't Butcho even care that we're here?

SEIJI: Don't let Violetche get away!

JET: Yes, sir!

BUTCHO: Eyes forward! You face the great Butcho!

PINKY: I'm going out there.

VIOLETCHE: Not you. You'll stay right here.

VIOLETCHE: Leave this to Butcho. We still have much to do.

VIOLETCHE: But is it possible they know what we're after? I wonder...

SEIJI: We can't beat 'em this way! Everyone get away! We gotta split 'em up!

BUTCHO: You won't get away that easy!

BUTCHO: Take this!

0:18:49
BUTCHO: Now, take this!

BUTCHO: Now we'll crash them all together!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Separate!

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

BUTCHO: What!?

DAGARN: Da Garn Magnum!

0:19:32
BUTCHO: Curses! What a dirty trick!

BUTCHO: What!?

SHUTTLE: Captain! Sorry we're late!

BIG: Boss! We're here!

DAGARN: Landers!

HAWK: Jumbo Saber!

JET: Shuttle Saber!

SEIJI: Okay! Landers, Sabers, combine!

BIG: Yeah!

BISON: Combine! Land Bison!

PEGASUS: Combine! Pegasus Saber!

0:20:50
BUTCHO: Blast! I thought we had them outnumbered!

DAGARN: Earth Cannon!

SEIJI: We did it!

BUTCHO: Sorry about this, again...

SEVEN: I don't want your apologies.

SEIJI: There he goes again! If Seven Changer's on our side, he better start acting like it!

DAGARN: No, Seiji. He may be pretending to assist the enemy in order to deceive them.

0:22:08
BISON: Boss, this machine's designed to detect Planet Energy Reservoirs. No reaction here, though.

SEIJI: Man, check out these big faces! Who made 'em, and why? You know the answer, Da Garn?

DAGARN: I don't know, Seiji. That is an answer you must find for yourself.

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: They're all holding a welcome party for Yanchar!? Why's everyone so nice to him? He could still be an enemy! Well I ain't goin' along with it! Huh!? The enemies are after more ruins!? Okay! We'll set up an ambush!

SEIJI: Next time on Brave Fighter of Legend, Da Garn! What it Takes to Be Commander! I got it... and you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment