Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 35

Today, the toyetic kid's show about talking robots writes a passionate love letter to history and evolution.

Enjoy!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Our enemy is Ohboss, a group of alien invaders who are after Planet Energy, the source of life on Earth.

SEIJI: Yanchar gave us some info that let us ambush the enemy at some ruins, but it turned out to be one of Violetche's traps! The enemy had us in a corner, and I had to destroy the ruins to stop them! But then Yanchar started saying I don't have what it takes to be a commander and protect the planet! What's he even talking about!?

0:02:12
TITLE: Listen to the Earthsong

PEGASUS: Commander! We can't keep this up much longer!

BISON: Tell us what to do, boss!

SEIJI: I don't know what to...

SEIJI: First of all, band together!

ALL: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Crap...

PINKY: Nice of you all to stand in one spot!

SEIJI: Order rescinded! Split up, everyone! Get far away!

ALL: Yes, sir!

BUTCHO: Divided for the conquering!

SEIJI: What am I supposed to do!?

JUMBO: Captain, we will sustain irreparable damage at this rate!

BIG: Whadda we do, boss!?

HAWK: Tell us what to do!

SEIJI: How am I supposed to know!?

SHUTTLE: Captain! Tell us what to do!

DAGARN: Seiji!

SEIJI: Just run! Run away!

ROBOTS: Yes, sir!

PINKY: What are they doing?

REDLONE: They're trying to get away?

PINKY: Then we'll hunt them down!

VIOLETCHE: You've done enough, for now. Save some fun for later.

REDLONE: You must be joking!

PINKY: This is the perfect chance to beat them!

VIOLETCHE: Now, now. There's something else we need to take care of.

0:04:20
SEIJI: I can't believe they beat us...

JET: Losing is a part of battle, Captain.

BIG: We got out of there alive. We oughta celebrate.

SEIJI: Celebrate!? Look at you guys!

SEIJI: Argh!

SEIJI: Oww...

DAGARN: Seiji, are you okay?

SEIJI: Ugh... this is all Yanchar's fault!

DAGARN: Yanchar?

SEIJI: Yeah... this all happened because he started blabbering at me about not destroying the ruins!

YANCHAR: You don't have what it takes to protect the planet!

SEIJI: What does he mean, I don't got what it takes? Sure, the ruins are important... but... sometimes you gotta make sacrifices! Right?!

SEIJI: Or are you guys on Yanchar's side!? Come on, say something!

0:05:33
DAGARN: Seiji, we cannot judge your actions. We can only follow your orders.

DAGARN: If you cannot fight, then neither can we. Why don't you think over the problem yourself?

YANCHAR: You don't have what it takes to be commander!

VIOLETCHE: Let me see. How best to serve up your punishment?

VIOLETCHE: What's this?

VIOLETCHE: Well, if it isn't Redlone's little analyzer. What's got you in such a fuss?

VIOLETCHE: Redlone, do interpret for me.

REDLONE: He is saying he has located a Planet Energy Reservoir using a probe we sent out earlier.

VIOLETCHE: What was that?

VIOLETCHE: Isn't that nice. A fine addition to our menu.

0:06:45
SEIJI: What it takes to be commander... what it takes to be commander... ugh! Just what does it take to be commander!? I'm doin' my best out there! I got no time to play or do my homework! Where does he get off sayin' I ain't got what it takes!?

HIKARU: What's all the fuss about?

SEIJI: You idiot! Don't scare me like that!

HIKARU: But I knocked and everything! Here, I made cookies. Want some?

SEIJI: Thanks. Leave 'em on the table.

HIKARU: What!? I brought them over just for you! Show a little appreciation!

SEIJI: Unlike you, I got important things to think about!

HIKARU: Important things? YOU?

SEIJI: What's so funny about that!?

HIKARU: Now, now, don't get mad. Tell me what's on your mind. Maybe I can help.

HIKARU: Okay?

SEIJI: Hey, so, what do you think of that guy... Da Garn's commander?

HIKARU: Da Garn's commander? Why are you thinking about him?

SEIJI: C'mon, just tell me.

HIKARU: Well, I'm grateful to him. He came from space to save us all. We really owe him a lot.

SEIJI: That's true! He's doin' a great job!

HIKARU: Sometimes I wish I could be more help to him. Earth is the only home we've got, after all!

SEIJI: So happy to hear that.

HIKARU: But sometimes, I wish he'd think about how us Earthlings feel.

HIKARU: I heard on the news that the Gandhara ruins were destroyed in a fight between Da Garn and Ohboss's robots...

HIKARU: It's such an important place... it seemed a little careless of him.

SEIJI: Hey! Easy for you to say! He's been through a lot, y'know!

HIKARU: Why are you getting angry about it?

SEIJI: Well, it's just...

SEIJI: What's so important about those ruins?

HIKARU: Well... they're our history. You have to preserve your history.

SEIJI: What's so important about history?

HIKARU: Well, you know...

SEIJI: See! You don't even know!

HIKARU: Yes I do! You know, Seiji, maybe you need to study these things yourself! Maybe you should go to a library for once!

SEIJI: 'History is humanity's heritage,' huh... ahh, I still don't get it!

SEIJI: Uh, sorry.

SEIJI: Hotaru?

BOOK TITLE: Gandhara

HOTARU: Some people feel nothing after destroying something so precious.

SEIJI: But why is that place so--

SEIJI: Why is it so important?

HOTARU: It's our link to the minds of the people who built it

SEIJI: What do you mean?

SEIJI: Hey, could you be a little more specific?

0:10:30
VIOLETCHE: Welcome, Seven Changer. I was hoping you would come.

SEVEN: Why did you call me here, Violetche?

VIOLETCHE: We have important business to discuss. Do come in.

SEVEN: What!?

YANCHAR: What's going on!?

PINKY: We've got you, Seven Changer!

BUTCHO: How dare you betray us this way!

VIOLETCHE: Not even you can win when it's three-on-one.

SEVEN: Violetche! I am Lord Ohboss's immediate subordinate! Don't think you'll get away with treating me this way!

VIOLETCHE: So why is such a loyal subordinate telling Da Garn about our plans?

YANCHAR: Seven Changer!

VIOLETCHE: Why don't you tell us who you really are, what you're after, and who that is riding inside of you?

VIOLETCHE: Not telling? In that case...

VIOLETCHE: Ah, well. We still have lots and lots of time.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:38
PINKY: When this machine activates the Planet Energy, it will release with explosive force.

BUTCHO: Not even you could survive something like that!

YANCHAR: Seven Changer... I guess this is the end, huh?

SEVEN: Don't worry. I will protect you, Your Highness.

YANCHAR: Seven Changer...

PINKY: Why don't we have a little fun before the device gets moving? Are you ready?

PINKY: Say someting!

PINKY: Again and again... again and again you deceived us! Traitor! Coward! Liar!

SEIJI: What is it, Da Garn?

DAGARN: I received a communication from Seven Changer. Redlone and the others discovered he was feeding us information, and now they're torturing him!

SEIJI: What!?

DAGARN: And that's not all. Violetche is planning to unleash planet energy from the bottom of the Japan trench!

SEIJI: Which means, Japan would end up like Africa...

DAGARN: Orders, commander.

SEIJI: Okay. Da Garn, Sabers, Landers, move out.

SEIJI: That's right.

SEIJI: Hotaru. I'm afraid I need another favor.

SEIJI: Come with me. Hurry!

0:14:50
HOTARU: What do you need with me?

SEIJI: I came from outer space, so I don't know much about the Earth. I need you to teach me a few things.

SEIJI: Woah, what a big whale!

SEIJI: I mean... goodness, your Earth possesses such curious creatures!

SEIJI: It sure is lively down here...

SEIJI: How far down are we?

DAGARN: A thousand meters. We still have seven thousand to go.

SEIJI: I never knew the Japan Trench was so deep...

SEIJI: Woah, an Armored Beast!

HOTARU: It's a deep-sea fish. They've lived in these oceans for millions of years.

SEIJI: Wow...

DAGARN: Depth 4,500 meters.

SEIJI: So, about halfway there.

SEIJI: What's that? Snow?

HOTARU: Marine snow.

SEIJI: Marine snow?

HOTARU: It's what fish and plankton become when they die.

SEIJI: I guess we're the only things that could live this far down.

DAGARN: That's not true. Look.

SEIJI: Woah, what gross bugs.

HOTARU: The last of organisms that lived here before there was oxygen on the Earth.

SEIJI: It's like the deeper we dive, the older the life forms get.

HOTARU: The ocean is brimming with life. It is the cradle of all life on Earth. The ocean cradled us all, long ago. I hear the Earth's voice here.

SEIJI: The Earth's voice?

SEIJI: Long, long ago, the Earth was formed... over countless aeons, life arose, humans were born... and now, I'm here. That's it... that's it!

0:17:56
SEIJI: I get it! This... this is history!

DAGARN: What is it, Seiji?

SEIJI: We are history! Us, living here! We're the history of Earth itself!

SEIJI: Human history is the same way. We're here because of others who existed elsewhere, long ago. That's why human history is important! Right? That's it, right?

SEIJI: Yeah! That's it, isn't it!

DAGARN: Seiji! Below us!

SEIJI: Okay! Get moving, Da Garn! Those guys aren't getting our planet!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

BUTCHO: Maybe we overdid it.

PINKY: Who cares. He's dead the minute we activate the device.

YANCHAR: Seven Changer... speak to me, Seven Changer!

BOTH: Da Garn!

BUTCHO: Da Garn!

DAGARN: Great Bomber!

0:19:26
SEIJI: Yanchar! You read me, Yanchar? I'm here to save you!

YANCHAR: Seiji! What are you doing here?

SEVEN: I took it upon myself to contact them.

YANCHAR: You idiot! I told you, I'm not working with him anymore!

SEIJI: Quit your whinin'! I'm here to save you, so just hang on!

YANCHAR: What's with him? He's being pretty bossy today.

DAGARN: G Vulcan!

DAGARN: G Cannon!

0:20:00
SEIJI: Hotaru!

DAGARN: Oh no!

BUTCHO: I got you now!

BUTCHO: What's that!?

PEGASUS: Commander!

BISON: Are you okay?

PEGASUS: Saber Breaster!

BISON: Land Crash!

DAGARN: GX Buster!

0:20:55
VIOLETCHE: Fine timing. Pull back, you three.

REDLONE: What!?

VIOLETCHE: Now that the players are in place, your role is done. Remain, if you wish to follow Da Garn into death.

REDLONE: Very well.

PINKY: Wait! Don't leave us behind!

BISON: Come back here!

SEIJI: Stop! We have to destroy that device first!

VIOLETCHE: Da Garn, dear friend robots... I welcome you.

BISON: Violetche!

DAGARN: Ignore him! We need to move and destroy the device before it activates!

VIOLETCHE: I'm afraid it's already activated.

DAGARN: What!?

VIOLETCHE: Now, I just have to flip this switch. So sorry to lose you.

SEIJI: Cut it out! This is our planet!

VIOLETCHE: You've mentioned that before. But it's only yours until we take it.

DAGARN: Oh no... it's started!

SEIJI: Japan... Japan's gonna rip in half!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Oh no! Hotaru's learned my secret identity! Huh? You've actually known for a while now? Eh-heh-heh... huh? What's got you guys acting all weird? The fate entrusted to all life on the Earth? Make your thoughts one with the Earth? What does that mean?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend, Da Garn! The Secret Legend! I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment