Friday, August 17, 2012

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 36

This episode, the tree-hugging goes into full swing, young boys swim naked in the sea, and we get a big chunk of backstory. On the bright side, Seiji gets to take a pee without endangering the planet. For once.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Our enemy is Ohboss, a group of alien invaders who are after Planet Energy, the source of life on Earth.

SEIJI: Yanchar gave us some info that let us ambush the enemy at some ruins, but it turned out to be a trap set by Violetche to root out a spy! Then we went down into the Japan Trench to save Seven Changer, only to find out they'd planted a Planet Energy activator just like the one in Africa! Oh no! At this rate, Japan's gonna be ripped in half!

0:02:12
TITLE: The Secret Legend

SEIJI: Japan... Japan's gonna be ripped in half!

TSUKUSHI: Don't panic, papa! Get under the table!

HIKARU: This way, dad!

DAGARN: Seiji. The fissuring is slowing.

SEIJI: Slowing.

DAGARN: It's not as bad as it was in Africa.

SEIJI: So this wasn't a Reservoir?

YANCHAR: Which means those guys had it all wrong!

SEIJI: Seriously?

YANCHAR: How else do you explain it? I guess there's a lot of Planet Energy here, but all it did was trigger an underwater volcano.

SEIJI: I see! So they had it all wrong! Alright! That means Japan is safe!

SEIJI: Hey Hotaru, wake up! Japan's okay!

SEIJI: You okay?

HOTARU: I...

SEIJI: Don't worry. We're safe now.

0:04:09
DAGARN: Are you alright?

SEVEN: Don't worry about me. Take His Highness to a safe place.

BISON: Quit bein' a tough guy. We came here 'cause you asked for our help.

SEVEN: But the only reason we aren't dead is because this place was not a Reservoir.

BISON: What did you say!?

PEGASUS: Let it go.

BISON: But c'mon! He didn't even thank us!

YANCHAR: Seven Changer. They did try to help. At least say thank you.

SEVEN: If you insist, Your Highness. Thank you.

DAGARN: Anyway, let's get to the surface.

0:04:54
MAMA: Oh, it seems to have calmed down. We're safe now, Papa.

PAPA: No! There might be aftershocks!

HIKARU: You really are hopeless, dad.

VIOLETCHE: Nothing happened.

PINKY: So it wasn't a Reservoir?

VIOLETCHE: It appears that way.

REDLONE: It's just like that hot spring.

BUTCHO: What's with him? It was his information that led us there.

PINKY: But the probe detected a reaction.

VIOLETCHE: Perhaps the device was faulty. Or perhaps... the real one is not so far away.

0:05:58
SEIJI: Oh, man. I gotta pee.

SEIJI: Crap, I can't hold it...

SEIJI: Da Garn. Could you find me a deserted island or something?

DAGARN: What is the matter?

SEIJI: Just do it!

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

BISON: What the heck?

PEGASUS: A puzzling order.

YANCHAR: Hey, you! Where are you taking us!?

SEIJI: Shut up! It's an emergency!

SEIJI: I can't take it...

0:06:38
YANCHAR: What, just takin' a pee?

SEIJI: Hey, you! Don't look!

YANCHAR: Guess I'll join ya.

YANCHAR: Why'd you bring that girl along?

SEIJI: What? Oh, Hotaru? I needed her for something. Don't let her see you, by the way.

YANCHAR: You brought her, but she doesn't know?

SEIJI: Yeah, it's a secret.

SEIJI: Woah, it looks just the same.

YANCHAR: What's that s'posed to mean!?

SEIJI: You're an alien, so I figured it would look different, is all.

YANCHAR: I'll show you...

SEIJI: Nice one, stinky!

0:07:36
SEIJI: OWW!

BISON: Hey, boss! You okay?

SEIJI: I'm not okay! Why are you all watching us!?

SEIJI: Oh crap!

YANCHAR: She saw us!

HOTARU: Takasugi.

SEIJI: Sakurakouji! There's a good explanation for all of this...

HOTARU: The brilliance of life can be found here.

SEIJI: The brilliance of life?

SEIJI: So, you're not surprised to see me here at all?

HOTARU: I knew.

SEIJI: You knew?

SEIJI: For how long?

HOTARU: A long time.

SEIJI: A long time, huh? Really?

YANCHAR: You dummy. Some secret!

SEIJI: HEY! I... woah, you stink! Get away from me.

SEIJI: What are you doing!?

YANCHAR: Catch me if ya can!

SEIJI: You jerk! Who do you think saved your butt!?

YANCHAR: You didn't save crap!

PEGASUS: Seven Changer. How long have you known your prince?

SEVEN: A long time.

BISON: Not much of a talker, are you? At last put some feelin' into it.

SEVEN: I am not capable of that.

BISON: Really? Don't that make it hard to be with a kid?

SEVEN: His Highness is a person of great important. I do not mind being with him. I live to support him.

0:09:34
SEIJI: Get back here, jerk!

YANCHAR: Catch me if ya can!

SEIJI: What's goin' on?

SEIJI: Woah!

YANCHAR: Let's go for a swim, too!

SEIJI: Wash your clothes, while you're at it.

YANCHAR: Hey! You wanna swim with us, Hotaru? It's nice!

SEIJI: Dummy! She's a girl!

YANCHAR: What's wrong with that?

SEIJI: A girl can't get naked in front of guys! You don't even know that!? You really are a kid!

YANCHAR: I'm not a kid! You're the one that doesn't get it!

SEIJI: What the...

SEIJI: It's a shark! Let's get outta here!

SEIJI: Hurry!

YANCHAR: It's gonna eat that penguin!

SEIJI: Da Garn, save it!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

HOTARU: Don't!

0:11:27
SEIJI: What's wrong with you, Hotaru!?

HOTARU: You mustn't disrupt the order of life. It may seem cruel... but the shark isn't trying to destroy the penguins. This is just the fate of all things that live on Earth.

SEIJI: The fate of all things that live on Earth?

YANCHAR: I know!

SEIJI: Know what?

YANCHAR: Something you don't.

[Eyecatch]

0:12:16
SEIJI: Those who share their planets fate?

YANCHAR: Yeah. 'Those who share your planet's fate. Make your feelings as one with the planet. Make your wishes as one with the planet. Let the golden light be gathered, that a new path shall open.' Those are the words of a legend passed down on my planet.

SEIJI: Make your feelings as one with the planet. Make your wishes as one with the planet.

YANCHAR: It's talking about how the Power of Legend will save everyone.

SEIJI: The Power of Legend?

YANCHAR: Yeah, the Power of Legend. It's not something every planet has-- well, maybe it is-- but no planet has gotten it to work in full!

SEIJI: Does the Earth have it?

YANCHAR: Da Garn and the others showed up here. I think that's a part of the Power of Legend.

SEIJI: Da Garn and the Power of Legend...

YANCHAR: But something's still missing. It was the same way with Seven Changer.

SEIJI: Seven Changer? I get it. So that's why you have an Aurin... but how did you become Ohboss's lieutenant?

YANCHAR: Ohboss attacked my planet, too. And then...

SEIJI: And then... what?

HOTARU: It's so sad...

SEVEN: The planet was destroyed. Because of me.

YANCHAR: No! It wasn't your fault! It's Ohboss... Ohboss destroyed it!

0:14:11
YANCHAR: Father... mother...

SEIJI: You appeared, but you couldn't save your planet?

SEVEN: It was too late. There was nothing I could do.

SEIJI: Too late?

SEVEN: Unlike this planet, Ohboss found all the Reservoirs there quickly, and tapped them all at once.

SEVEN: As his title might suggest, the prince was the son of the king who ruled that world. He was still very young.

KING: I must share the fate of my kingdom. Take the prince to safety.

QUEEN: But...

YANCHAR: Father!

KING: Nikulus. Protect His Highness and the queen.

NIKULUS: I hear and obey.

KING: Go to the rainbow shrine. The statue of the God of Legend is also there.

NIKULUS: Let us go, my lady.

QUEEN: No. I shall remain.

NIKULUS: But...

QUEEN: I am the queen of this empire. I must be prepared to share its fate.

QUEEN: Nikulus... take the prince to safety.

YANCHAR: Mother!

QUEEN: It is your responsibility to rebuild our kingdom! I am sure that God will protect you...

KING: Prince. Even if this castle falls, as long as you live, so too does our kingdom. The fate of our country rests on your shoulders.

KING: Nikulus. Take care of the prince.

NIKULUS: Yes sir.

KING: Now, make haste!

YANCHAR: Father! Mother!

0:16:17
YANCHAR: Father! Mother!

YANCHAR: Nikulus... speak to me...

NIKULUS: Quickly, Your Highness... to the inner sanctum...

YANCHAR: But I'm scared!

NIKULUS: You mustn't say that, Your Highness... you have a duty. Do you not remember your parents' words?

NIKULUS: Now, hurry!

NIKULUS: Your Highness!

0:17:45
YANCHAR: Fight? With this?

YANCHAR: Nikulus!

YANCHAR: That's not fair! Not fair! Give Nikulus back!

YANCHAR: Help me!!

0:18:55
SEVEN: That was how I met His Highness.

SEVEN: But by then, the enemy was already gone.

SEVEN: His planet knew the words of the Power of Legend. But the true Power of Legend did not activate on that day.

SEVEN: His Highness and I lost everything. It was then that we made a vow. We would have our revenge against Ohboss!

SEVEN: Only those who have earned Ohboss's trust are permitted to approach him. His Highness and I infiltrated his organization, and did what we had to to earn his trust.

SEIJI: I see... I never knew.

SEIJI: Don't cry! It's not like you.

YANCHAR: I ain't cryin'! So, you feel like workin' with me now?

SEIJI: You're back to that, huh?

YANCHAR: I heard that Ohboss is after the Power of Legend. If it's true that this planet has that power, Ohboss will come here personally!

SEIJI: Your planet left behind the words of the Power of Legend. And then Seven Changer was born. Which means...

SEIJI: Da Garn, what is the true Power of Legend?

DAGARN: I do not know.

BISON: I dunno, either.

SEIJI: So even you don't know about it... but why didn't activate back on your planet? It could've stopped Ohboss from destroying it.

YANCHAR: Like I would know!

HOTARU: Their was no time for their feelings, their wishes, to become one with the planet.

SEIJI: Hotaru...

SEVEN: I believe she is correct.

HOTARU: But the Earth still has time.

SEIJI: But what does it mean to make our feelings one with the planet? How are we supposed to make our wishes one with it?

HOTARU: I think it involves learning... about the brilliance of the life nurtured from the soil...

SEIJI: The brilliance of life...

0:21:52
YANCHAR: They're so cute!

SEIJI: I heard that the ocean is a dangerous place... only one or two of these little guys will ever make it to adulthood.

YANCHAR: So almost all of 'em die?

SEIJI: Yeah. Just like that penguin before. That's the law of nature. But they're all gonnato do their best to survive. Right, Hotaru? That's right, isn't it?

HOTARU: Just like the Earth itself...

YANCHAR: What is it?

DAGARN: The enemy! The enemy is drawing near!

SEIJI: What?

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Just what IS the Power of Legend? I don't know anything about any of this! And Yanchar's a punk, but it looks like he's been through some heavy times. Plus, Hotaru knows who I am... but! We're a team now, it looks like. Let's work together and protect this planet!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! This is Our Planet! I'm the commander, here!

3 comments:

  1. These so far, have been a big help. Since the rest of Da Garn isn't translated yet, I have been reading this side by side with the anime. Please do continue! You save me a lot of "What? Huh? What the...? The heck is going on!" 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm Gunlord, the guy who's timing these scripts for Castiel and everybody else. The gang just released ep. 36, so I just wanted you to know that I'll get to timing ep.37 the moment you get a script up--whenever you want, of course. :D I could also send pre-timed .ass files to you if you like, but people tell me some translators like them and some don't, so thats why I'm aksing you XD Thanks so much for all your hard work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayakawa Ken is coming after you. You've ignored him since episode 10.

    ReplyDelete