Thursday, August 9, 2012

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 30


This episode of Da Garn introduces a new character. Not only is he the best character (like, ever), but his introduction pretty much brings the plot into its final arc. A bunch of old villains return, with a few new twists, and we're going to see some amazing character development from Seiji in the episodes to come.

Also, there's more of Seven Changer being awesome, and who doesn't like that?


Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future

SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth! Our enemy is Ohboss, a group of alien invaders who are after Planet Energy, the source of life on Earth.

SEIJI: They started tearing Africa in half, then attacked Da Garn when he tried to stitch it back together! But just then, the Earth gave birth to a new power! Da Garn and Gaon combined and became Great Da Garn GX! They took down Lady Pinky's ship in one shot! I bet nothing can stop us now!

0:02:12
TITLE: The Mystery Kid

VIOLETCHE: What a naughty little girl. You revealed your identity and got your ship shot down. I have no choice but to punish you.

PINKY: I beg you, Violetche! Have mercy!

VIOLETCHE: I am not an ogre. I won't do anything that would cause you undue distress. I wonder, then, what would cause you the most distress?

PINKY: The most distress? I absolutely don't want to be reverted to my child form. Please... anything but that!

VIOLETCHE: I see.

PINKY: No... NOOO!

VIOLETCHE: I've also taken away your ability to transform. You'll have to make do with that form, for now.

PINKY: Foolish Violetche. I don't mind this form at all.

VIOLETCHE: Now listen to me, Lady. Lord Ohboss considers you the bottom of the barrel of his generals.

VIOLETCHE: He thought that even someone as worthless as you like you could handle gathering Planet Energy from a backwater planet like Earth. We never expected this Da Garn to appear and protect it. When I reported this to Lord Ohboss, it got him thinking. He wonders if the rumored Power of Legend might be found here on Earth.

PINKY: Power of Legend?

VIOLETCHE: He saw no reason to tell you, of course. But I have been dispatched to lead the investigation for that Power of Legend.

PINKY: I never knew...

VIOLETCHE: No matter. Lord Ohboss is already heading here. In the meantime, you and the others are tasked with defeating Da Garn before he arrives!

PINKY: The... others?

PINKY: Redlone!

VIOLETCHE: The punishment for Redlone's failure was to be turned into a cyborg.

PINKY: That voice.. Butcho!

VIOLETCHE: That's correct. I had Butcho drawn and eighthed.

PINKY: Drawn and... 'eighthed?'

0:06:13
NEMOTO: Thank goodness! Oh, you're back! Never leave me again!

HIKARU: I've never seen Mr. Nemoto like this before.

SEIJI: Heh, yeah...

SEIJI: But I understand how he feels. I'm glad Da Garn is back safe, too.

HIKARU: What's with you, Seiji? You've been smiling all day.

SEIJI: Oh, well... I'm just happy the army's finally packed up and left! See ya!

HIKARU: Wait up, Seiji!

SEIJI: I'm not gonna be late today!

HIKARU: But I'm glad Seiji's bounced back after that business with Pink!

HOTARU: Takasugi...

SEIJI: What's wrong, Sakurakouji?

HOTARU: Someone is... following me.

0:07:25
SEIJI: What's with him? That guy stalkin' you?

HIKARU: He doesn't look like a local.

HIKARU: What? He's gone!

SEIJI: What was that all about?

SEIJI: Don't worry, Hotaru! I'll stay with you.

SEIJI: Okay, let's head to school! No one's gonna threaten you while I'm around!

HIKARU: Geez, a girl shows up and suddenly you're a big shot! You're an ultra-perv, Seiji!

0:08:11
KID: What a weirdo...

KID: He's not from our school.

HIKARU: Isn't he the kid we saw before?

SEIJI: Yeah. I can't believe he followed us to school!

KID: Hey, it's Morisoba!

MORISAWA: Takasugi! Kosaka! Take your seats!

SEIJI: No choice, I guess.

HIKARU: Yeah.

HIKARU: He's gone again!

0:08:48
SEIJI: Pretty sure he's younger than me. What's he followin' Hotaru around for?

SEIJI: Look out!

YANCHAR: Come with me!

SEIJI: Hey, wait a minute!

MORISAWA: Hey, you... ahh, I threw out my back...

SEIJI: Hey, you can't just crash in through the window! You coulda hurt someone!

SEIJI: Just who are you, anyway!? What do you want with Hotaru!?

SEIJI: Hey! Say somethin' already!

SEIJI: Wait a minute!

SEIJI: Just like it...

KID: You got it! Get it, Daimon!

GIRL: Go, Takeshi!

0:10:19
HIKARU: Seiji, why did you bring your practice sword to school?

SEIJI: Ain't it obvious? I'm gonna find that kid! And when I do...

HIKARU: So where's Sakurakouji?

HIKARU: You idiot. You were supposed to be keeping an eye on her!

SEIJI: Oh no...

0:10:47
SEIJI: That sneaky little...!

SEIJI: Take this!

SEIJI: I got him!

YANCHAR: You did this!

SEIJI: You okay, Hotaru?

HIKARU: Seiji!

YANCHAR: That's what you get for getting in my way!

SEIJI: You little punk! You ain't touchin' Hotaru!

YANCHAR: Filthy lowlife! You're think you can stop me!?

SEIJI: Hotaru! Get out of here!

YANCHAR: Come with me!

YANCHAR: No?

HIKARU: You! I've had enough of this! Even if you are younger than us, you're still a boy! It takes a real pig to attack a girl!

[Eyecatch]

0:12:17
SEIJI: Ta-daaa! Did you see the big moment, everyone!? This little guy gave Hikaru a big ol' smooch on the lips!

SEIJI: Whew, it's gettin' hot in here!

HIKARU: You idiot, Seiji! I'm out of here.

SEIJI: Hey, she's leaving! Ain't you goin' after her? Chase her down and give her another bit smooch!

YANCHA: You jerk! I won't forget this!

SEIJI: Wow, he's gone. What's up with that weirdo?

SEIJI: Hotaru!

0:13:15
BUTCHO: It's been quite a while, my dear Geraldine. Long ago, you saw through my spy beasts. I want to use that mysterious power of yours in my plan to take out Da Garn. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. To the contrary, I...

SEIJI: I found you, you kidnapper! Give back Hotaru!

SEIJI: Here we go!

SEIJI: De Butcho... you're alive!? But you're so little...

SEIJI: And... there's so many of you...

SEIJI: I know! He must be using a ninja illusion technique! Close your eyes and listen... you can tell the real one by the sound of footsteps...

SEIJI: It's there!

SEIJI: What the heck!?

BUTCHO: I won't let you have my beloved Geraldine!

SEIJI: I'll get you!

BUTCHO: Bye-bye!

SEIJI: Hotaru!

SEIJI: Da Garn! That Butcho guy's back! He took Hotaru!

DAGARN: What!?

SEIJI: Get over here and save Hotaru right away!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

0:16:02
SEIJI: Da Garn. Hotaru's safety comes first!

DAGARN: Yes sir! Change! Da Garn!

DAGARN: It's been some time, De Butcho! I'm surprised to see that you survived.

BUTCHO: What do you think, you blockhead!? Mere dismemberment is not enough to stop the great Butcho!

DAGARN: After all that, it would be a waste to throw your life away now. Surrender!

BUTCHO: Don't underestimate me! Gracie dear! Attack formation!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Time to combine!

0:17:06
DAGARN: Combine! Da Garn X!

DAGARN: Earth Vulcan!

DAGARN: What!?

DAGARN: Oh no!

BUTCHO: Now you'll be a real blockhead!

SEIJI: Gaon! Move out! Protect Da Garn!

BUTCHO: I happen to know you can't fly! With Da Garn frozen solid, you're both sitting ducks! Gracie dear, final attack formation!

BUTCHO: I've been doing a lot of research while I was out of work! My power is far beyond what you--

BUTCHO: Whoops, I forgot the legs transformed, too!

SEIJI: Gaon! Save Hotaru!

SEIJI: Hotaru!

SEIJI: Seven Changer...

0:18:50
HOTARU: Thank you.

YANCHA: Thank you?

YANCHA: That big jerk!

GAON: GAON!

0:19:50
BUTCHO: Hey Seven Changer! What happened to the girl?

SEIJI: She's right here!

SEIJI: Da Garn, Gaon! Combine!

BUTCHO: What!?

DAGARN: Combine! Great Da Garn GX!

BUTCHO: There it is!

DAGARN: GX Buster!

0:21:44
YANCHA: It's weird, though. We saw the Power of Legend, but it hasn't changed anything.

SEVEN: So, you weren't able to ask the girl about the boy who controls Da Garn?

YANCHA: Yeah... it was a huge disaster! This jerk named Seiji kept comin' after me... and...

SEVEN: What is it?

YANCHA: Nothing! This planet's just a big pain in the neck!

YANCHA: She said 'thank you'...

YANCHA: I don't think anyone's ever said that to me before...

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you

SEIJI: Just who is this little shrimp? I thought he was after Hotaru, but it turns out he was after me! I'm gonna get him and force him to tell me who he is! Huh? Did he just come out of Seven Changer!?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Another Commander'! I'm... not the only commander, here!?

No comments:

Post a Comment