Sunday, March 17, 2013

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 37

I'm about to embark on some insane work of insanity, which means it's time to try to get the last of these scripts up. One final push!

I guess you would say this is an average Da Garn episode. Average in that it contains hilarious and painfully realistic interplay between its two young male leads, some great battle choreography, stirrings of depth among the villains, and the heroes being ridiculously proactive.

You know, just another day with Da Garn.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth!

SEIJI: It turns out that Yanchar is a chosen commander, just like me! But his planet was destroyed by Ohboss, who was looking for the Power of Legend. No one knows what the Power of Legend is, exactly. Our only clue is a legend that was passed down on Yanchar's home planet.

SEIJI: 'Those who share your planet's fate. Make your feelings as one with the planet'... but what's it all supposed to mean!?

0:02:12
TITLE: This is Our Planet

SEIJI: That's...

YANCHAR: It's Butcho!

BUTCHO: I knew it. I knew it! I knew those junk robots couldn't have gone far!

BUTCHO: There they are! Okay! This time, the great Butcho will have his revenge!

YANCHAR: Wait, I forgot something!

SEIJI: Idiot! Take care of that later!

YANCHAR: Shut up! What am I gonna do without my clothes!?

SEIJI: Just buy some new ones!

YANCHAR: Show some respect! Those clothes are the sign of the noble bloodline of--

SEIJI: Fine, whatever! Just do it, quick!

BUTCHO: Who's that guy?

SEIJI: Hey! If you're gonna get clothes, you could get mine, too!

DAGARN: Seiji!

SEIJI: Thanks, Da Garn!

SEVEN: Your Highness! Inside, quickly.

BUTCHO: Seven Changer had a little brat riding around inside him!?

SEIJI: Ugh, my clothes... c'mon, Da Garn!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

SEIJI: Hey Yanchar! My clothes are in the ocean now, thanks to you!

YANCHAR: Like I care! No more reason to hold back, Seven Changer! Destroy that thing!

SEVEN: Yes, Your Highness!

0:04:22
SEIJI: What a selfish brat. Land Bison, go pick up my clothes.

BISON: Got it!

SEIJI: Oh no! Hotaru's still down there!

BUTCHO: I'm just getting started!

PEGASUS: What!?

SEIJI: Da Garn! Save Hotaru!

SEIJI: What?

PEGASUS: Oh no!

SEIJI: Forget Hotaru for now! Da Garn! Help Pegasus Saber!

DAGARN: Oh no!

YANCHAR: You idiot, what are you doing!?

YANCHAR: I can't attack with them trapped there!

BUTCHO: That worked better than I expected! Well? I don't need any help to take out you numbskulls! Just one blockhead left to go...

YANCHAR: We're in this mess because you guys got sloppy!

SEIJI: That's not important right now! Hotaru is still on the island!

YANCHAR: What!? And you were here whining about your clothes!? Who's the selfish one here?

SEIJI: Land Bison, protect Hotaru! Da Garn, Pegasus Saber, we have to get out of here somehow!

BISON: Got it!

BUTCHO: I'll get him, too!

BUTCHO: You won't get away! Huh?

BUTCHO: It's Geraldine!

BUTCHO: What's she doing here?

BISON: Take this!

HOTARU: Please stop!

BISON: Stop?

BUTCHO: Geraldine...

BUTCHO: Butcho! What are you doing!? You've got those blockhead robots in the palm of your hand!

HOTARU: Can't you hear it? They're crying.

BISON: Crying?

BISON: They're crying?

0:07:30
BUTCHO: I've done it!

SEIJI: Land Bison! They've got you, too?

BISON: Forgive me, commander! The girl distracted me!

SEIJI: Hotaru distracted you? What did she say?

BUTCHO: At last! At long last! I thought it was gone, but at last, I'll have my empire to...!

BUTCHO: Geraldine...

DAGARN: The animals were crying?

BISON: Yeah... they sounded really sad!

PEGASUS: I hear it too, actually...

SEVEN: As do I...

YANCHAR: It's not just the animals... it's the planet itself.

SEIJI: The planet?

0:08:52
SEIJI: It's crying?

DAGARN: Seiji!

SEIJI: What is it?

DAGARN: Butcho has made landfall!

SEIJI: What does that jerk think he's doing?

BUTCHO: It's been quite a while. I knew you were with the Pest.

HOTARU: Please, stop this.

BUTCHO: Huh?

HOTARU: You're lying to yourself.

BUTCHO: Lying? About what?

HOTARU: You are a person who treasures life.

BUTCHO: Treasures life? Me? What are you talking about? I'm a cruel and unfeeling person! The most unfeeling person in the universe! I tried to use you, remember?

HOTARU: No. You aren't that sort of person.

BUTCHO: Wait a minute, here. I'm...

HOTARU: You're not. If you were, then why did you come down here? Why haven't you captured me, too?

BUTCHO: Well, y'know...

SEIJI: Darn! I've gotta stop this.

SEIJI: Da Garn! Open the hatch.

DAGARN: What are you going to do?

SEIJI: I'm going down there.

DAGARN: It would be dangerous to jump from this height.

SEIJI: We're above the ocean. I should be okay. Open the hatch!

SEIJI: Yes, sir!

0:10:26
SEIJI: Woah, that's high...

YANCHAR: Is he...

BISON: Boss!

PEGASUS: Commander!

YANCHAR: He really did it! Seven Changer! I'm going too!

SEVEN: Highness! I cannot risk you making the jump.

YANCHAR: I can't let him steal the spotlight! I'm going after that thing.

BUTCHO: Why d'you do this to me? I don't know why I feel this way around ya.

HOTARU: I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable. It's your own loneliness that you're feeling.

BUTCHO: It's true, I am lonely... maybe that's it...

HOTARU: Attune your ears to the sound of the wind. Hear the sounds of life all around you. The voice of life, luminous and shining.

BUTCHO: The voice of life?

SEIJI: Hotaru!

[Eyecatch]

SEIJI: Hurt one and they all feel it! Now I got a plan!

BUTCHO: Let go! Let go or we'll hurt this girl!

SEIJI: Don't you dare!

HOTARU: Stop it. We are all a part of life, living in the same universe. There is nothing to be gained from this fight.

SEIJI: I understand what you're trying to say, but... this guy's gonna do something nasty if I just let him go.

HOTARU: No, he won't. Isn't that right?

BUTCHO: W-Well...

BUTCHO: What's that!?

0:13:14
SEIJI: Yanchar!

SEVEN: Highness!

YANCHAR: 'mfine...

BUTCHO: Oh no!

BUTCHO: Let go 'a him!

SEIJI: No way!

YANCHAR: I did it!

SEVEN: Your Highness...

YANCHAR: How's it work? Aw, who cares!

YANCHAR: Where's the manual release switch!?

0:14:43
SEIJI: Get back here!

SEIJI: I got you now!

BUTCHO: Oh no!

BUTCHO: If you don't want to be crushed, you better let him go!

BISON: This is for trapping us!

BUTCHO: Curse you!

SEIJI: Wait up!

SEIJI: Rats...

SEIJI: Da Garn!

SEIJI: Let's go, Hotaru.

SEVEN: Well done, Your Highness.

0:15:37
YANCHAR: Right! Let's blow that thing to pieces!

SEVEN: Consider it done!

BUTCHO: Wh-What!?

SEIJI: We did it!

YANCHAR: This way, Seiji!

SEIJI: Where are you going, Yanchar!?

YANCHAR: We got a score to settle with Violetche!

SEIJI: Okay!

BUTCHO: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...

BUTCHO: Seven!? Oh no! We're missing one!

BUTCHO: Let's get on that ship!

0:17:08
VIOLETCHE: What did you say? That little toad went out on his own and got shot down?

PINKY: It looks like it.

VIOLETCHE: Can't expect more from a useless clod like that. With Seven Changer on their side, we'll need to a proper plan to take them out.

PINKY: Violetche!

VIOLETCHE: That's "Lord Violetche."

PINKY: Lord Violetche, look there!

VIOLETCHE: Oh my goodness!

SEIJI: Is that it? Hey, Hotaru, don't worry. We'll have you back home soon.

SEIJI: What wrong? Don't look at me like that! I get it, 'we are all a part of life.' But still...

DAGARN: Seiji, the enemy is here.

SEVEN: You handle this one. I'll take the carrier!

YANCHAR: We're coming for you, Violetche.

0:18:28
PINKY: They're here.

VIOLETCHE: The little shape-shifter has shown his true colors. Let's thank him for his trouble.

SEVEN: You think that's enough to take me down!?

VIOLETCHE: But there's no turning back from here.

YANCHAR: Ugh. Violetche's fighting dirty!

VIOLETCHE: Can't move forward, can't move back...

REDLONE: Fools! Two against one is a coward's game!

SEIJI: There's a lot of people living on Earth, too! We're doing this to protect them!

SEIJI: Keep going, Da Garn! We'll show them we're alive, and we're not backing down!

VIOLETCHE: Now, how about this?

YANCHAR: Seiji! I need you to back me up, here!

SEIJI: Yanchar!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Get around behind him! We're gonna take out Violetche's carrier!

BISON: Da Garn! Let's use the Triple Formation!

DAGARN: Right!

PINKY: Violetche!

VIOLETCHE: What is that!?

VIOLETCHE: It can't be!

PINKY: We have to get out of here!

REDLONE: You'll pay! I will have my revenge!

0:21:11
SEIJI: Hey, Violetche's getting away!

VIOLETCHE: It's him... help me!

PEGASUS: What was that?

SEVEN: Ohboss's right hand.

DAGARN: Right hand?

YANCHAR: So Ohboss has come.

SEIJI: What's that? You mean, Ohboss is nearby?

YANCHAR: Yes... this is the moment I've been waiting for!

HOTARU: It's beautiful!

SEIJI: It really is! It's great!

HOTARU: Those who share your planet's fate. Make your feelings as one with the planet. Make your wishes as one with the planet.

SEIJI: The Power of Legend, huh? Hey, Earth! You really got the Power of Legend down there!?

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: We defeated Violetche, which means we're ready to face Ohboss! But there's one last thing to take care of! Redlone wants to settle the score! He's got Seven Changer in a trap! Wait for me, Yanchar! I'll save you, man!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! Showdown With Red Geist! I'm not the only commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment