Sunday, March 17, 2013

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 38

This episode of Da Garn gives us a 12-year-old boy in a power suit fighting a jetpack-powered cyborg. Enjoy!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth!

SEIJI: Da Garn and the others totally blew up Violetche's carrier! It also turns out that Yanchar is a chosen commander, like me, but his planet was destroyed by Ohboss, who was looking for the Power of Legend. No one knows what the Power of Legend is, exactly. Our only clue is a legend that was passed down on Yanchar's home planet.

SEIJI: 'Those who share your planet's fate. Make your feelings as one with the planet.' What's it all supposed to mean!?

0:02:12
TITLE: Showdown with Red Geist

CYAN: Violetche. Lord Ohboss is enraged.

VIOLETCHE: Forgive me, please!

CYAN: You were defeated in battle, despite being one of his top commanders. You have lost track of Butcho and Redlone. You have only located one Reservoir...

VIOLETCHE: Forgive me!

PINKY: Forgive us!

MAN: Satellite radar has picked up an unidentified object on the outer limits of the solar system.

GENERAL: It's not an asteroid?

MAN: The readings aren't consistent with an asteroid, sir.

GENERAL: What's its course?

MAN: It's heading straight for Earth.

GENERAL: Straight for Earth!?

MAN: Estimating its current course, it should reach the Earth within sixty days.

GENERAL: Understood. Remain on full alert and continue observation!

MAN: Yes sir!

0:04:13
REDLONE: Stop. We do not need to assure them of our safety. I wish to remain missing in action.

REDLONE: We do not need to contact Lord Ohboss.

REDLONE: There is something I must do. I must finish Da Garn.

0:04:44
SEIJI: They're late. What are Hotaru and Yanchar up to? It's way past the time we agreed to meet...

NEMOTO: Hey, Seiji! Studying here at the library today?

SEIJI: Oh, just... just researching something!

NEMOTO: Just don't overload your brain!

SEIJI: I don't need your advice. Is it okay for you to be hanging around outside your police box?

NEMOTO: I'm out on public business. Haven't you heard? Lots of people are packing up and moving out of Midorigahama.

NEMOTO: After all the enemy robot attacks in the town, you know?

NEMOTO: They don't feel safe, so they're all running away.

NEMOTO: That's why they assigned me to handle the local registry! I gotta ride around to fill it out! Get it? I'm not just fooling around out here! I sure hope it doesn't become a ghost town, though...

SEIJI: If only I'd had more power...

0:05:54
SEIJI: You're late! If we were in school I'd make you stand out in the hallway!

HOTARU: I'm sorry. Where is Yanchar?

SEIJI: Like I'd know. C'mon, let's get inside.

SEIJI: 'The Secrets of the Universe' 'The Birth of the Milky Way.' 'Beyond The Solar System.' These might have some clues about Ohboss!

SEIJI: 'How the Earth Was Made'... that's great! That might have some clues about the Power of Legend!

SEIJI: Hey, this is right on! "Famous Detective Akechi Daigoro and the Man With 23 Faces." It could teach us some things about solving mysteries! And then... "Love Horoscopes!" Because if you can't figure something out, you can always ask the stars!

SEIJI: What's with you?

HOTARU: No, nothing.

SEIJI: I'm back! Come on in.

MISUZU: Welcome home!

SEIJI: Hey mom, you're still here? Come on in!

HOTARU: Thank you.

MISUZU: They sent everyone home for the day, so I have a little time to myself.

MISUZU: Oh, what a cute little visitor!

SEIJI: This is Sakurakouji Hotaru, from school.

HOTARU: Hello.

MISUZU: Make yourself at home. What are those books for?

SEIJI: We thought we'd do a little reading on outer space. For fun.

MISUZU: I see. Well, good luck.

SEIJI: But I never see you cook for yourself, mom.

MISUZU: I can cook for myself, at least. I'm sorry, Seiji dear, but our guest is upstairs. Would you wake him up?

SEIJI: Huh? We have a guest?

0:07:47
SEIJI: What the...

SEIJI: Yanchar...

YANCHAR: Ow!

SEIJI: YANCHAR!!

YANCHAR: What are you doing!? Let me go!

SEIJI: You jerk! You missed your meeting with us so you could take a nap in my mom's bed!?

YANCHAR: You're choking me! Your mom told me to take a nap up here!

SEIJI: I don't care! Even if mom lets you, I NEVER will!

YANCHAR: I'll show you!

MISUZU: Wait, you two! Just what do you think you're doing!?

MISUZU: Seiji!

MISUZU: Are you okay? Did he hurt you? I'm so sorry, dear.

SEIJI: CUT THAT OUT!

MISUZU: Seiji, Yanchar is MY guest here. Stop teasing him and be nice.

YANCHAR: Hear that, Seiji?

SEIJI: What?!

MISUZU: Now, let's go downstairs. I've made you a late breakfast.

SEIJI: Why that little...

0:09:24
SEIJI: This is great! You're an amazing cook, Seiji's mom!

MISUZU: Oh Yanchar! Is it really that good?

YANCHAR: Yeah! I've never had a breakfast this good before!

MISUZU: Really? No one's ever complimented my cooking before! You can eat just as much as you like!

YANCHAR: This is great!

SEIJI: What a suck-up. Mom's cooking isn't even that good.

HOTARU: Takasugi?

SEIJI: Throughout the Milky Way there are two hundred billion stars similar to our own sun.

MISUZU: You don't have to rush. Here, eat this, too. Ah!

SEIJI: Two hundred billion, it says! Wow, I bet this might help us figure out what Ohboss really is!

MISUZU: Now, go speak to your friends. If you missed an appointment with them, you need to apologize.

YANCHAR: I guess I do.

MISUZU: Seiji, try to get along now.

SEIJI: Fine.

YANCHAR: Hey, sorry about before. So, you get lotsa boring books?

SEIJI: If you don't like it, go home!

YANCHAR: You sure about that? I figured you'd need someone smart to help out.

SEIJI: Oh, please. Can you even read?

YANCHAR: I've got a different kind of smarts from you! Because my head's not full of useless crap.

SEIJI: What was that!? Big words from a guy who couldn't protect his own world! You can shut your big mouth!

YANCHAR: What was that!?

SEIJI: You wanna fight, you punk!?

SEIJI: And STAY out!

MISUZU: Seiji! What did you say to him? Wait, Yanchar!

MISUZU: Yanchar! Yanchar...

HIKARU: Good morning!

MISUZU: Hikaru dear, have you seen Yanchar?

HIKARU: What? Was he here?

MISUZU: Yes, he was... I don't know where he's gone.

HIKARU: Sakurakouji is here, too?

HOTARU: Takasugi. Go look for him.

SEIJI: Me? No way.

HOTARU: Yanchar is in danger.

SEIJI: Huh?

SEIJI: Wait a minute! Hotaru!

[Eyecatch]

YANCHAR: Stupid Seiji... it's not like I abandoned my planet on purpose...

REDLONE: This is Redlone. Do you read me, Seven Changer? This is the frequency you used to get in touch with us, so I'm certain that you hear me.

SEVEN: Redlone... what does he want with me?

REDLONE: Lead Da Garn to the cliff to the southwest of Midorigahama. I want to settle this, man to man. If you do as I ask, I will tell you a way to revive your own planet.

SEVEN: What? I kept my past a secret... how does he know about it?

REDLONE: If you want to know, then bring Da Garn to me. I know that you'll find a way.

SEVEN: Welcome back.

YANCHAR: Hey. You didn't go back? How are things here?

SEVEN: I just received a transmission from Redlone.

YANCHAR: From Redlone?

SEVEN: He asked me to lead Da Garn to him. He said that if I did, he would tell me a way to revive our planet.

YANCHAR: What!?

YANCHAR: That's an order! Hurry, Seven Changer! We don't need to get that Da Garn jerk involved in this! If Redlone's telling the truth, we're gonna get that secret from him, and bring our planet back!

SEVEN: Be careful, Your Highness. This could be a trap.

YANCHAR: If it is, we'll just break out of it! And if that secret's true we'll take it from him! But I never want to hear another word out of Seiji's stupid jerk mouth!

0:14:07
MISUZU: Yanchar!

HIKARU: What are those two doing?

SEVEN: Where are you, Redlone? Come out, Redlone!

REDLONE: Seven Changer! Where is Da Garn?

SEVEN: Da Garn isn't coming. I've come in his stead. You said that you knew a way to revive my home planet. Tell me what it is.

REDLONE: You broke our arrangement. I don't have to tell you anything.

SEVEN: Then I'll force the answer out of you!

REDLONE: You are free to try. You'll see how your power fares against my Red Geist.

0:15:17
SEIJI: That idiot. Could he have gone in here?

SEIJI: Red Geist and Seven Changer!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Move out! Red Geist is out! We need you here on the double!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

NEMOTO: Hey, wait!

0:16:13
SEVEN: Your Highness... are you alright?

YANCHAR: Ugh... how do we get outta this one!?

REDLONE: Seven Changer... you truly are a fool. You'll make me a fine hostage.

SEIJI: It's Seven Changer! Hurry, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Gaon! Time to combine!

0:17:04
REDLONE: So, there you are.

DAGARN: Combine! Great Da Garn GX!

REDLONE: I've been waiting for this. Da Garn, my long-nurtured grudge will finally know relief!

DAGARN: Is it a fight with me you wanted? Then release Seven Changer!

REDLONE: No. This is a one-on-one battle. I'm keeping a hostage to make sure you don't call your friends. If you do, I will kill him!

REDLONE: I'll have to finish things with him, too.

REDLONE: I'll be leaving this battle to you. I've programmed your artificial intelligence with my own battle patterns. Follow the directives I've provided.

SEIJI: Darn. I've gotta figure out how to save Yanchar's stupid butt...

SEIJI: Redlone!

REDLONE: I'll finish things with you at last!

REDLONE: You'll never escape me!

REDLONE: If you call for your allies, I will kill Seven Changer.

YANCHAR: We gotta do something, Seven Changer! He's gonna kill that idiot! Why's he have to poke his nose into everything!?

SEVEN: I know... I know that, but...

0:20:15
YANCHAR: Seven Changer! Hurry, now's our chance!

REDLONE: What!?

YANCHAR: Take this! Now we're even!

YANCHAR: Seiji, call your allies and let's beat this guy!

SEIJI: Right!

SEIJI: Sabers! Landers! We gotta beat Red Geist! Come here, quick!

REDLONE: How dare you foil my plans! Red Geist!

REDLONE: I'll slaughter anyone who gets in my way!

REDLONE: You can't run from me...

PEGASUS: That's enough, Redlone!

BISON: Prepare to die!

DAGARN: There's nowhere left for you to run!

PEGASUS: Did we get him?

0:21:34
SEIJI: The town!

REDLONE: Da Garn! Do not underestimate the power of Red Geist. It was created especially to do battle with you!

DAGARN: Stay on your guard.

SEVEN: What is it?

REDLONE: Cyan! Curses. At the worst possible time...

BISON: He disappeared!

SEVEN: It's him again... Ohboss's right hand.

DAGARN: Are they preparing to begin their assault on Earth?

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: My town's been declared a disaster zone! The townspeople have been told to evacuate in case of another Ohboss attack! It's pathetic that I just gotta run like this! What's that!? The Ringmaster's running off with Hotaru!? Get back here! You're not getting away from me!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! 'Big Lander Abducted'. I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment