Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 42

In this episode: Seiji's dad has a philosophical debate with entropy itself, something incredibly awesome happens, and the ED song is the most inappropriate it's ever been.

(Also, I take five months waffling on how to finalize an episode because of a stupid old man joke. It's a really important stupid old man joke, okay?)

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My name's Takasugi Seiji, and I'm in 6th grade! I'm the commander of the Brave Fighters who protect the Earth!

SEIJI: Things are getting really bad, here. We've been captured by that saucer guy who came to Australia looking for a Reservoir! He says Ohboss ordered him to take us back to the enemy base! It turns out what Ohboss is really after is the Power of Legend hidden here on Earth. He thinks he can steal that power away from us, but... hah! It's not gonna be that easy! We got captured on purpose! You just wait... we're gonna pay you back for this!

0:02:12
TITLE: Emerge, Power of Legend!

YANCHAR: That's the planet! Follow them, Seven Changer!

SEVEN: I will!

BIG: Sabers in South American! Can you read me?

HAWK: We read you!

BIG: Da Garn and the boss have been taken by the enemy!

HAWK: What!?

BIG: Come here right away!

HAWK: Roger!

MAN: The saucer should re-emerge near the planet! Turn all nearby military satellite cameras in that direction! Hurry!

NEWSCASTER: Has humanity ever had to face anything like this in its history? Cataclysmic storm surge is occurring in areas throughout the world! This is thought to be related to the black planet that has recently appeared in the sky! For what purpose have these aliens appeared on our planet!? Investigations are ongoing, but we still have no answer to this mystery!

HARUO: We're done for! The time has come for us selfish humans to atone for all we've done...

TSUKUSHI: Don't worry. Don't worry now, papa. I'm sure Mr. Da Garn will save us.

HARUO: Misuzu?

TSUKUSHI: Are you going somewhere?

MISUZU: I'm going to Australia to see my husband and my son.

0:03:42
SEIJI: It's... it's huge...

SEIJI: Colonel, there's no way we can do this. We can't have peace talks with this thing!

TAKASUGI: We won't know without trying.

SEIJI: We DO know without trying! Fighting is all we can do with these guys!

TAKASUGI: No. This is how I fight.

SEIJI: You're so darn stubborn...

0:04:13
TAKASUGI: They say a tadpole is a frog's son.

SEIJI: Huh?

TAKASUGI: If a frog does not live its life to the fullest, then the tadpole will never know what to do with itself.

SEIJI: Look, what do frogs have to do with any of this?

TAKASUGI: It's just a saying I remembered.

0:05:10
SEIJI: Violetche!

VIOLETCHE: It's been some time, Da Garn. I'll be showing you our finest hospitality.

VIOLETCHE: Now, Da Garn... tell me everything you know about the Power of Legend.

TAKASUGI: So they really are after the Power of Legend?

SEIJI: Are you okay, Da Garn!?

DAGARN: I believe I can bear it.

TAKASUGI: Is there any way that we can be heard out there?

SEIJI: What are you going to do?

TAKASUGI: I'll think of something.

VIOLETCHE: If you know what's good for you, you'll tell me all you know.

TAKASUGI: Stop it! If you damage this robot any further, the Power of Legend will never appear!

SEIJI: Colonel, is that true!?

TAKASUGI: No, I just made it up. But look.

VIOLETCHE: Come out of there. I'll hear what you have to say.

TAKASUGI: First, we have to get them talking to us. That's when you begin negotiations.

SEIJI: I get it. Okay, Da Garn, I'm going out! Open the hatch!

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

TAKASUGI: Wait, you can't do it. Let me go!

SEIJI: Da Garn, don't let the Colonel out!

TAKASUGI: Wait!

VIOLETCHE: Well, well. We meet again.

SEIJI: When push comes to shove, the big shots come out.

VIOLETCHE: That wasn't the voice I heard earlier.

SEIJI: Talking through the speakers does weird things to my voice, see?

VIOLETCHE: You're saying you know how to activate the Power of Legend?

SEIJI: Of course I do! "Make your feelings as one with the planet. Make your wishes as one with the planet. Let the golden light be gathered, that a new path shall open." That's how you activate the Power of Legend.

VIOLETCHE: A golden light, you say?

0:07:24
YANCHAR: Hang tight, Seiji!

BIG: Thanks for the help! You can let go now!

CYAN: Tell us more.

SEIJI: Like I'm gonna talk to a grunt like you! Bring out Ohboss! I wanna talk to him!

VIOLETCHE: Don't be a fool. As if Lord Ohboss would deign to speak to a creature like you.

SEIJI: Hold it! If you lay one hand on me, I'll release the Power of Legend and blow you to bits!

VIOLETCHE: You little liar. And just where will that power come from?

SEIJI: Where? From the Earth, of course!

CYAN: What connection exists between your planet and yourself?

SEIJI: What connection? It's a deep... deep connection that can never be broken!

CYAN: Explain in detail.

SEIJI: Over the course of a couple billion years, birds and beasts and fish and humans... all kinds of life were born on the Earth. That's why the Earth protects us, and why I was chosen to protect it, and why Da Garn was created to protect it. And, so, you know...

VIOLETCHE: I don't even know what you're talking about.

SEIJI: Anyway, the planet belongs to US! We're not gonna let outsiders like YOU destroy it!

CYAN: You are wrong.

CYAN: This universe is the property of Lord Ohboss. You are nothing but an incidental byproduct of one small planet within it.

SEIJI: An incidental byproduct!?

CYAN: To believe the Earth belongs to you is offensively presumptuous.

CYAN: Show me the Power of Legend.

TAKASUGI: Da Garn, please, let me go!

DAGARN: I have been ordered to keep you here.

TAKASUGI: At this rate, your commander will die! Can you live with that!? I'm the only one who can save your commander now! Please! Let me out of here!

TAKASUGI: That's enough!

VIOLETCHE: You're...

TAKASUGI: Takasugi Koichiro, Colonel in the Global Defense Organization's armed forces.

0:10:17
SEIJI: Why... why did you come out!? They'll kill you!

TAKASUGI: "The way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death." Those are the words of the master swordsman, Miyamoto Musashi.

SEIJI: What are you talking about! This is suicide!

TAKASUGI: No, Musashi lived to the ripe old age of 62. It is a question of how you live that life.

VIOLETCHE: Wait a moment, now. What nonsense are you spewing?

TAKASUGI: You don't even know Miyamoto Musashi? You are truly ignorant.

VIOLETCHE: Listen, you. You may be attractive, but that will only get you so far.

TAKASUGI: Attractive? An unpleasant compliment, coming from another man.

VIOLETCHE: I beg your pardon!

VIOLETCHE: What are you doing?

TAKASUGI: When I bring these fingers together, the Power of Legend will emerge.

TAKASUGI: I don't wish to speak with you. Bring forth Ohboss!

VIOLETCHE: You are bluffing!

TAKASUGI: I am not bluffing.

0:11:28
VIOLETCHE: It WAS a bluff, after all!

TAKASUGI: It was not a bluff. It was a joke.

TAKASUGI: I thought you could use some... "joie de V."

SEIJI: Oh god, you idiot. The future of the world is at stake, here!

0:11:50
SEIJI: My head's splitting in two...

VIOLETCHE: Who is the source of this crude laughter?

CYAN: Lord Ohboss!

SEIJI: Ohboss!?

[Eyecatch]

HIKARU: I hope Seiji and his dad are okay.

BUTCHO: Like I was saying, we should've made a run for it.

BUTCHO: Ah! A lucky tea stalk! I got a lucky tea stalk! That means Seiji and th' Colonel will come back safe!

BUTCHO: What do I do?

HIKARU: Sakurakouji!

HIKARU: Sakurakouji!

HIKARU: Seiji...

BUTCHO: What's with this uneasy atmosphere?

SHUTTLE: Shuttle Blast!

HAWK: Hawk Darts!

BIG: Rats! There's no end to 'em!

PINKY: This is my best chance to achieve something in the eyes of Lord Ohboss!

REDLONE: Seven Changer... prepare for your punishment, traitor!

0:13:50
OHBOSS: As a gift for making me laugh, I will deign to speak with you.

VIOLETCHE: My Lord, these simple fools are not worthy to speak with--

OHBOSS: Those around me are all humorless fools.

TAKASUGI: Tell us why you seek the Power of Legend! Depending on your answer, we might just give it to you!

MAN: Mrs. Takasugi, you'll be able to see the Colonel soon.

0:14:42
OHBOSS: To ease my boredom.

TAKASUGI: Boredom?

OHBOSS: As I travel the universe destroying planet after planet, I have reached the limit of corporeal experience. The pursuit of the Power of Legend is the one joy that remains to me.

SEIJI: That's the only reason...?

TAKASUGI: So after you devour all planets, steal all life in the name of your grand obsession, then nothing will remain! You don't see anything wrong with that?!

OHBOSS: Why should I?

TAKASUGI: What!?

OHBOSS: I am the universe itself. Some day I will absorb all energy in the universe. Then, there will be eternal silence and peace. That is the law of this universe.

TAKASUGI: You're wrong!

0:15:47
YANCHAR: Forget the little guys! Let's head for Planet Ohboss!

SEVEN: Understood!

GENERAL: Can't you get a clearer image?

MAN: This is the best we have.

GENERAL: What's going on out there?

TAKASUGI: I have a son. He is still a young boy, but he possesses infinite potential. The universe brings forth various life forms, and those life forms explore their various potentials. This process has continued from the past to the present, and will continue on into the future.

SEIJI: Dad...

TAKASUGI: This phenomenon that spans time and space is the true law of the universe! Each planet, each life is a universe in itself! You, who creates nothing, who merely consumes planets, are nothing more than a slave to obsession!

SEIJI: Not this again...

0:17:04
TSUKUSHI: What a frightening sky...

HARUO: Yes, it is...

MAID: Begone, evil demons! Begone, evil demons!

OHBOSS: In time, all stars will burn out their life, and all matter will be destroyed. I am merely speeding up that process. Now, give me the Power of Legend.

TAKASUGI: I refuse! We must protect our own universe!

OHBOSS: Cyan.

TAKASUGI: Wait, Ohboss!

CYAN: Ohboss is now gone.

MISUZU: Darling! Seiji!

MAN: What happened?

0:18:08
HIKARU: Seiji...

YANCHAR: I don't like this.

SEVEN: Don't worry. We can handle them.

YANCHAR: No! I mean with Seiji and his dad!

CYAN: What's wrong? Why will you not produce the Power of Legend?

CYAN: He's growing more powerful...

CYAN: What!?

CYAN: So these two are the source of your power after all.

DAGARN: What!?

HOTARU: Save us...

MISUZU: Please... someone...

CYAN: Now, show me the Power of Legend!

SEIJI: Colonel!

SEIJI: Colonel!

TAKASUGI: Seiji, stay away!

SEIJI: Dad... you knew?

TAKASUGI: Seiji! You need to get out of here!

SEIJI: How am I supposed to do that!? You've got to come with me, dad!

DAGARN: Seiji...

SEIJI: Darn you!

TAKASUGI: Stay back! If you don't go back, then who will protect Earth!?

TAKASUGI: I need you to get out of here without me, in order to protect the Earth!

SEIJI: How can I...

YANCHAR: Seiji!

JUMBO: Captain!

BIG: Boss!

TSUKUSHI: Please...

HIKARU: Please... someone, save Seiji!

DAGARN: Seiji. Get inside, quickly.

SEIJI: But dad's...

DAGARN: Hurry!

CYAN: Now, show me! Show me the Power of Legend!

SEIJI: Dad...

SEIJI: DAD!!

0:21:58
REDLONE: What is this!?

PINKY: This is...

YANCHAR: The... the light from the legend...

SEIJI: What just happened?

SEIJI: Dad!

SEIJI: Dad!!

SEIJI: DAD!!!

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Crap! Who cares about being a commander and protecting the Earth!? What good am I if I can't even protect my own dad!? I know everyone wants to encourage me, but I'm through! I never had what it takes to be commander!

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend, Da Garn! 'Your Orders, Commander!' I quit being commander, here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment