Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 44

In this episode, we bid a final farewell to a pair of persistent Ohboss generals. Yet it's not the end you might expect. Right to the end, Da Garn continues to throw in twists and turns that are not quite the expected tropes, nor are they completely out of the realm of expectation, while still managing to use those developments to continually reinforce the show's thematic whole. Genre writing at its finest.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: My dad was taken hostage by Planet Ohboss! We were able to activate a little bit of the Power of Legend, but all it did was get me and Da Garn out of there! I'm not giving up, though! I'm gonna ride out anything they throw at me, and I WILL save my dad! No matter how crazy Ohboss is, I'm not gonna lose to him! I've got mom and Hikaru and Yanchar, and all the people of Earth behind me! Besides, there seems to be some discord in the enemy camp... I can use this to my advantage!

0:02:12
TITLE: Showdown on Planet Ohboss

BUTCHO: This is bad!

SEIJI: What's this all about!?

HIKARU: Did something happen to Sakurakouji!?

BUTCHO: You'll see when you get there!

SEIJI: Violetche!

VIOLETCHE: What do you people want?

HIKARU: Pin... ky?

SEIJI: Hotaru! What are they doing here?!

HOTARU: I met them... on the stairs. They were both... gravely injured.

YANCHAR: What are you doing!? Don't you know what these guys have done!?

VIOLETCHE: What is the meaning of this? I told you I wanted to speak to the Pest.

BUTCHO: I know! That's why I brought him!

PINKY: This idiot is the Pest?

SEIJI: Did you call me an idiot!?

PINKY: What are you looking at?

HOTARU: You need to relax.

MAID: I have prepared for thee a special salve of the Sakurakouji family.

PINKY: No... don't touch me. Leave me alone.

HIKARU: Why not? She's just trying to help!

PINKY: I don't care.

MISUZU: Where did these wrinkles come from?

PINKY: Don't look at me. I don't want your pity. How could any of you understand what it feels like for a woman to live in this body?

HOTARU: It isn't pity.

HOTARU: It's just because we all live in the same universe.

MISUZU: That's right. It's our responsibility to look after each other. Please, allow her to treat you.

VIOLETCHE: She's right. Why not let her apply the medicine?

0:04:19
SEIJI: What do you want from me? Start talking fast.

YANCHAR: There's no point in talking to these guys!

SEIJI: No. They made a point to see us even though they were injured. Whatever this is, it's serious.

VIOLETCHE: I wish to make a deal.

YANCHAR: A deal!?

VIOLETCHE: Yes. In exchange for Colonel Takasugi.

SEIJI: What?!

VIOLETCHE: You want to save him, don't you?

SEIJI: You mean, he's alive?

VIOLETCHE: Yes, he's on that planet. If you want to save him, I'll help you.

VIOLETCHE: In exchange, you will take us to Lord Ohboss... no, to Planet Ohboss.

YANCHAR: If you wanna go back, why not go back yourself!?

SEIJI: Wait a minute, Yanchar. Cyan shot them down. I saw it myself.

VIOLETCHE: That's right. Ohboss betrayed us.

BUTCHO: Betrayed you!?

VIOLETCHE: Unlike you.

SEIJI: But if Ohboss betrayed you, why do you want to go back to him?

VIOLETCHE: I... can't tell you that.

YANCHAR: Idiot! How are we supposed to trust you then!?

VIOLETCHE: It's your choice to believe me or not. But it's in your best interest to take us along. I know where Colonel Takasugi is being held.

0:05:50
SEIJI: Da Garn, come here! We're all heading for Planet Ohboss together!

DAGARN: But Officer Nemoto is washing me at the moment.

SEIJI: Don't sweat it. Say hello to Mr. Nemoto, combine, then get over here.

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

NEMOTO: Hey, were you talking just now?

DAGARN: Officer Nemoto.

NEMOTO: What!? You really did talk!

DAGARN: Please, do not be afraid. I am Da Garn.

NEMOTO: D-D-Da Garn!? It can't be!

0:06:40
DAGARN: Combine! Great Da Garn GX!

NEMOTO: NO WAY!!

NEMOTO: This isn't a dream!

DAGARN: I'm truly sorry for deceiving you, and for all I put you through.

NEMOTO: You haven't put me through anything! After all you've done to protect the Earth, I'm truly humbled to meet you! Sir!

DAGARN: Forgive me, but I need to move out again now.

NEMOTO: You mean... you're facing off against Ohboss!?

DAGARN: I may be gone for quite some time. But I look forward to working with you in the future.

NEMOTO: Yes sir! Good luck, sir!

NEMOTO: That's it! My patrol car was Da Garn this whole time! Yeah! Just wait until I tell Seiji! He won't believe it!

0:08:01
SEIJI: Mom... I swear I'll bring dad back safe.

SEIJI: Okay, everyone! We're moving out!

ROBOTS: Yes, sir!

MISUZU: Seiji... your mother believes in you.

HIKARU: Seiji... good luck.

OHBOSS: Our objective is to analyze the particular energy that fired from Earth when the Power of Legend activated. Do not do anything foolish.

0:09:00
SEIJI: Wait... is that Mars?

SEIJI: I'm further from Earth than anyone's ever been before!

VIOLETCHE: It's in sight... there.

YANCHAR: Seiji, that's Planet Ohboss!

SEIJI: I know.

PEGASUS: What's going on? We're not meeting any resistance.

BISON: Guess they're all taking a nap! Droolin' like little babies!

YANCHAR: Seiji... doesn't this feel like a trap to you?

SEIJI: What's going on?

VIOLETCHE: I couldn't say. Maybe he's just not aware of our approach?

SEIJI: Tell me where dad is.

VIOLETCHE: From this angle, it would be close to that rightmost tower.

SEVEN: Your Highness, I have a bad feeling about this.

YANCHAR: We've come this far. Follow them!

VIOLETCHE: What's that? The hatch is open!

0:10:38
YANCHAR: This is fishy... definitely fishy. Seiji, this is a trap!

VIOLETCHE: It isn't! I don't know anything about it. I don't know why Ohboss isn't aware of you yet...

PINKY: This is why I didn't want to betray Lord Ohboss.

VIOLETCHE: How could you say that? I did this all for y--

SEIJI: What are you talking about?

VIOLETCHE: Ohboss was conferring her with energy to preserve her youth. She needs that energy in order to keep living, as well.

SEIJI: I see. So that's why you wanted to come back here?

PINKY: This isn't going to end well.

SEIJI: Where is my dad?

VIOLETCHE: There. Beyond that pillar.

SEIJI: Okay, we got this! I'm gonna save dad and get your energy back, too!

SEIJI: We have a saying: 'you'd do the same for me'.

PINKY: I'm not counting on you.

SEIJI: Try to be a little honest, at least. You really hurt me and Hikaru by betraying us. But remember what Hotaru said? We all live in the same universe. Right now, that's the most important thing.

SEIJI: We're going in!

[Eyecatch]

YANCHAR: Hey! Where are you going? It's dangerous!

SEIJI: Isn't it obvious? We're saving my dad.

SEVEN: Highness. What should we do?

YANCHAR: No choice, I guess.

SEVEN: Seiji, are you sure about this?

SEIJI: Like they say, "nothing dentured, nothing caned!"

YANCHAR: What's that supposed to mean?

SEIJI: It means we keep going.

SEIJI: Everyone, wait here until we come back!

ROBOTS: Yes sir!

YANCHAR: You too, Seven Changer!

SEVEN: Understood!

BISON: Be careful, boss!

PINKY: What's the point of trusting anyone? Lord Ohboss knows we're here. What is this 'we all live in the same universe' crap?

YANCHAR: Doesn't it feel like we're being watched to you?

SEIJI: We'll be fine. If this was a trap, they'd have captured us already. Which means Ohboss doesn't know we're here.

VIOLETCHE: I certainly hope you're right.

SEIJI: Which way?

VIOLETCHE: There's a staircase at the end of the hall. Just go down that.

SEIJI: Okay... dad! I'm coming to save you!

YANCHAR: Hey, they're gone! This is why I told you not to trust them!

DAGARN: Oh no!

SEVEN: Darn it!

0:14:02
TAKASUGI: Seiji?

SEIJI: Dad?

SEIJI: Dad!

SEIJI: I'm so glad... you're safe!

YANCHAR: What are you doing!? We're trapped in here! Seven Changer! Huh? Hey, Seven Changer!

SEIJI: Da Garn, I found dad! Come here quick! Hey, Da Garn!

SEIJI: Da Garn!

YANCHAR: Seven Changer!

SEIJI: Ohboss!

OHBOSS: What a touching reunion.

TAKASUGI: You! Do you intend to toy with us further!?

OHBOSS: I do. Your presence here is no hindrance to me. Today at last, I will have the Power of Legend.

OHBOSS: Bring forth the Power of Legend.

PINKY: Why do you have that key?

VIOLETCHE: I stole it before I came to save you.

PINKY: I like this.

VIOLETCHE: We live in the same universe, eh?

VIOLETCHE: Quickly, while Ohboss is distracted! Go inside!

0:15:56
OHBOSS: Well? Will you produce the Power of Legend or not?

VIOLETCHE: I'm restoring your transformation power, as well.

OHBOSS: Violetche. What are you doing there?

VIOLETCHE: Lord Ohboss... no, Ohboss! Don't interfere... if you do, I'll release all of the energy you've stored up!

OHBOSS: You traitor... remove your hand from that lever at once.

VIOLETCHE: Now! Leave this to me and hurry to the escape pod! You should have all the energy you need!

PINKY: But what about you!?

VIOLETCHE: Don't worry about me! Just go!

PINKY: Why did you do this?

VIOLETCHE: You may not understand it yet, but I know very well what those children meant about living in the same universe...

VIOLETCHE: Ohboss is a monster... a monster living in another dimension than we do.

OHBOSS: How dare you! Do you intend to anger me!?

VIOLETCHE: Living in the same universe... means breathing the same air, feeling the same soft wind in our faces... crying, and laughing together... isn't that right? I would have liked to live such a life with you a little bit longer...

VIOLETCHE: Now, hurry! Get yourself off this planet!

VIOLETCHE: Release Da Garn and the others, as well! Release them!

OHBOSS: How dare you!

VIOLETCHE: Are you releasing them, or not!?

OHBOSS: Don't.

YANCHAR: What just happened?

SEIJI: I think we're saved. Pinky!

PINKY: Listen, you. You have to save Violetche.

YANCHAR: Are you kidding!? After he tricked us all!?

PINKY: He didn't! No... Violetche saved you all!

YANCHAR: What!?

SEIJI: Where is Violetche now?

0:18:43
VIOLETCHE: Stop it! I'll pull the lever!

OHBOSS: You fool. Did you really think you could finish me with that pathetic little lever? I have demolished the circuitry. Your punishment for the trouble you put me through will be severe.

PINKY: Violetche! Violetche! It can't be...

PINKY: Violetche!

VIOLETCHE: Fool. Why did you return here?

SEIJI: Pinky! Get in here!

PINKY: No. I think we're even, now. We're taking the escape pod out of here. You lot ought to get out of here, too!

SEIJI: Pinky...

TAKASUGI: She's right. We should get out of here quickly.

OHBOSS: You will pay! YOU WILL PAY!

0:20:57
SEIJI: I think you should be safe here.

PINKY: Thank you. I guess I'm still in your debt, in the end.

YANCHAR: No one's keeping score, here. Ohboss is our common enemy. I think you get that now!

SEIJI: Pinky... what are you going to do now?

PINKY: I'm not sure just yet... but I think I'm going to learn from you, and try to live honestly.

SEIJI: You're going?

PINKY: Yes... I don't have the kind of power you do. But as someone living in the same universe, I'll be praying for your victory.

YANCHAR: You jerk! Stay here and fight with us!

TAKASUGI: Leave her be. Let her find her own path.

SEIJI: Yeah. Knowing she's praying for us is enough.

PINKY: In order to defeat Ohboss, you'll need that Power of Legend. Don't let him take it. Before he takes it, you must end him.

SEIJI: I understand. I promise, we'll win.

PINKY: I suppose this is where we part ways... silly boy.

SEIJI: The Power of Legend, huh?

TAKASUGI: You must believe, Seiji. If you do, the power will show itself.

[Ending Theme]
Walking barefoot through the jungle
I flipped a switch
And all the giraffes and pretty girls
Linked arms in a dance routine
All the rules and manners my mother taught me...
Wah ha ha, blown away!
This is a paradise of the heart, not the head
Tomorrow will surely be 'hallelujah!'
So you've got to keep on winning
The sky and the sea are 'papaya!'
And I'll always love you


SEIJI: Ohboss has launched his all-out attack on Earth. He's tapped four Reservoir one by one, and the Earth is ripping apart! In order to stop it, I've sent the Sabers and Landers all over the world! But... there's just one Reservoir left! Where could it be!?

SEIJI: Next time, on Brave Fighter of Legend Da Garn! The Earth's Darkest Hour! I'm the commander, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment