Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Translation: Densetsu no Yuusha Da Garn, Episode 46 (Final)

Without further ado, I present the final episode of Da Garn. This is two years or eight years in the making, depending on where you start counting -- I made an abortive attempt to translate the series in 2005 that petered off around episode 17, then started back from scratch in July of 2011. The first time was cut short due to a lack of skill on my part, while the second just got dragged out due to general life happenings. As any creator can attest, even projects that you love can end up set on the back burner when the deadline is "whenever I feel like it."

Even so, I hope you'll find it worth the wait. I know that I have.

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future


SEIJI: Ohboss has begun his final all-out attack on the Earth. He's hit the four Reservoirs at Africa, South America, Tibet, and Australia, and the land is starting to break apart! The Sabers and Landers have flown to each of those places trying to stop the fissuring. Da Garn and Seven Changer are all I've got left, and there's no way we're enough to stop Ohboss! But... I believe that if the hearts of the Earth and of all living beings unite, it will activate the Power of Legend! There's no way I'm gonna give up! Because... I believe in the future!

0:02:12
TITLE: To the Future of the Wind

MISUZU: To everyone watching this... it is your hearts that will save the Earth in its time of crisis. It is our hearts that will save this planet, our Earth! We must transcend borders and believe in the Earth! We must believe in the Power of Legend! Until now, we have lived only for ourselves. We have neglected the Earth that is our mother. Now, we must all unite our hearts. We must make our feelings as one, make our wishes as one!

MISUZU: I will say it one more time. 'Those who share your planet's fate. Make your feelings as one with the planet. Make your wishes as one with the planet. Let the golden light be gathered, that a new path shall open.' Those are the words of the legend.

0:03:36
DRILL: I'll seal this stupid thing if it costs me my life!

MACH: We can't let the Earth be torn in half!

HOTARU: The Genko Temple...

HIKARU: Sakurakouji!

BUTCHO: Where are you going!?

0:04:15
BUTCHO: This is th' temple you want, right?

HARUO: Wait a minute! That place is dangerous!

NEMOTO: What's going on, here!?

TSUKUSHI: I don't know!

YANCHAR: What are you doing, Seven Changer!?

SEVEN: Your Highness... it's too dangerous here. You need to evacuate.

YANCHAR: Stop wasting time talking and attack!

SEVEN: But...

SEVEN: Your Highness! Evacuate!

YANCHAR: What are you talkin' about!? You and I are--

SEVEN: My role is to protect Your Highness! I can't allow you to get dragged into this!

YANCHAR: Stop it! Hey! What are you doing!? Can't you hear my orders!?

HARUO: Who's that?

TSUKUSHI: My! Was there a boy in that robot?

YANCHAR: Seven Changer! Get back here!

SEVEN: Forgive me, my prince.

REDLONE: A pathetic attempt!

YANCHAR: Dammit!

HIKARU: Yanchar!

0:05:56
YANCHAR: What are you people doing!? This place is dangerous! There's a Reservoir right here!

BUTCHO: Hey! It's Da Garn!

0:06:07
SEIJI: Seven Changer's been...

REDLONE: So he's finally here. Which means I'm finished with you.

REDLONE: Die!

YANCHAR: Seven Changer!

SEVEN: Your Highness... don't worry. I am not... dead yet.

SEIJI: Da Garn! Give Seven Changer some of your energy!

DAGARN: Yes, sir.

REDLONE: Worry about your own life, first!

CYAN: You fool. Keep your hands off of him.

0:07:03
SEIJI: Da Garn! Are you okay?

DAGARN: Yes, I'm fine.

YANCHAR: Seiji! Look alive!

YANCHAR: Seiji! It turns out the last Reservoir is here. Seven Changer's in trouble, too... if you lose now, what's going to happen to the Earth... to the universe!?

HIKARU: Don't worry. Seiji won't lose!

YANCHAR: But...

NEMOTO: Seiji... are you saying Seiji is in Da Garn!?

HIKARU: Seiji! Right now, your mom is broadcasting the words of the legend to everyone in the whole world! That means the whole Earth is rooting for you and Da Garn!

SEIJI: Mom is? I see... okay, Da Garn! Let's not make their prayers be in vain!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

CYAN: That's right... come at me, Da Garn. Lay the Power of Legend at the feet of Lord Ohboss...

DAGARN: Great Bomber!

CYAN: Redlone. I leave him to you. Do not kill him.

0:08:46
BUTCHO: Oh no! That's a Reservoir activator!

BUTCHO: This's bad!

YANCHAR: Darn it!

DAGARN: Oh no!

REDLONE: Fool... you're not going anywhere!

REDLONE: Allow my beloved Red Geist to show you just what a useless trash robot you are! It will be a lesson in aesthetics!

YANCHAR: Seiji! Seven Changer! How long are you gonna lie around!? Stand up! Stand up and help Da Garn! You gotta beat that guy! Get him back for what he did!

HOTARU: 'Those who share your planet's fate. Make your feelings as one with the planet.'

ALL: 'Make your wishes as one with the planet.'

0:10:05
CYAN: Now come to me, Power of Legend...

CYAN: What!?

BUTCHO: Watch me, Hotaru! I'mma stop this guy m'self!

HIKARU: Ringmaster!

BUTCHO: I'm still a man! I do what's gotta be done!

BUTCHO: Fire! Fire!

BUTCHO: It stopped! I did it!

CYAN: How dare you.

HIKARU: Ringmaster!!

REDLONE: It's over. Da Garn, it's time for your to die!

REDLONE: Silence! The Power of Legend didn't appear! Da Garn! Prepare yourself!

SEVEN: Wait! This planet... no, this universe... does not belong to you alone! You will pay for what you've done!!

YANCHAR: Seven Changer!

SEVEN: Da Garn... please, protect this world!

REDLONE: Why won't you die already!?

SEVEN: Seiji... take care of my prince...

SEIJI: Seven Changer!

REDLONE: You have still lost! I have won! I HAVE WON!

YANCHAR: SEVEN CHANGER!!

[Eyecatch]

DAGARN: Seven Changer!

YANCHAR: No... it can't be! Seven Changer!

SEIJI: Da Garn, stop it! We have to destroy that device or everyone will die!

DAGARN: Yes sir!

CYAN: Fool! This is your last chance to bring forth the Power of Legend, or else you will die. You should be grateful I have not killed you yet.

SEIJI: Da Garn! Hang in there!

DAGARN: Seiji... I don't think I can...

SEIJI: Don't wuss out on me, Da Garn! I believe... I still believe!!

HIKARU: Save us... if there really is a Power of Legend out there... please save us!

0:13:55
TAKASUGI: I believe in the Earth, as well...

MISUZU: Please, Power of Legend... protect the Earth!

0:14:35
SEIJI: I hear it... Da Garn, do you hear that?

DAGARN: I do... the voices of people... the animals, the trees...

SEIJI: It's the Earth! The voices of all beings living on the Earth!

0:15:14
BIG: Hey... this energy...

MACH: It's calling us...

DRILL: It's filling us up!

TURBO: Our mother's voice...

SHUTTLE: A guiding voice!

YANCHAR: It's the golden light!

HOTARU: 'Let the golden light be gathered, that a new path shall open.'

CYAN: What!?

DAGARN: Seiji...

SEIJI: I hear you... it's time.

SEIJI: Da Garn... let's head for Planet Ohboss. Move out!

DAGARN: Yes, sir!

0:16:46
SEIJI: Ohboss! Get out here!

OHBOSS: Fool. You are already inside of me.

OHBOSS: Now, let us see how that power of yours tastes...

SEIJI: Ohboss! The Power of Legend isn't something you can obtain!

OHBOSS: How do you know?

SEIJI: This power... is the proof of the life of the Earth and all living things!

OHBOSS: Then kill me, if you can. To die in contact with the Power of Legend would be most satisfactory.

SEIJI: What did you say!?

0:17:35
OHBOSS: So this is how the Power of Legend feels...

OHBOSS: The Power of Legend is mine!

SEIJI: Da Garn! Keep going!

SEIJI: This power is the light that will open our future!

DAGARN: GX Buster!

SEIJI: Did we do it?

0:18:30
OHBOSS: Your future will be eternal silence! I will give you a future of darkness!

SEIJI: Yeah, right... I believe in tomorrow. Because tomorrow... is what we make of it!!

OHBOSS: Is this what will kill me?

PINKY: He did it, didn't he!

0:19:48
YANCHAR: He did it! That crazy Seiji guy won!

HIKARU: Really? Seiji really won?

BUTCHO: He sure did it! We really won!

HIKARU: Ringmaster!

BUTCHO: Looks like I'm the only one left.

HIKARU: No way!

YANCHAR: Father... mother... we finally did it!

NEMOTO: MY PATROL CAR!

HIKARU: Where's Seiji!?

HOTARU: There!

0:20:34
DAGARN: Seiji... Seiji...

DAGARN: Don't worry. I'm using the last of my energy to protect you. We will be going to sleep once more.

SEIJI: Then...

DAGARN: Yes. This is goodbye.

SEIJI: It can't be!

DAGARN: Our mission is at an end. All that remains is for you to forge your own path.

SEIJI: A new path...

DAGARN: That's right. My energy is about to run out, now. Seiji... farewell.

SEIJI: Da Garn!

DAGARN: I believe, as well... in the future you spoke of.

SEIJI: Goodbye... Da Garn!

SEIJI: The wind... the wind of my hometown... the wind of my hometown... where mom and dad... Hikaru and Hotaru and all my friends live...

SEIJI: They're here, and I'm here... now, and for all time... forever! Forever! FOREVER!

[Opening Theme]
Just as the wind rushes for the sky
I'm gonna take to the air, some day
I know I can, I believe in it
There's a power out there that the grown-ups have lost
And I'm gonna take it back, right now
I think that you can do it, too
Hey, I'm not very strong all by myself, either
But maybe, if we helped each other out...
We can fly! The Earth is our great ship!
Say, "Da Garn, stand tall!"
And head for the light of our endless future

7 comments:

  1. can you continue translate Carranger from ep 23 because I love that show very much <3
    sorry about my english :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished Carranger's translation a long time ago. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to make them release it faster. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, it's okay, thank you for reply me, tehkou-san ^^
    how about Gingaman, Hi no Tori Fansubs just subbed to ep 35 and then delay because there no translator :(
    or Ohranger, it's a good show too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. would you post Carranger translation script from ep 23 on your blog, Tehkou-san :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Onegai, Tehkou-san, can you post Carranger translation script from ep 23 to end on your blog just like Da Garn?
    at least please reply me :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see Da Garn fully translated. I wish all Yuusha series were translated, well, some day, some day...

    ReplyDelete